#8716611, By terminalterror The official London 2012 Olympic Games thread

• terminalterror 21 May 2012 19:50:58 18,932 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    i got a couple of tickets to the athletics on a wednesday evening.

just want to be able to say i've been and seen the stadium etc whta with living so close!
    You should be in for a treat. I went to the BUCS Athletics test event, and despite the stadium only being half full the atmosphere was superb.

Unfortunately the evening was split in two, with the first half being the student athletics (awesome) and the second half being a ridiculously bad celebrity games as some sort of stadium opening event thingy (with added unsubtle sponsorship whoring).

The park itself was really nice, and should be really lively when filled up with people.

Top tip: the food stands in the Olympic Park were not only vastly overpriced and not that great (not too surprising) but was also totally incapable of handling even 10% of the crowds that they had. I suggest you eat at the World Food Court in the Westfield before entering the park, loads of very good food at quite reasonable prices (Franco Manka do absolutely superb pizzas that are only about 6). If you have to eat in the Park for whatever reason, either bring a packed lunch (and empty water bottles) or stick to the McDonalds.