I understand his frustration though. It's hard to make a decision or commit to an offer if are waiting for another company to get back to you. I was in a similar situation a few months ago and it's hard to just relax and wait patiently, especially if you're bored at work.
Cant you just accept the other job and then if you get the one you want inform them you have changed your mind?
I'm waiting for my fucking phone to ring with a job offer or otherwise. It's stressing me out.
I already have a job offer from another company and I'm making them wait.
I AM STRESSED.