#4439086, By ruth3 Legal assured shorthold tenancy agreement online?

  • ruth3 26 Feb 2009 23:20:29 45 posts
    Seen 9 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You don't really need to have a signed tenancy agreement - if you need it to claim Housing Benefit then proof of paying rent (eg: rent book, bank statements, receipts) will do. If it came to a dispute you will be treated in law as if you have the tenancy agreement that your material circumstances entitle you to - what i mean is, if the landlord doesn't live on the premises, it'll be an assured shorthold tenancy so even if you don't have a paper document, you still have the same standard rights (eg: two months written notice if the landlord wants you out, then at the end of the two months court proceedings can begin ... etc)

    PS: I've worked in housing - with homeless 16-25 yr olds - for the last five years
Log in or register to reply