Recently-abandoned games Page 300

Next Last
  • spookyxelectric 25 Oct 2020 15:37:02 236 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I was never a fan of the first Crysis, personally, not even on PC.

I'd love a Remaster of 2 and 3, though.
  • JamboWayOh 25 Oct 2020 15:40:34 21,498 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I loved the original Crysis but I did hear they really fucked up the remaster, like basing it off the xbox and ps3 version??? Wtf that was about?
  • Graxlar_v3 25 Oct 2020 15:48:27 10,654 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I am close to dropping Divinity: original sin 2. I am on the second area and the story has just died a death. I was meant to find someone (I think I found them and the run off) now I am left fo explore the area where everything outlevels me and I am just dying a lot
  • Frogofdoom 25 Oct 2020 15:52:59 17,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Have you considered looking at a guide Grax, you shouldn't be outlevelled and you may be missing something.
  • Graxlar_v3 25 Oct 2020 15:59:42 10,654 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Have you considered looking at a guide Grax, you shouldn't be outlevelled and you may be missing something.
    I am lvl 9, went into driftwood, a guy is in the water looking fr his ring. 6 lvl 9 voidwoken and 1 lvl 10 voidwoken appear and fuck up my party. I go to a graveyard a dog starts talking to me then spawns a lvl 11 troll and lvl 11 skeletons and they fuck up my party. I havenít checked any guides yet but it just gets so frustrating where everything is a slog to get through.
  • Frogofdoom 25 Oct 2020 19:21:21 17,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its all a bit hazy for me at the moment as I played at launch. Might be worth bumping the thread for the game and someone who has played more recently than me might be of more help.
  • PazJohnMitch 26 Oct 2020 12:04:01 16,303 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It was very difficult to find level appropriate quests. They exist but the path through the game is not exactly logical.
  • Mola_Ram 27 Oct 2020 01:10:50 24,819 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The level map for each act has been linked to multiple times in the thread for the game. There's at least two areas in Act 2 that are suitable for level 9, so go do them.

If you're still having trouble, respec your characters for free back at the ship, or upgrade your equipment. If you don't have the money to upgrade your equipment, hire a merc, respec them to maximise their stealing ability, and steal from people. You can even steal from shopkeepers and sell their stuff back to them.

If you're still having trouble after that... lower the difficulty? Look at some build guides? Or play something else? It really doesn't sound like you're enjoying the game Grax, life is too short to spend hours on something you hate, in the hopes that you'll eventually like it.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 01:45:13 27-10-2020
  • FoxMoody 27 Oct 2020 08:58:12 131 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:

If you're still having trouble after that... lower the difficulty?
    Problem with lowering the difficulty in Divinity Original Sin 2 is that it then becomes too easy.
    Did that on a boss fight I was stuck on and as then proceeded to stomp the boss way too easily eliminating any challenge.
  • Mola_Ram 27 Oct 2020 11:45:08 24,819 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well sure, it's not something I ever remember doing. But if you're constantly getting stomped by things no matter what you do, lowering it might give you the breathing room to figure out how you're actually supposed to play the game.

I mean, I got frustrated at plenty of points in the game (see the DOS2 thread for an example :p), but it never felt hopeless. It was just a matter of me buying better gear, getting tricksy with teleportation, etc etc.

But if you do feel hopeless, then something needs to change. That's not a good feeling.
  • docrob 27 Oct 2020 12:52:39 1,671 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    D:oS2 is quite bad for difficulty spikes. The trouble is that itís basically designed so that even if youíre 1 level lower than the opposition, they will rip you to pieces, sometimes in the first round of combat. I had several fights which seemed completely impossible, and yet were actually quite manageable when I approached them at the right level. There were also a couple which needed very specific tactics.

Because you have no chance against a higher level enemy, you need to tackle the areas in each level in a fairly specific order. Guides to this can be found fairly easily online. TBH this is one of the gameís major flaws (the other ones, IMHO, are the nightmare inventory system that they barely improved from the first game, and the fact that the battlefields can get so busy and crowded that you canít figure out what the hell is going on).
  • DrStrangelove 28 Oct 2020 19:53:27 15,303 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tron 2.0 (2003)

Decided to give this another go after watching a Tron retrospective on Youtube. It gets 10/10 for style and it has some really good ideas, and when it works it's also fun to play.

However it keeps shooting itself in the foot, balance is a problem as is getting stuck many times without any hint of what to do whatsoever. Even worse are terrible platforming sections, as this game has one of the most awkward jumping physics I can recall (I seem to recall that Blood 2's were also direful? That ran on an earlier version of the same engine). I've said it a thousand times but game developers just won't listen: if your game is shit at platforming, don't include platforming sections.

About halfway through the game, the novelty kinda wore off and the style didn't make up for the frustrating parts anymore. In later levels, I'm getting weird performance drops below 10fps in fights, which makes it pretty much unplayable. And actually I'm not interested in figuring that out anymore, I guess I'll just leave it there.
  • DUFFMAN5 28 Oct 2020 20:53:08 26,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @DrStrangelove
    Spot on mate, I could have wrote that! Likewise I left as well.
  • QBX 31 Oct 2020 12:01:22 199 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Human Fall Flat

Not a fan of 'novelty' type games but thought I'd give it a go as there was some fun to be had using the shitty physics to reach the end of a level. On second look it's just a game with shitty physics that I don't have the patience for. Might be more fun with other people.

What Remains of Edith Finch

Heard good things but had just completed Tacoma and wasn't feeling it. Lovely presentation though.
  • TechnoHippy 31 Oct 2020 17:39:53 18,009 posts
    Seen 28 seconds ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Doom 64

Looks like I won't be seeing the end of this - the Mother of all Demons is proving to much for me. It's a bit of an odd version of Doom - the combat is mostly fine, but the level design is a bit too finnicky for my taste.
  • Steifybobbins 2 Nov 2020 22:03:58 726 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    QBX wrote:
    Human Fall Flat

Not a fan of 'novelty' type games but thought I'd give it a go as there was some fun to be had using the shitty physics to reach the end of a level. On second look it's just a game with shitty physics that I don't have the patience for. Might be more fun with other people.

Heard good things but had just completed Tacoma and wasn't feeling it. Lovely presentation though.

Edith finch is 2 hours long you might as well see it through
  • Malek86 2 Nov 2020 22:09:47 11,181 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Edith Finch is great, you just have to get past the initial 15 minutes where it looks like a standard walking simulator.
  • Deleted user 2 November 2020 22:11:09
    Steifybobbins wrote:
    QBX wrote:
    Human Fall Flat

Edith finch is 2 hours long you might as well see it through
    Yeah it's great too.

I think you have to be in the mood for it but I loved it.
  • Switch-v85 2 Nov 2020 22:39:47 4,203 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Didnít do it for me, played a good hour and found it quite dull. Some nice ideas though, could see why other people enjoyed it.
  • FoxMoody 3 Nov 2020 08:35:10 131 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Seens Hades is gathering dust and might get abandoned since I've found game that will taste my nerves and lack of patience even more.
    Sekiro.
  • Rodney 3 Nov 2020 12:20:29 4,736 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Doom Eternal. I liked Doom 2016 but the newer one was too much for me. It was so fast it was impossible to aim for the weak points so I kept running out of ammo against bullet sponge enemies. Found it more frustrating than fun

Rogue Squadron. I kept losing during multiplayer, and thought maybe it was just because I was shit but it increasingly felt unfair and frustrating. There were occasions when I would deplete all my energy firing directly at a stationary tie fighter and still wouldn't kill them, whereas I (with a shielded X-Wing) would die from a few shots. Worse when watching the kill cam, many of the enemy shots were nowhere near me so the hit detection seemed a bit off. I have since read that other players (particularly in Australia) have made similar
    complaints and it seems some regions without local servers are at a disadvantage. Not sure if this is true. I might just be bad at playing it.

Either way I wasnt enjoying it and was getting frustrated .

Edited by Rodney at 12:23:49 03-11-2020
  • Darth_Flibble 7 Nov 2020 12:55:23 4,596 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Children of Morta

I do like the game but the end boss is fucking bullshit even with archer character at level 24. You get 3 random power ups (had 2 that were useless) and the end boss can do some much damage. (its lazy game design) Going to leave for a bit (also it may leave gamepass in dec)
  • dfunked09 7 Nov 2020 13:21:29 892 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Watch Dogs Legion

Loved the city, but after I'd had my fill of exploring and started focussing on the game proper it just didn't click at all. Might come back to it next year or to test out a new GPU, but it just feels like too much of a committment with everything else that's about to come out.
  • TechnoHippy 15 Nov 2020 13:25:15 18,009 posts
    Seen 28 seconds ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Jedi Fallen Order

I wanted to like this, but I'm glad that I waited for it on Game Pass. There's just too many niggles sucking the little joy out of it. Clumsy movement with poor combat (that part is probably my rubbishness), with world's that work more like platforming than genuine alien worlds.

I do like the little robot though, he's much better than the gormless protagonist.
  • Gunzberg 15 Nov 2020 22:52:37 2,827 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Jedi Fallen Order

I wanted to like this, but I'm glad that I waited for it on Game Pass. There's just too many niggles sucking the little joy out of it. Clumsy movement with poor combat (that part is probably my rubbishness), with world's that work more like platforming than genuine alien worlds.

I do like the little robot though, he's much better than the gormless protagonist.
    I've just completed it. Some of the platforming requires hairtight preciseness vs 95% is easy as pie. The robot is great but somehow the story and characters left me cold. The biggest impact it had was getting me to sign up to Disney+ to finally start watching the new trilogy.

It's technically a good game but it's so....forgettable?
  • TechnoHippy 16 Nov 2020 08:02:09 18,009 posts
    Seen 28 seconds ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Adding Dark Souls III - to be fair I didn't expect to like it. I'm not a fan of boss battles, hard games, I'm no good at combat that needs finesse, or dying over and over again to figure out what to do next. However as the series is quite popular I wanted to give it a try.

It does ooze quality, but also suffers from an unnecessarily complicated control scheme - even jumping was a clumsy operation. It does look lovely and has some great atmosphere, but much too frustrating experience for me.
  • andytheadequate 16 Nov 2020 10:36:05 9,413 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Adding Dark Souls III - to be fair I didn't expect to like it. I'm not a fan of boss battles, hard games, I'm no good at combat that needs finesse, or dying over and over again to figure out what to do next. However as the series is quite popular I wanted to give it a try.

It does ooze quality, but also suffers from an unnecessarily complicated control scheme - even jumping was a clumsy operation. It does look lovely and has some great atmosphere, but much too frustrating experience for me.
    The jumping is fiddling, but I'd say the controls were fairly simple otherwise. I was exactly the same as you with DS1 but ended up loving it after playing in co op. It's not possible to play the full game co op, and it does lead to invasions, but it made the game a lot more fun when there was two of us.
  • Darth_Flibble 17 Nov 2020 19:45:38 4,596 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Mafia 2 DLC content

Really low quality stuff, started Joe's adventure and its starts off ok with mission that fits into the main story but after that its a lot of shitty timed missions where you get graphic of the mission giver and some text about steal this car, shoot some random guy etc real lazy filler shit. The actual real missions is about 2 or 3 in total but you have to do all the cack to get there

The other 2 are not any better

3/10
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.