Next Last
  • the-cozen-show 4 Nov 2018 20:38:53 425 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    snail mail. like 3/10?
  • Chug666 14 Nov 2018 00:11:36 514 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just back from Blackberry Smoke, a fine evening of Country Rock and a few beers made for a very enjoyable Tuesday. And they made Southampton Guildhall sound not shit, which is a minor miracle.

9/10, easy.
  • Vortex808 14 Nov 2018 10:05:10 12,942 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Which reminds me, I saw the Sleaford Mods last month.
    Really enjoyed it, despite my fears of getting ranted at for an hour or two wearing thin. New stuff mixed up with old stuff in a way which meant there was enough songs with a groove between the more abrasive rant-y stuff.

Enjoyably shouty/10
  • jimnastics 14 Nov 2018 10:22:20 1,493 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    At the weekend I went with the oldies to see Miller Anderson (and band) at Hurtwood polo club in Surrey. Miller Anderson was singer and guitarist in the Keef Hartley Band who played at Woodstock '69. He must be one of the last living Brits to have played at Woodstock along with Daltrey and Townshend. It was good stuff, not a lot of people there (around 30 I reckon), very civil (everyone sat at tables) but some seriously good blues going on. Venue was stunning, a converted barn in the polo club grounds.

A surreal twist to the evening was that the polo club is owned by Kenney Jones, drummer in The Faces, Small Faces and The Who (after Moon died). He spent much of the evening chilling behind the bar!
  • robthehermit 11 Dec 2018 09:11:59 7,088 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Madness 8/10

supported by

The Fratellis 6/10

Madness played all the old favourites which of course are just as good as they ever were. They chucked in a couple of new songs which fell mostly flat but on the whole it was a great show.

No one was there to see the Fratellis and I only knew 2 of the songs, was ok if entirely forgetable.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.