• Jono62 8 Jun 2020 06:45:16 25,760 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Condolences for your friend, Zulu.
  • robc84 8 Jun 2020 07:08:37 14,719 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ZuluHero

So sorry for your loss. Obviously itís always a terrible thing but when there are young children involved :(

So my father in law probably has a few months left. Heís had health problems for years now, strokes, heart attacks, prostate and lung cancer but heís always managed to come through it. Think heís had his last lot of chemo now. Hardest thing is that none of his kids have been able to see him during lockdown.

Discussing whether we can all safely go away (in the UK) for a weekend together but itís difficult with Covid. Weíve all been pretty strict on lockdown but heís obviously been back and forth to hospital.

Fuck Cancer.
    Fuck Covid.
  • LegendaryApe 8 Jun 2020 07:27:47 2,131 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ZuluHero

Very sad news, my sincere condolences
  • Deleted user 8 June 2020 07:51:45
    LegendaryApe wrote:
    @ZuluHero

Very sad news, my sincere condolences
    This.
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Jun 2020 11:30:11 26,216 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @ZuluHero
    Very sorry to hear mate.
  • Dougs 8 Jun 2020 11:30:25 95,995 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    :(
  • wuntyate 8 Jun 2020 12:33:30 15,468 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ZuluHero Ahh shit. My sincere condolences man. Terrible news. I know what you mean about the children thing as well. I well up when I think of children having to grow up without one or both parents. :(
  • wuntyate 8 Jun 2020 12:37:29 15,468 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @robc84 That sounds bleak chief, hopefully there will be a moment in the near future when you can all get together. The worst of it is, like you say, you've all been strict and the fact he's not seen his children throughout it all, and you all know it's for the best. But it must be excruciating, especially as over half the country doesn't seem to give a shit about lockdown or social distancing. Genuinely hope he can keep going to see through to the other side of this lockdown and see you all again first.
  • TechnoHippy 8 Jun 2020 13:00:40 17,842 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    There are some wonderful supportive people in this thread, but I almost always hate seeing that there's a new post :-(

My condolences to you @ZuleHero, and @robc84, I'm sorry to hear your news.

Fuck cancer indeed.
  • ZuluHero 8 Jun 2020 13:01:28 9,252 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @robc84 Sorry, only just caught up with people's replies - that sounds terrible really sorry to hear about your Father-in-law, hope your partner is doing ok (and you too).

It makes it worse with all the covid-stuff going on. It's especially hard not being able to see people in their final months, and must be especially hard on those suffering with terminal illnesses as well. Terrible times.

Her husband is a close friend too, and the hospital she went to was being very cagey about letting people come in and see her in her final week. I guess it's a sign of the times, but that doesn't help make things any easier - especially when you see pictures of everyone at the beach. Feels royally unfair.

And to everyone else, I really appreciate the replies and sympathy. Thanks guys.

Edited by ZuluHero at 13:02:57 08-06-2020
  • robc84 8 Jun 2020 13:13:02 14,719 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @wuntyate

Yeah it's difficult as they all really want to get a cottage or something and go away for a long weekend. I know technically we shouldn't do it, but I'd feel like a right cunt for pushing against it.

The wife has seen them a couple of times in the last couple of weeks by meeting in open spaces and making sure the kids keep 2m away. In some ways that's harder though as the kids want a cuddle from nanny and grandad and vice versa but they are not allowed.

It's just a really fucked up situation everyone is living in now.
  • Dougs 8 Jun 2020 13:14:42 95,995 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    robc84 wrote:

It's just a really fucked up situation everyone is living in now.
    Ain't that the truth. :(
  • wuntyate 8 Jun 2020 13:33:11 15,468 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @robc84 Aye it is that. Yeah this is one of those situations where you know it will be wrong but, as you say, you'll feel awful for saying that it shoudn't be done. What the hell to do. The thought of potentially losing someone before you all get to see him face to face and spend quality moments together is horrific and doesn't bear thinking about. On the other hand you wouldn't feel right advocating a large meetup in a location potentially far from your home.

It is fucked. Completely.

Edited by wuntyate at 13:33:39 08-06-2020
  • Armoured_Bear 21 Sep 2020 14:12:45 29,126 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    I don't like commenting/bumping this thread for the obvious reasons but it turns out my brother in law got taken to hospital yesterday after taking chemotherapy for liver cancer which caused extreme abdominal pains. Just been told that he's now in palliative care as it's completely spread in his body.

One of the worst things here is my sister suffers from various serious mental health issues and this has understandably tipped her over the edge. There's only me and my 2 sisters left now and me and my other sister are worried to fuck about our suffering sister.

This is making me feel exactly like I did when I had to go and visit my dad for the last time in hospital.

Absolutely FUCK YOU CANCER YOU CUNT
    Sorry to hear that, hope your sis gets the support she needs. Cancer is a massive fucking bastard.

I found out today that my cousinís cancer which 2 months ago was gone ( but with high probability of returning ) has spread to her ribs, liver and stomach and there is nothing that can be done. Sheíll only have a few months.
    Sheís only 45 and the kindest, loveliest person you can meet, extremely giving to all her family, friends and pupils (sheís a Physics teacher), itís just so fucking wrong.
    Hopefully will get back to see her in the next week or two, itís horrible knowing that thereís nothing you can do and being so clueless what to say.
    My lovely cousin passed away this morning at 45, utterly fucking tragic.
    I have been so lucky to have gotten to spend some time with her in the last few months but so hard to see her a week ago, in so much pain and discomfort.

Such a horrible fucker of a disease.
  • Dougs 21 Sep 2020 14:13:52 95,995 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    :( Sorry to hear that. FCUTA
  • Nexus_6 21 Sep 2020 14:14:37 5,349 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Sorry big man
  • AcidSnake 21 Sep 2020 14:16:39 8,351 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Condolences, man...
  • wuntyate 21 Sep 2020 14:19:40 15,468 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So sorry to hear that. Sincerest condolences.
  • Armoured_Bear 21 Sep 2020 14:20:36 29,126 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks guys, Covid has made such a horrible time much worse, rather than do a couple of bucket list-lite trips in her last 6 months as she wanted, she had to spend it isolated at home.
    Now her family will have to decide who can come to the funeral due to the limit of people, I won't be able to attend as I'll have to quarantine. All these maskless fuckwits don't think about stuff like this. Makes me so angry.
  • Nexus_6 21 Sep 2020 14:48:19 5,349 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah that's fucking rough man.
    I had a friend from Uni I hadnt seen in many years and she died of cancer during the first lockdown. She had 2 little girls. I was hit by how shit it was that noone could go to the funeral but what you're saying is much worse - they wouldnt have been able to do any of the things you often can do before your time is up because of the virus.

What a state of affairs
  • fontgeeksogood 21 Sep 2020 14:49:39 10,892 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That's awful, no age at all. Best wishes ecosse x
  • JamboWayOh 21 Sep 2020 14:55:12 21,097 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really do hate seeing this thread bumped. Fuck cancer.
  • Deleted user 21 September 2020 17:30:39
    Thats awful. Thoughts are with you and your family.
  • TechnoHippy 21 Sep 2020 17:38:46 17,842 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Sorry for your loss :-(
  • JonFE 21 Sep 2020 18:27:18 2,030 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    My condolences A_B :(
  • Armoured_Bear 21 Sep 2020 18:28:52 29,126 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks guys.
  • Murbs 21 Sep 2020 20:34:22 24,849 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Condolences. Sorry to hear
  • SirDespard 22 Sep 2020 18:24:48 222 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Spoke to my younger brother earlier, has got stage IV lower intestinal cancer confirmed today. Had a blockage removed two weeks ago but has spread to lymph and liver.
    Obviously chemo is on the cards, but it looks bleak. Heís trying to be positive but itís hit me like a brick today. Heís 46.
  • Frogofdoom 22 Sep 2020 18:43:02 16,955 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's rough Despard, like you say its looking pretty bleak but I wish him and you the best.
  • ZuluHero 22 Sep 2020 18:48:30 9,252 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Terrible news, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.