Just quit smoking... Page 21

• Mr_Sleep 30 Jun 2014 09:59:18 22,659 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    True, 270 odd quid a month versus what, 10-15?

Do you find the e-cigs as satisfying nicotine wise as a normal cig?
    It's a different experience in some ways, you get enough nicotine so the craving for nicotine is sated but I find it isn't like smoking a cigarette in that one doesn't have a definitive moment and there is less ritual about the actual smoking of the e-cigarette. That's probably the part that took the longest to acclimatise too.
  • Deleted user 30 June 2014 10:01:34
    I really need it to satiate the cravings, I find them intolerable when I try to stop smoking so if it does that, I'm sure I'll get used to the rest.
  • glo 30 Jun 2014 10:05:47 3,609 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Pinky_Floyd

It's not exactly the same but I find it satisfied my nicotine cravings better than any of the other alternatives. After a couple of years of vaping, I now find smoking a normal cigarette quite disgusting despite having smoked for 20 years prior to switching to ecigs.
  • Mr_Sleep 30 Jun 2014 10:09:42 22,659 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Yeah, it does seem to deal with the cravings. Getting used to the rest doesn't take too long, for sure. I remember first taking them up and only using it at work when going for fag breaks and it doesn't seem to last as long but I always went for medium nicotine levels in the juice. If you are not allowed to smoke one at work then it might be worth getting high strength liquids initially.
  • Immaterial 30 Jun 2014 10:17:48 2,317 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The only problem with my e-cig is that it's a bit bulky. I used to be able to keep a rolly going in the corner of my mouth when doing something that needed both hands*, stylish gent that I am.

*Driving, gardening and self-abuse.
  • Deleted user 30 June 2014 10:21:59
    Good info chaps - and do you find that you actually feel healthier too?
  • mAc6 30 Jun 2014 11:37:02 3,382 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Pinky_Floyd what I've found is that single
    ecig ( I prefer 'vape') set, consisting of (noname)
    EGO battery and (noname) plastic clearomizer
    liquidtank, is bad setup for fresh starter.

Everybody has to start somewhere and you just
    want to try it out first, see for yourself, not
    spending a whole lot of money on these
    Chinese vape stick things.

They're not so bad as to sample the concept.
    What is bad, imo, that you only get one battery
    in the starter kit. Usually 650mAh, so when you
    are using it and thinking hey this could be the
    way to quit tobacco burning, you don't want your
    lol battery to quit and you waiting by the charger
    for 2 hours till you can finally vape some more.

Those are inconvenient moments that will make
    you think about smoking real cigarette again.
    You don't want any of those moments. You want
    to be away from tobacco, you need to stop
    thinking about tobacco. So the substitute/
    alternative (vaping e-liquid) should be
    as frustrating free as possible.

So I recommend, if you really want to quit, a
    starterset with 2 pens in it. 2 batteries, 2
    clearomizers. I would advice buying known
    brand, like Kanger, Innokin, Joyetech.

Nice EVOD starterset will give you piece of
    mind, no worries. You don't want worries,
    because they give stress. Stress makes you
    want to smoke cigarettes. You don't want that
    no more, remember? You quit tobacco burning,
    you are an ex-smoker, you vape now.

disclaimer: unknown or fantasy ecig brands
    don't have to be bad by definition, they are
    usually clones of the true and tested brands,
    they're really good in cloning.
    But.
    You never know for sure, everything works as
    good as it can or should if you could compare
    it to the original. If there are issues with battery,
    leaking of clearomizer, sharp edges, charging
  • mAc6 30 Jun 2014 11:43:03 3,382 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sorry for weird layout. Im not drunk. It is not the e-liquid doing it, its my phone doing spastic things when typing a (quoted) reply. Now with no quote or direct reply, i can just type like normal.
  • mAc6 30 Jun 2014 11:44:37 3,382 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    well, normal..
  • mAc6 30 Jun 2014 11:50:16 3,382 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just normal poem, sometimes. It shits cats and dogs. You vape, i vape, we.
    Maybe. Just once. Normal. So get those juices flowing.
    Ill be doing lotta vaping tonight. Perhaps.When it is shitting the cats and dogs.
    Tonight.
  • Deleted user 30 June 2014 12:59:24
    So went to ziggicig at lunchtime and came away with a dual pack which includes 2 e-cigs, usb lead and mains plug. Came with a choice of juice and I bought another (went with Blueberry and Red Energy).

37 the lot and am really impressed just how much like smoking it is. Came with a little case too to keep all the gubbins in.
  • Mr_Sleep 30 Jun 2014 13:30:12 22,659 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Sounds good. I hope it works for you.
  • Rivuzu 30 Jun 2014 13:36:13 18,171 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Been about 5 weeks now since I started vaping, and after I dropped cigarettes.

No need to ween myself off, was straight onto the vape. No drawbacks, no withdrawals.

Currently using a mixture of very strong strawberry 18mg with blueberry 6mg juice, in an Aspire Nautilus tank (5ml, adjustible airflow) on a Vision Spinner 2 battery with variable voltages I can change on the fly.

Wake up, everything to max, get a berry blast and nicotine fix. Adjust throughout the day for the draw required. Refill once a week. Costs about 10 a month for the juices/parts (too lazy to re-coil myself).

Loving it.
  • Deleted user 30 June 2014 14:04:00
    @Mr_Sleep It has to, been smoking 25 years and it's starting to take it's toll on me financially and healthwise.

I have 10 cigs left in the pack will probably just bin them and make a clean break to the e-cig.

My mate got Lemon Limed from ziggycig and it's gorgeous, just tried it, will be my next flavour for sure.
  • Deleted user 30 June 2014 14:17:03
    Miaow.

Here's what I got, it's the ego ce4 apparently:

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 14:17:35 30-06-2014
  • Deleted user 30 June 2014 14:18:23
    @B0rked_Gamer here is where I ordered from.

http://www.ukecigstore.com

Edit: for anyone close enough to get to them in Wembley you can sample all the flavours.

Edited by cheeky_prawnking at 14:19:51 30-06-2014
  • Rivuzu 30 Jun 2014 15:14:24 18,171 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There's also www.myepack.com
    Even standard is next-day delivery. Huge range of juices to choose from.

As for Strawberry and Blueberry, that's just my latest mixing choice. You CAN just use the one juice, but I like to mix n match. Cola + Cherry for cherry coke. Cherry + menthol for Halls coughsweets. Even tried Cherry + Almond and it tasted nothing like a Bakewell.

Yeah, I like cherry...

I started off with a starter kit, and immediately needed to upgrade because it wasn't right for the smoke I was used to (and I'm a bit of a tart for new gadgets in my pocket). I used to smoke rollies, so a battery capable of higher voltage (giving a better throat hit) was more my thing.

The Nautilus tank is one of the biggest out currently, and that was purely because I was overusing it and had to refill it each time (also why I cut down the level of nicotine in the liquid!)

Edit: And no, they don't have their own special juice. I've tried juice's from 4 different companies so far - all goes in the same way, all gets burned the same way.

Edited by rivuzu at 15:15:07 30-06-2014

Edit edit: And for gods sake, people, stay away from the fake-cigarette looking ones. They're disgusting. Vaporisers are a much better alternative.

Edited by rivuzu at 15:15:45 30-06-2014
  • Fab4 25 Mar 2015 11:23:41 8,827 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I quit smoking 4 years ago today :)

Time flies, and I really don't miss it.
  • Rivuzu 25 Mar 2015 11:43:45 18,171 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well done mate :D I'm approaching a year myself, though I'm on the vaporisers so I'm not sure that counts.

Though looking at my earlier posts from 9 months ago, fuck me do things change quickly...
  • Deleted user 25 March 2015 11:46:52
    It doesn't count. It's much much worse.
  • richarddavies 25 Mar 2015 12:04:15 6,731 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I not long ago past the 6 month mark. I just went cold turkey. I tried before with e-cigs and gum/sprays and all that bollocks but I'd always end up back with a cigarette. Don't even think about them anymore. Just happy to call myself a non smoker.
  • spamdangled 3 Dec 2017 20:34:02 31,738 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Started my road to quitting on Tuesday night. I'm usong a vape to help wean me off, and have an app on my phone that is tracking how much I've saved, etc.

I had a couple of cigarettes yesterday after some bad news, but I have "not smoked 103" according to the app, and saved over 50.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.