International 'nutter runs amok' shootings thread (inspired by America) Page 478

• Jono62 21 Mar 2019 08:31:02 22,680 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    I've literally not heard of Lincoln until now. What happened in Lincoln
    Inbreeding

Edited by Jono62 at 08:31:51 21-03-2019
  • thelzdking 21 Mar 2019 08:32:46 9,524 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    I've literally not heard of Lincoln until now. What happened in Lincoln
    Ahh, it's a terrible place Pes, don't get me started.
  • Mola_Ram 25 Mar 2019 07:11:03 21,254 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gotta say, that whole "not mentioning the killer's name" thing has really caught on.

And it works! It's barely a week later and I can't remember the name anymore.
  • challenge_hanukkah 25 Mar 2019 07:13:40 11,147 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Barnabus Troughton or something.
  • 2dividedby0 25 Mar 2019 09:03:24 55 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Shopworker 'stabbed to death' as six people knifed overnight across London

Another 'normal' weekend in London then.

Detectives are appealing for witnesses who may have seen a black Vauxhall Astra driving away at high speed immediately after the stabbing.

Edited by 2dividedby0 at 09:04:46 25-03-2019
  • Tonka 28 Mar 2019 05:09:37 29,771 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Lunatic with a gun in Seattle

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/27/us/seattle-shooting-bus/index.html
  • TechnoHippy 28 Mar 2019 10:09:53 15,387 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Gotta say, that whole "not mentioning the killer's name" thing has really caught on.

And it works! It's barely a week later and I can't remember the name anymore.
    I've always been a fan of this approach. It's the attention that they crave.
  • Tonka 28 Mar 2019 11:06:18 29,771 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Please elaborate.
  • Mola_Ram 28 Mar 2019 11:09:28 21,254 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
    Yep, no name makes it much more easier to swallow when it happens again and again. So when false flags do happen, you just accept it, without any investigation to the person or background ties.
    Eh? Of course you investigate them, their ties and all of that. You just don't give them the notoriety they crave by plastering their name everywhere.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 28 Mar 2019 11:14:13 20,733 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There really is no point in engaging with him. His modus operandi is to sweep into a thread, say something ball achingly stupid, and then disappear into the night with no follow up.
  • richardiox 28 Mar 2019 11:22:12 7,752 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    FromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
    Yep, no name makes it much more easier to swallow when it happens again and again. So when false flags do happen, you just accept it, without any investigation to the person or background ties.
    But who is swallowing what happens? I don't think people forget about these incidents just because the killer doesn't get press.

But then most people remember things like this due to sympathy for the victims, and y'know compassion. Unlike you whose fixation is on the perpetrator or the credibility that it even happened.
  • challenge_hanukkah 28 Mar 2019 11:31:30 11,147 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    He's busy scouring the internet for something that might fit as a reply to copy and paste.
  • Tonka 28 Mar 2019 11:49:26 29,771 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Facebook is about to crack down on white supremacists. Good luck with that.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/27/18284174/facebook-ban-white-nationalist-separatist-content
  • JoelStinty 28 Mar 2019 12:17:47 8,074 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Reading that two parkland survivors committed suicide last week, as did a father of one of the sandy hook children. Devastating. I didn't realise the extent that parents where getting harassed by alt-right idiots saying it was hoax etc. I don't know what world where not only do you lose a child but get harassed so much you have to move houses several times etc.
  • Tonka 28 Mar 2019 12:22:06 29,771 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    And then there are all the kids being forced through active shooter drills that seem to nothing but add stress and trauma.
  • JamboWayOh 28 Mar 2019 13:02:17 14,754 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Reading that two parkland survivors committed suicide last week, as did a father of one of the sandy hook children. Devastating. I didn't realise the extent that parents where getting harassed by alt-right idiots saying it was hoax etc. I don't know what world where not only do you lose a child but get harassed so much you have to move houses several times etc.
    A world where people shout fake news, call the media the enemy of the people and believe the words 'expert' and 'facts' to be bad words.
  • Tonka 28 Mar 2019 13:36:06 29,771 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'd put the blame more on Facebook and Google. They've spent millions on keeping people glued to their screens and the best way they've found is to enrage.

Cue constant promotion of angry asshats shouting lies for profit. So even thought it's a bunch of fucked up people making all the noise, it's the systems that promote them that needs to be torn down.

Again, I'm cooling on the idea of live, unedited, global mass media in the hands of anyone with a smartphone and an internet connection.
  • up_the_ante 28 Mar 2019 13:48:01 1,099 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tonka wrote:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/27/18284174/facebook-ban-white-nationalist-separatist-content
    I’ve no problem with this in theory, but I wonder what they’re going to do with political groups like the SNP or Basque separatists? They’ll quite probably be flagged as white separatists or white nationalists.
  • Mola_Ram 28 Mar 2019 14:29:25 21,254 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's nice that they're trying, but it's at least a decade too late - for the most part the horse has already bolted. People have gotten used to an internet without serious content moderation, and I don't know how you change that now.

Still, I guess it's better than nothing.
  • Nexus_6 28 Mar 2019 14:36:01 4,312 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    up_the_ante wrote:
    Tonka wrote:

I’ve no problem with this in theory, but I wonder what they’re going to do with political groups like the SNP or Basque separatists? They’ll quite probably be flagged as white separatists or white nationalists.
    Bollocks
  • up_the_ante 28 Mar 2019 15:48:16 1,099 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nexus_6 wrote:
    up_the_ante wrote:
    Tonka wrote:

Bollocks
    Well why didn't Facebook implement the policy before now? Because they thought it would infringe on legitimate groups is why.

Wired:
    The company later argued it couldn’t institute a global rule forbidding white nationalism and separatism because it would inadvertently ensnare other, legitimate movements like “black separatist groups, and the Zionist movement, and the Basque movement.”
  • challenge_hanukkah 28 Mar 2019 16:37:40 11,147 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • senso-ji 30 Mar 2019 22:39:48 9,795 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    NZ gunman complains about his treatment.

No access to media, among other things. Guess he wants to check out the latest memes on 4chan.
  • PazJohnMitch 30 Mar 2019 22:53:52 14,649 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    He wants to see what all the other nutters are saying about his crime.

He probably sees himself as a hero. It would be amusing if they showed him threads where the far right were complaining that he had made their agenda harder.
  • JamboWayOh 30 Mar 2019 23:23:11 14,754 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    NZ gunman complains about his treatment.

No access to media, among other things. Guess he wants to check out the latest memes on 4chan.
    Ahhh yes, the inevitable 'my rights are being abused' cries. Its always incredible how cunts who show an absolute disregard for people's rights and dignity and life are the first people to complain about theirs being withdrawn. Classic Master Race.
  • up_the_ante 31 Mar 2019 03:50:56 1,099 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Give him no information from the outside world for the rest of his life would be the ideal approach. From his perspective he would feel long forgotten about and increasingly frustrated and irrelevant. I don't know if that's possible under NZ law though.
  • Mola_Ram 31 Mar 2019 04:13:38 21,254 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, prisoners do have rights, even the mass-murdering ones. I know it's a tough pill to swallow, but if you make exceptions for this guy the whole notion of "rights" becomes a bit of a sham.
  • Tonka 31 Mar 2019 07:05:26 29,771 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Imagine if he's deradicalised from the lack of constant chan snark. The effects of the red pill wearing off so to speak.

Imagine if he realised what he's done.

That would be the perfect punishment. Well, that and having him locked up for the rest of his life. Only to be released on a movie lot where the redpiller nightmare is enacted (a cultural Marxist free for all Bonanza, somehow mixed with an oppressive Islamic state) hours before his death
  • fontgeeksogood 31 Mar 2019 07:33:05 6,775 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Imagine if he's deradicalised from the lack of constant chan snark. The effects of the red pill wearing off so to speak.

Imagine if he realised what he's done.

That would be the perfect punishment. Well, that and having him locked up for the rest of his life. Only to be released on a movie lot where the redpiller nightmare is enacted (a cultural Marxist free for all Bonanza, somehow mixed with an oppressive Islamic state) hours before his death
    So, he's rehabilitated, also repentant, yet he still doesn't ever get considered for parole?

Not saying if something different to that is 'right' or not, but what's troubling to me is that concept of vengeance in anyone's correctional treatment.

To make me feel okay about full life tariffs, I have to imagine the person being unrepentant and an awful human being until the end

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.