International 'nutter runs amok' shootings thread (inspired by America) Page 488

• fontgeeksogood 9 Oct 2019 21:24:22 7,025 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    There's definitely something in the Venn diagram though with videogames. Sorry my dudes, but all these honkey supremacists seem to be at least linked to our shared interests
  • pacrifice 9 Oct 2019 21:24:53 4,873 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Apparently, he was trying to do a Christchurch style massacre but was denied entry into a synagogue. Angry, he went random and shot a woman and got a guy (I think kebab shop)... It's something like that anyway.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 9 Oct 2019 21:27:43 21,090 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    There's definitely something in the Venn diagram though with videogames. Sorry my dudes, but all these honkey supremacists seem to be at least linked to our shared interests
    Well yeah but also what young lonely guy doesn't play video games? I bet he had Netflix too, doesn't mean it caused him to shoot up the place.
  • Jono62 9 Oct 2019 21:35:34 22,826 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He had Amazon also
  • fontgeeksogood 9 Oct 2019 21:38:10 7,025 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    There's not really an online community forum for Netflix users though. Or if there is, there's barely any goading of people to perform and record atrocities
  • neilka 9 Oct 2019 21:41:00 22,710 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    On the fruit fly internet user Decks is considered the new Elliot Rodger.
  • JamboWayOh 9 Oct 2019 21:45:12 15,074 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    On the fruit fly internet user Decks is considered the new Elliot Rodger.
    Fucking hell, I laughed too hard at this.
  • nickthegun 9 Oct 2019 22:07:01 78,772 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Well yeah but also what young lonely guy doesn't play video games? I bet he had Netflix too, doesn't mean it caused him to shoot up the place.
    I think the distinction is that videogames don't cause this kind of thing, but fans of videogames do.

The link between playing games and violence is unproven but the link between playing games and being an absolute twat is undeniable.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 9 Oct 2019 22:23:36 21,090 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah undoubtedly. Genuine question though, is there anyone under, I dunno 23, who doesn't play games now?
  • JamboWayOh 9 Oct 2019 22:33:26 15,074 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Yeah undoubtedly. Genuine question though, is there anyone under, I dunno 23, who doesn't play games now?
    Yeah some guy at my work, but he's also a massive creeper who is incredibly awkward to be around and can't have a conversation unless it's about him in some way.
  • KnuttinAtoll 9 Oct 2019 23:11:19 7,438 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    pacrifice wrote:

German nazi white guy.
    Well thanks for further sharing his video, it's exactly what he would've wanted. Great job.
  • pacrifice 10 Oct 2019 04:29:35 4,873 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I found them to be selected screenshots and not, I don't think the most graphic parts.

If you disagree though, you could always do this - https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/report-a-tweet
  • X201 10 Oct 2019 06:24:39 19,415 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    pacrifice wrote:
    Apparently, he was trying to do a Christchurch style massacre but was denied entry into a synagogue. Angry, he went random and shot a woman and got a guy (I think kebab shop)... It's something like that anyway.
    I heard a report that he threw a hand grenade at a door and it bounced off it back towards him
  • KnuttinAtoll 10 Oct 2019 07:17:26 7,438 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    pacrifice wrote:
    I found them to be selected screenshots and not, I don't think the most graphic parts.

If you disagree though, you could always do this - https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/report-a-tweet
    Ok I assumed the hidden media was the video and not screenshots. Still though, that thread is peppered with those screens including what I assume is a pic of the shooter.

Especially given he's still alive you don't think people fawning over it like that twatter thread does (full name and all as well) will be exactly what he wanted? Fame and notoriety? Why do you think NZ kept his name and images out of the media (which I thought was very good)?

As for reporting a tweet, lol.
  • pacrifice 10 Oct 2019 10:58:29 4,873 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I understand, agree with your points but just don't find the Twitter thread to be as heavy as that. I suppose whatever informations are always going to be for someone's agenda (I'm not condoning). Even if it be a name and a mugshot. We should care in the informations we're informed.

When I first saw the tweet, I didn't get a "view sensitive information' prompt. I tend to steer clear of that too and didn't think was that bad.

If you find reporting a tweet somewhat humourous , maybe you could try this - https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/
  • monkman76 10 Oct 2019 12:49:15 15,117 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Reports saying that the death toll would have been much higher, but his guns were home-made and kept jamming. This ought to be picked up on by gun control advocates - look how much harder it is to commit mass murder when you can't just go into a supermarket and buy a military rifle.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 10 Oct 2019 12:53:41 17,204 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The death toll would have been extremely high if the synagogue didn’t have security, which the likes of Jackie Walker claim is unnecessary and all part of Jews weaponising antisemitism.
  • Load_2.0 10 Oct 2019 15:34:41 29,927 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    There is an issue with the toxicity of the hard core gaming community. If you live the majority of your life in front of a screen either playing games or in 4chan type forums it's going to have an effect on your psychological state. It may not be the primary driver but it's a contributing factor.
  • pacrifice 10 Oct 2019 18:09:43 4,873 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/german-synagogue-shooting-halle-attack-latest-stephan-balliet-suspect-neo-nazi-a9150451.html

Balliet’s livestream and online documents seen by The Independent suggest he was deeply embedded in online forums, gaming culture and had a fascination with Japan.

Balliet said he had “originally planned to storm a mosque or an antifa ‘culture’ centre” which he thought would be less secure than the synagogue targeted.

Speaking in English at the start of his livestream, Balliet said he was a Holocaust denier and said he believed feminism was ”the cause of declining birth rates in the west”.

Can't remember who but make sure you have a thorough talking to with your 15 year old.
  • pacrifice 10 Oct 2019 18:13:07 4,873 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Load_2.0

He called himself a “weeb”, denoting an obsession with Japanese culture, and an “anon” – the term used to describe users of 4chan, 8chan and other imageboards that were used by previous mass shooters to share manifestos.

One of three documents Balliet posted online before the attack was entitled “manifesto” in Japanese and included an image of a sexualised anime “cat-girl”.
  • Jono62 10 Oct 2019 18:27:11 22,826 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Who is the person that you speak of?
  • sport 10 Oct 2019 18:28:32 15,261 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    An animanifesto?
  • RelaxedMikki 10 Oct 2019 18:47:03 3,152 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    The death toll would have been extremely high if the synagogue didn’t have security, which the likes of Jackie Walker claim is unnecessary and all part of Jews weaponising antisemitism.
    Yup. I agree.

Without wanting to be accused of "whataboutery": some Labour dickhead getting their misguided knickers in a twist about Gaza and bankers is one thing. Actual gun wielding Nazis is another.
  • Your-Mother 10 Oct 2019 18:53:38 2,996 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    Tonka
  • monkman76 10 Oct 2019 19:10:45 15,117 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    RelaxedMikki wrote:
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Yup. I agree.

Without wanting to be accused of "whataboutery": some Labour dickhead getting their misguided knickers in a twist about Gaza and bankers is one thing. Actual gun wielding Nazis is another.
    Both on the same continuum though. The Nazis didn’t go straight to death camps.
  • Dirtbox 11 Oct 2019 04:43:49 91,192 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Have they unearthed his inevitable right wing manifesto yet?
  • Load_2.0 11 Oct 2019 08:16:49 29,927 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    He did it in Google Docs so no one has been able to decipher it yet.
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Oct 2019 08:24:19 7,438 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Your-Mother wrote:
    Jono62 wrote:
    Tonka
    Always thought he was a weibo, not a weeb
  • TechnoHippy 11 Oct 2019 12:18:01 15,436 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Some stabbings at the Arndale shopping center in Manchester - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50014205
  • quadfather 11 Oct 2019 13:19:08 35,012 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm just on my way to town now. Feck.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.