Just quit smoking... Page 24

Next Last
  • UncleLou Moderator 17 Oct 2018 10:13:35 40,158 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Quit smoking in June 2017, vaped for a while, then had a pretty severe case of pneumonia last autumn that knocked me off my feet for more than a month.

Not smoked or vaped anything since, and zero desire to do so. The mandatory x-ray of the lungs when you have pneumonia is not a pleasure, in particular if you have to fill in their questionnaire at the beginning how much you smoke(d).

Not sure vaping is much better than smoking. Research increasingly says the opposite.
  • Mr_Sleep 17 Oct 2018 11:47:33 22,736 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Not sure vaping is much better than smoking. Research increasingly says the opposite.
    Hmmm, not sure about that. There are specific flavours that are a mystery and their interaction with the body is not fully understood yet. There have been cases where there have been bad batches that have caused problems.

Otherwise, the fact that it is heated and not burnt is one of the primary reasons for it being a healthier choice. There are large numbers of toxic elements released from burning tobacco or any other substance that vaping does not get near.

The only convincing study I have heard that suggests some kind of issue is the inflammation of lung tissue which is of concern. Oh and sub ohm vaping can cause issues where heavy metals are leeched from the coils but that only really happens with fresh coils and the quantity and harm caused by this is not known.
  • fontgeeksogood 17 Oct 2018 11:58:29 6,541 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Wait, I've been vaping now for years on the health advice of this forum. I didn't even smoke before, what is this shit
  • Mr_Sleep 17 Oct 2018 12:00:12 22,736 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @fontgeeksogood uh huh.
  • UncleLou Moderator 17 Oct 2018 12:44:56 40,158 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep Well, "the opposite" wasn't a correct choice of words. It's most likely not (quite) as bad as smoking, and there aren't long-term studies yet, but with possible cell damage in the lungs to a significantly higher heart attack risk, I wouldn't really call it a "healthier" choice.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 17 Oct 2018 12:49:56 20,393 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I was reading about another recent study that has scientists worried. Apparently vaping makes you so unattractive to the opposite sex that they're worried if it continues to grow in popularity it could spell the end of the human race. No one wants to a fuck a vapist.
  • elstoof 17 Oct 2018 13:00:26 23,680 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wait, even if you exclusively wear the branded t shirt from your favourite vape juice supplier?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 17 Oct 2018 13:08:20 20,393 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thats a loop hole that they're hoping may save us. Apparently a vapist in the lower Manchester area did once successfully copulate with a large lady thanks mainly to his Vape Life tshirt and hat. She was impressed that he didn't choose the Vape life, it chose him.
  • macmurphy 17 Oct 2018 13:08:44 3,884 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ignore Decks. Iíve got a VapeLyfe baseball cap that I wear backwards and Iím absolutely elbow deep in minge.

Telling a girl about your new tank setup is a nailed-on knicker-dropper.
  • Deleted user 17 October 2018 13:09:50
    Since giving up smoking in August 2016 I've developed no end of health issues. I'm convinced smoking is good for you.
  • macmurphy 17 Oct 2018 13:11:41 3,884 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sometimes I blow a big cloud of smoke and then step through it to stand in front of a girl like Iím about to perform a number on ĎStars in their Eyes.í Thatís guaranteed first base material. Blow a few smoke rings and youíre touching tit. Guaranteed.
  • fontgeeksogood 17 Oct 2018 13:14:00 6,541 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I get it, a rapey smoke screen. Pretty clever
  • Load_2.0 17 Oct 2018 17:55:30 29,642 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I don't care for the taste but a large pole in my mouth keeps me happy.
  • Mr_Sleep 17 Oct 2018 18:15:21 22,736 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @UncleLou I hadn't heard about the Heart attack risk. Is there a study out there worth looking at? I will grant you there probably are issues that are not fully understood yet that may lead to health issues.

Saying all that, my lungs feel healthy, I don't have the nagging smokers cough and it hasn't led to a drop in fitness but there may be underlying problems that have not become clear yet.

Living in London is probably the most unhealhy thing I am currently doing with the pollution targets being broken within 24 hours, the diesel particulates everywhere and the pollutants caused by cars braking.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 18:18:20 17-10-2018
  • quadfather 17 Oct 2018 19:01:11 34,671 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You wanna try the M-bastard-60
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.