Recently-abandoned games Page 273

Next Last
  • Humperfunk 25 Mar 2020 20:12:42 8,057 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm on the brink of abandoning Jedi Fallen Order. I have completed the story and hated it, so more fool me for going after the Platinum trophy.

I have managed to get deep into the post game without realising that the game doesn't have an auto save. Almost got the final collectable on the biggest planet, which took me about six hours. I'm talking literally walking to the last collectable that is on my screen...and the game crashes. Last save was two and a half hours ago, turns out you have to use the meditate spots for the game to auto save, because I hadnt been hit by an enemy in two and a half hours, I had no need to use one.

The whole game has been an absolute chore to play, as I say more fool me for going for a meaningless trophy. I wouldn't have if we weren't in quarantine and I thought I had time to suck it up.

Probably the worst game I've played since Assassin's Creed III, fuck me that was shite!
  • MrAGSystems 25 Mar 2020 21:16:04 582 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @Humperfunk I finished it the other week myself and found navigation to be a headache in particular. And the slide mechanic was completely overused!

I kinda thought about the Platinum as well but after a bit of post-story noodling about I binned it.

Enjoyed my time with it for the most part but will absolutely never look at it again.
  • docrob 26 Mar 2020 11:15:26 1,432 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Picked up Fallen Order last week when it was reduced on Steam. So far Iím unconvinced, but Iíll push on for a bit anyway.
  • docrob 26 Mar 2020 11:15:27 1,432 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Picked up Fallen Order last week when it was reduced on Steam. So far Iím unconvinced, but Iíll push on for a bit anyway.
  • docrob 26 Mar 2020 11:18:19 1,432 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    monsieur-Cosmo wrote:
    The Council (PC).
    Never heard of this game before. The interwebs said it was free on Steam. Steam said it was an RPG(?). Installed it. Watched some butt-ugly faces talk... especially that creepy-ass mother scared the hell out of me. Endured some slow and dull gameplay. Uninstalled.
    I played through it a few months ago. Actually rather enjoyed it, though it is a walking simulator at heart.
  • docrob 26 Mar 2020 11:18:19 1,432 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted
  • PazJohnMitch 26 Mar 2020 11:25:33 15,384 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I thought Fallen Order was good but the criticism about the saving above is very valid. I fortunately did realise that the game had not saved for over an hour and meditated purely to save when I was doing end game mop up. (This is not an issue earlier as you will pretty much always meditate when you can the first time through).

I am a big fan of Metrovania structured games: Where you get powers or items that allow you to reach new places. Fallen Order is a good example of this design but has a few late game issues.
  • Humperfunk 26 Mar 2020 17:49:20 8,057 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @MrAGSystems yeah absolutely, think I was being a bit harsh on it last night. Anyway, I'm a twat and I went back and just got the Platinum now, felt like I deserved it after all the glitches and crashes etc. Once I'd finished Zeffo, the last couple of planets were fine!
  • MrAGSystems 26 Mar 2020 23:55:19 582 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @Humperfunk Ha, that feeling of begrudgingly going back and platinuming a game 😆

I got stuck in Zefo one too many times, so I yoinked the disc out of the drive and flogged it before I got peed off playing it any more.

You're a more patient man than I am.
  • RGeefe 27 Mar 2020 08:14:23 596 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I finally give Red Dead Online a go and enjoy it for a few days.
    Then the world goes wrong and everyone joins it.
    Haven't lasted more than 2 seconds before getting booted off servers.

I give up.
  • MrAGSystems 27 Mar 2020 09:50:28 582 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I just cannot fathom the appeal of GTA/RDR Online.
  • creepiest-lizard 27 Mar 2020 11:08:53 1,123 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I can't fathom the appeal of any game online.
  • monsieur-Cosmo 27 Mar 2020 11:59:19 560 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's harsh, but I more or less agree. Hearthstone was fun online though... for a while.
  • MrAGSystems 27 Mar 2020 16:10:42 582 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I'm still playing Tekken 7 online and Titanfall 2 is great.
  • docrob 29 Mar 2020 11:55:31 1,432 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    monsieur-Cosmo wrote:
    That's harsh, but I more or less agree. Hearthstone was fun online though... for a while.
    Yeah, right up to the point when it became obvious that you had to keep putting in money. No thanks.

Shame as I enjoyed the dungeons.
  • Cadence 29 Mar 2020 12:21:12 2,394 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    MrAGSystems wrote:
    I'm still playing Tekken 7 online and Titanfall 2 is great.
    Is there still a fairly active playerbase for TF2? Might pick it up.
  • MrAGSystems 29 Mar 2020 12:41:07 582 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @Cadence I haven't been on in a month or so, but it was about 10,000 or so every day on PS4, never had trouble getting games (it being free on PS Plus for December kickstarted a bit of a revival).

4,977 online right now.
  • Malek86 1 Apr 2020 11:07:00 9,713 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Deep Fear.

It's a Resident Evil clone at a glance, Sega's own answer for the Saturn. When you actually get to play it, there are some noticeable differences. You can refill your ammo in storage rooms, so it's effectively infinite. But that means the game throws more enemies at you, they are very hard to dodge, and they take more damage.

The first boss fight takes place in a very small room, there's almost no room for maneuvering so you'll take damage all the time, and your weapons have no stopping power whatsoever. I made it somehow, but then you are thrown into an timed escape sequence where you can't save the game. An enemy killed me, and that sent me back to the save before the boss.

I just don't have the patience for this kind of stuff anymore.
  • DUFFMAN5 1 Apr 2020 11:18:14 25,419 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    A couple that while not abandoning better up their game pdq!

Shadow of war is on shaky ground. I really enjoyed the first one but so far and bare in mind I'm only around 2-3 hours in this hasn't hooked me. I'm confused on all the various upgrades and menus! (I'm getting on don't forget) I'm only near the beginning and already have identified several orcs who want me dead, I'm lvl 3 they are 7-14. I have defeated a couple.

It seems more of a button basher than the first ? I get discovered in a camp and all he'll breaks lose. Seems like 50+ orcs decend on my directly.

I will give it some more time, I did watch "10 tips for starting" so maybe that will help.

Kingdom Come: D
    The lack of auto save and some of the decisions Warhorse have made for "authenticity" make the game more of a chore than it needs to be. It does have a lot going for it, so maybe I will keep going .

The above 2 games cost me nowt/£1 as they are both on the glorious Gamepass.
  • Malek86 1 Apr 2020 11:29:07 9,713 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 Shadow of War is definitely less button bashy than the original. You have more options for dispatching captains, but you will need to keep stealthy, because the direct approach is not as viable this time.

I suggest running a couple story missions first, since you'll get some upgrades that will let you run around faster and fight better.
  • DUFFMAN5 1 Apr 2020 11:30:31 25,419 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Malek86
    👍
  • ChiefGB 1 Apr 2020 15:07:01 12,038 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought shadow of war was uninspiring and bland, but then I wasnít as blown away with the first game or the nemesis mechanic as most others were.
    Itís alright but just doesnít grab the attention, just seemed repetitive from the very outset.

Kingdom come I did spend several hours with a month or so ago but it does require a patient and forgiving mindset. Itís also a rather low key hero approach so itís a smaller story in a classic fantasy world, which means little going on to sweep you up in, itís about the smaller things and a true rpg really in many senses.
  • EMarkM 1 Apr 2020 15:33:15 4,722 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah, bollocks to it. Might as well declare The Witcher 3 formally abandoned.

It should be my sort of game; my favourite genre is medieval/fantasy western RPGs but the story and characters are not gripping me at all. Just got to Skellige, only to be confronted with yet another ďget changed into one of these outfitsĒ tasks and I just cannot be arsed anymore.

I want The Elder Scrolls VI.

Sniff.

:(
  • JamboWayOh 1 Apr 2020 15:35:28 17,782 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ban pls.
  • EMarkM 1 Apr 2020 15:37:10 4,722 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    :D
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.