Following Boxing Page 197

• Load_2.0 4 Sep 2019 15:24:14 30,330 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Eddie Hearn who called the previous fight an embarrassment now involved.

I'm all for youtubers beating each other senseless, this time with no head protectors and big boy gloves.
  • senso-ji 4 Sep 2019 15:26:39 9,944 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    People are predicting that this makes more money than Fury-Wilder, Canelo-Jacobs and Loma-Campbell. It's crazy how the level of 'influencer' popularity is at the moment.
  • Load_2.0 9 Sep 2019 21:28:27 30,330 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Derek Chisora is a fabulous ambassador for the noble sport of boxing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/49639160
  • Dougs 10 Sep 2019 06:52:28 91,280 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:

I'm all for youtubers beating each other senseless, this time with no head protectors and big boy gloves.
    So am I, just not live on telly in front of baying kids. If they want to have a scrap, let them sort it out down the garages like the children they are.
  • sport 7 Oct 2019 21:25:52 15,392 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Shit is kicking off y'all
  • Lukus 7 Oct 2019 21:41:46 22,389 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Never before have I wanted a double knockout so badly.
  • Mola_Ram 8 Oct 2019 06:42:25 21,876 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whoever wins, we all lose.
  • macmurphy 8 Oct 2019 10:34:34 4,079 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pretty apathetic but also it puts boxing on front page. Also encourages these grudge match type events. Lots of gyms in the city offer two month intensive courses before white collar nights. If it gets more people into boxing Iím all for it. Seems more wholesome than having the Joshua fight in Saudi Arabia.

Which again, Iím kind of apathetic about, because fair play to getting all the money you can when youíre dedicating your life and risking your health.

Lots of moody stuff in boxing - doping, people ducking each other, mismatched fights for cash.

Saw Spence Porter the other night on YouTube - itís a belter. Hoping to catch the GGG fight this week. The heavyweight division is in rude health, bar the obvious fights not being made.

I think the gameís in good health. I know it will be a bit pathetic that big fighters will be on the KSI undercard, but I think McGregor has shown that generating excitement is as much about showmanship as it is about talent. I think heís a dick but the amount of money in UFC has only increased and thatís good for all the fighters. Itís the same with this fight, the money and interest generated can only benefit other boxers long term.
  • senso-ji 8 Oct 2019 11:08:36 9,944 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Never mind KSI vs Logan Paul:

Fury vs Stroman is the next big fight
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 8 Oct 2019 11:32:42 21,770 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah just been watching that. Those punches he throws in the corner miss by about 3 foot.
  • DJCopa 8 Oct 2019 11:36:40 2,036 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I loved that - WWE has had M.Tyson, Butterbean, etc. - All adds to the obvious pantomime and gives Fury a wider audience in US.

KSI V Logan, not so much (for me).
  • macmurphy 8 Oct 2019 11:42:02 4,079 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    Never mind KSI vs Logan Paul:

Fury vs Stroman is the next big fight
    Haha, case in point about the show biz element. That looked like a fun bit of PR to be fair, but Fury needs to work on his stage fighting 😂
  • SolidSCB 8 Oct 2019 11:43:57 11,822 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There's never been a boxer more destined to be a wrestler than Fury. An oversized circus act man child has finally come to the land of oversized circus act man children.
  • macmurphy 8 Oct 2019 11:52:23 4,079 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Iíve sung Furyís praises a lot on here, I always think heís been a bit ignorant at times, but never malicious.

Whatever your opinions on his personality, heís a really, really great boxer for a man his size. Not fighter, not knockout merchant, but for pure boxing ability I think heís easily the best in the division.
  • Load_2.0 8 Oct 2019 12:03:25 30,330 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    One of my biggest grievances with Saudi Arabia as a boxing venue stems from the Amir Khan fight.

That was a complete circus, no booze means entertainment comes from ridiculous spectacles and truly shit music blaring at inopportune moments.

But what really irked me was the complete disregard and disrespect shown to the sport and the fighters by the super rich Saudi's in the front row. They had a huge open space surronding the ring to separate them from the peasants and walked about texting or chatting on their phones whilst fights were on.

There was zero interest in the fight and it was obviously a place to "be seen". Pricks.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 8 Oct 2019 12:08:32 21,770 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah it was a fucking shambles.
  • macmurphy 8 Oct 2019 12:17:20 4,079 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    See also athletes having what should be one of the best professional nights of their career in empty stadiums.
  • Load_2.0 26 Oct 2019 22:14:56 30,330 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Chisora all over Price but catches an uppercut right on the bell at the end of the third.

Could fo either way now.
  • Load_2.0 26 Oct 2019 22:15:40 30,330 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Ooof big body shot and that's that.

Crowd dont like it.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 26 Oct 2019 23:13:17 11,570 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Main event has been really good so far.
  • RawShark 27 Oct 2019 00:17:43 979 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    One of my biggest grievances with Saudi Arabia as a boxing venue stems from the Amir Khan fight.

That was a complete circus, no booze means entertainment comes from ridiculous spectacles and truly shit music blaring at inopportune moments.

But what really irked me was the complete disregard and disrespect shown to the sport and the fighters by the super rich Saudi's in the front row. They had a huge open space surronding the ring to separate them from the peasants and walked about texting or chatting on their phones whilst fights were on.

There was zero interest in the fight and it was obviously a place to "be seen". Pricks.
    Any promoter who stages an event in Saudi Arabia basically declares themselves as morally bankrupt in my eyes... Oh hai Vince.

Honestly with Tyson... I see this whole thing as someone taking a pay cheque because he knows deep down he canít be a champion again. I donít think heíll ever be the man he was when he beat Klitschko. All that God bothering and rampant homophobia did his career no favours whatsoever.

And I know itís a lot harder to turn down money when itís not being offered to you... but money is money. You can make it anywhere. And it doesnít make you happy. If it did Brad Pitt would stop trying to complete his Panini sticker book of hot wives.
  • macmurphy 27 Oct 2019 07:56:02 4,079 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I donít think either Furyís form or his mindset say he canít be champion again. I wouldnít bet against it.

Also I donít much like fighting in Saudi but I doubt it had much to do with the fighters. They share some responsibility of course, because they have to give the nod, but Iím sure itís a huge amount of pressure on them not to say no to a fight deal thatís been months in the organising and planning.
  • Load_2.0 27 Oct 2019 10:14:10 30,330 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I feel the same way about football being played in fucking Qatar or China.

Horrific human rights abuses? Don't worry about it here's a blank cheque.
  • Mola_Ram 27 Oct 2019 10:26:43 21,876 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Now now, I'm sure those Nepali slaves worked really hard to build those Qatari venues in 35+ degree heat.
  • macmurphy 27 Oct 2019 12:44:58 4,079 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think footballís probably a bit worse. Boxers have short careers of getting punched in the head. You can understand a desire to make as much money as possible and get out. Theyíre at least doing something and getting paid for it. I donít think anyone with half a brain thinks it confers any legitimacy or glory on the country it happens in.

Football was blatantly just corrupt officials taking bungs, and the years and years of moody labour environments and human rights abuses itís engendered are much worse in my opinion. Itís not as if world football is short of a Bob or two.

If the clusterfuck in Doha is anything to go by, itís also going to be a shit event as well.
  • reddevil93 3 Nov 2019 09:04:03 15,121 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What a beautiful finish by Canelo.
  • senso-ji 3 Nov 2019 09:31:45 9,944 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, the persistence paid off. He was landing that left hook all night and just needed to wait until it did some damage.
  • Joey_Deacon 3 Nov 2019 11:44:20 9 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's great to see that HGH translates through the weight divisions.
  • sport 7 Nov 2019 14:21:39 15,392 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    No head-guards!! 10oz gloves!! Someone's getting knocked out!!
  • senso-ji 7 Nov 2019 18:13:29 9,944 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Great fight between Inoue and Donaire earlier. Inoue establishing himself as P4P top 5 right now.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.