Following Recently-abandoned games Page 252

Next Last
  • The_Goon 10 Oct 2019 13:17:15 1,396 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    The Last Guardian

Bags of atmosphere and charm with stunning animation but gives me horrific motion sickness so sadly must be binned :(
    You haven't missed much. I just endured to the end because I thought I should and I probably should have just binned it. Agree with Roguey - most overrated game this gen.
  • minky-kong 10 Oct 2019 14:42:30 14,398 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The_Goon wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    The Last Guardian

Bags of atmosphere and charm with stunning animation but gives me horrific motion sickness so sadly must be binned :(
    You haven't missed much. I just endured to the end because I thought I should and I probably should have just binned it. Agree with Roguey - most overrated game this gen.
    I've played worse games this gen, but the controls are a bag of dicks which made the whole thing frustrating.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 10 Oct 2019 15:08:04 21,091 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I really enjoyed it. But then I'm not a soulless monster.
  • minky-kong 10 Oct 2019 15:14:09 14,398 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Be honest, it's because you're obsessed with defecating and there's a trophy for seeing Trico take a dump, isn't it?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 10 Oct 2019 15:16:52 21,091 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I was sold once I saw they'd accurately modelled his giant anus.
  • JamboWayOh 10 Oct 2019 15:32:22 15,074 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fuck off Dave
  • Tomo 10 Oct 2019 16:26:25 16,778 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    I really enjoyed it. But then I'm not a soulless monster.
    This.

Between this and Angry Goose, I'm beginning to think Roguey is dead inside :(

But please keep giving me free keys thx
  • MrAGSystems 10 Oct 2019 17:58:50 102 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    Is Angry Goose a prequel to Angry Birds or summat?
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 10 Oct 2019 18:47:31 6,533 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Tomo Eh... I get the joke, but in all honesty the reasons I'm cool on both games are pretty different. Also, I'd put Arsehole Goose in the category of "disappointment", which is a long way up the spectrum from The Last Guardian as it ranks in as "shit".

Arsehole Goose is a lovely idea. When the game actually works, it is charming and hilarious. The problem is that those moments are too few and far between. Between them, there's a lot of faffing around with the pixel-perfect precision sometimes needed to grab stuff, plus wrestling with really irritating controls. I stand by my view that it's a better game to watch than it is to play.

Last Guardian, on the other hand, is just a bad idea badly executed. I know it has pedigree and it gets a lot of leeway based on that. But it's no Shadow of the Colossus. There's no clever commentary on the nature of gaming and no thematic depth. It's just "dawww, cute boy and cute animal" cheap emotional manipulation. The gaming equivalent of those mail-order animal figurines that everybody has some weird aunt obsessed with collecting. The fact that the controls are crap, the camera awful and the gameplay frustrating and dull (trying to stand on the exact right pixel to make the stupid fucking creature perform the action it blatantly needs to) just adds insult to injury.

Arsehole Goose makes me a bit sad (though I'd still rate it a 6/10, so more good than bad), while Last Guardian makes me outright cross.
  • its-H1ggyLTD 11 Oct 2019 07:49:08 215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Observer
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.