Following Recently-abandoned games Page 237

• bighairybear65 17 Sep 2018 14:17:09 263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @b-rk i... were to start, itís a good game, rather gorgeous, mostly aimed at online races but has single player content too.
    Itís a sim so it handles pretty much like driving and I found it dull.
    I fell asleep whilst playing it the other night.. not a good sign.
    Iíve owned since release but find it a real chore... but! If you like sim racing you canít beat it I guess, I just prefer arcade style gimme Wipeout or Driveclub any day. :/
  • RawShark 17 Sep 2018 14:58:28 496 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm considering abandoning The Witness. I'm still quite early on in the game and I'm not sure if I need to come back to certain areas or if I'm just too stupid to solve the puzzles. It's oblique to the point of frustration. Moreover, while I like a good walking sim here and there, I'm just finding it a bit boring. Felt the same about Dear Esther and Everyone's Gone to the Rapture as well.
  • challenge_hanukkah 17 Sep 2018 14:59:17 9,285 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I thought about abandoning The Witness til I came across The Predator mod.
  • H1ggyLTD 17 Sep 2018 15:05:19 11,236 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RawShark wrote:
    I'm considering abandoning The Witness. I'm still quite early on in the game and I'm not sure if I need to come back to certain areas or if I'm just too stupid to solve the puzzles. It's oblique to the point of frustration. Moreover, while I like a good walking sim here and there, I'm just finding it a bit boring. Felt the same about Dear Esther and Everyone's Gone to the Rapture as well.
    I find that a break from it sees me solve a sticking point on my return.

Though I'm confident that i'm not smart enough to complete it.

Edited by H1ggyLTD at 15:05:27 17-09-2018
  • Bedders Content Editor, Gamer Network 17 Sep 2018 15:14:34 243 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dead Cells. Loved it for the first 20 hours or so but now the upgrade / power curve has flattened and I feel like I'm just grinding through those first 4-5 areas with no meaningful sense of getting anywhere.
  • minky-kong 17 Sep 2018 23:36:12 14,099 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Another joy filled Monday evening for Fuzzy!
  • JamboWayOh 18 Sep 2018 00:22:32 10,769 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    minky-kong wrote:
    Another joy filled Monday evening for Fuzzy!
    Has anyone thought of renaming the thread after Fuzzy?
  • Mola_Ram 18 Sep 2018 00:42:45 19,080 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If every Spider-man encounter has been grindy, repetitive shit, then why didn't you give up before you were 70% done?
  • GuybrushFreepwood 13 Oct 2018 14:40:52 469 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Doom (Switch)

Realised I'm crap at this and I'm not finding it fun. I'm sick of going into a room all the doors closing and demons teleporting in all over the place. To me, its just not fun. I'm left shaking rather than feeling relaxed. Also not keen on the glory kills making you have to go hand to hand all the time. Could use more ammo too.

I've uninstalled it and I'm going to trade it towards Diablo or something I know I can play... Like Lego :)

Shame as I used to love Doom. I guess it and myself have both changed... It's harder and I'm crapper. Needed an idkfa cheat. Graphics were good.
  • H1ggyLTD 13 Oct 2018 14:48:34 11,236 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Doom: You'll feel relaxed
  • Darth_Flibble 13 Oct 2018 15:38:37 3,247 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Heavy rain remastered

They should of improved the controls as they are horrible dumpster fire, they should of changed to the ones in Beyond two souls. Its not fun to play at all. The dodgy voice acting adds to the b movie vibe taking itself too serious but the faces could of been fixed up, especially the soulless monster of the kids.
  • AdzB 13 Oct 2018 16:11:43 46 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mad Max

It looks like itís going to be really repetitive though seeing how you can build up and customise the Magnum Opus is an incentive to keep going. The game looks just too big and repetitive plus the Mrs finds it really boring to watch so abandoned
  • bighairybear65 18 Oct 2018 18:23:40 263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    V Rally 4

Gave up.. in less than a week, the actual gameplay was good fun, the game as a whole is shockingly put together,
    the career mode is a mess and music bloody awful.
    Absolutely no one playing online, shame as it would probably save it...
    More fool me, loved it back in the day.. waste of money, back to Dirt 4 :(
  • ChiefGB 18 Oct 2018 19:32:34 9,916 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AdzB wrote:
    Mad Max

It looks like itís going to be really repetitive though seeing how you can build up and customise the Magnum Opus is an incentive to keep going. The game looks just too big and repetitive plus the Mrs finds it really boring to watch so abandoned
    Mad max was a real guilty pleasure of mine during the year of release (as thatís at least how long it took me to complete) thought it was a fantastic aa game, it just all gelled together but there was certainly too many scrap areas to rinse.
  • Rodney 18 Oct 2018 20:20:17 3,677 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Quantum Break, made it part way into the second chapter. It looked stunning on Xbox X but the game was just boring.

The game leans on its story, and the animation and voice work were very good, but the writing was just a bit shit.

The shooting was mediocre, and after a couple of hours of playing it, thereíd only been about 20 minutes of actual interactive gamplay that wasnít just walking down a corridor.

Also, I wasnt a fan of the game being interrupted with a half hour TV episode. I donít get a lot of time to play games and when I do I want to play a game not watch a TV show. And rather than being supplemental to the main storyline, the storyline doesnít make sense if you skip the TV show bits.

I suppose itís a legacy of Microsoftís misguided and short lived TV TV TV strategy.
  • Doomspoon 18 Oct 2018 23:07:51 2,932 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Annual playing of horror games as it's seasonal has had me abandon Claire: Extended Edition on Xbox One because it's a horrible broken mess. Shame really as I like its 2D Silent Hill leanings.

I've also abandoned Resident Evil 5 on the same platform at chapter 5-2. This is more to do with the fact that earlier in the year I was playing it in online co-op with my girlfriend but she found it gave her motion sickness and got a bit overwhelming for her. I went back to solo play today and found that this late into the game with a lack of pooled resources it was too tough going. I was enjoying it co-op up to a point but save for Revelations 1 and the 7 demo I've really not got on with the series since REmake. I've only ever finished the original trilogy, REmake and Revelations 1.

I am currently playing (solo) and struggling with, but enjoying, Revelations 2 and have 7 ready to play. I was always more of a Silent Hill rather than Resi fan.

I might stall playing the Resi stuff in favour of the likes of Amnesia and some of the horror games I have on Steam for a week as they're possibly more to my liking.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 19 Oct 2018 00:14:11 8,801 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    7 is the best since the REMake so you're in for a treat there.

I'm a big advocate for the Revelations series. Glad to see someone else recognising them as better than their main series contemporaries.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 19 Oct 2018 00:16:40 8,801 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think I've accepted I'm never completing Hotline Miami. I just don't have the reflexes or timing I used to.

It's brilliant and I'm nearly there, I just don't have the character for so many retries of levels I fail.

Plus Pillars of Eternity has consumed all my gaming time.
  • PazJohnMitch 19 Oct 2018 07:16:09 14,064 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:

I'm a big advocate for the Revelations series. Glad to see someone else recognising them as better than their main series contemporaries.
    I have played the 2 Revelations games but have not touched the main series since quitting Resi 5 on the second level.
  • Doomspoon 19 Oct 2018 09:33:22 2,932 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago

Yes, I was somewhat cynical about 7 and didn't get excited when the demo first went up. I then played it a short while back and was taken with it so am quite looking forward to playing the full game.

There are a lot of elements of the Resi series I'm not into that people are big fans of, the dialogue, characterisation, aesthetics etc. Gameplay is my focus here and for me, Revelations delivered on that front.
  • vanDevious 19 Oct 2018 16:29:46 355 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was really enjoying Detroit Become Human, I didn't have time to play it for a couple of weeks, now it's been maybe 5-6 weeks since I last played it and I think I've abandoned it but not sure why...
  • DrStrangelove 19 Oct 2018 17:14:00 13,425 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think I've accepted I'm never completing Hotline Miami. I just don't have the reflexes or timing I used to.
    Yeah, I also stopped playing back then because having to act in the exact millisecond or else you die was too extreme and frustrating
  • THFourteen 19 Oct 2018 17:19:12 50,591 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Might have to put Torchlight 2 down here AGAIN.

I've started this game so many times, its a shame but something always gets in the way, this time its FIFA and Destiny 2.

Got further than i've ever been before at least, midway through Act 3.
  • ZuluHero 19 Oct 2018 17:40:34 6,927 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    vanDevious wrote:
    I was really enjoying Detroit Become Human, I didn't have time to play it for a couple of weeks, now it's been maybe 5-6 weeks since I last played it and I think I've abandoned it but not sure why...
    This happens to me all the time. If I lose momentum it's very had for me to go back. I've missed one night of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and already I can feel a bit of apathy creeping in. Must. Keep. Playing! :)
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Oct 2018 18:51:42 23,938 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    vanDevious wrote:
    This happens to me all the time. If I lose momentum it's very had for me to go back. I've missed one night of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and already I can feel a bit of apathy creeping in. Must. Keep. Playing! :)
    Strange you say that I have also not play Odyssey for 2 nights and feel no great desire to play it tonight. I think mine is all tied up in just wanting to play RDR2.

As for Detroit, I loved it and it had a good pay off.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.