Rate the last gig you went to see out of 10! Page 33

Next Last
  • Deleted user 4 November 2018 20:38:53
    snail mail. like 3/10?
  • Chug666 14 Nov 2018 00:11:36 571 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just back from Blackberry Smoke, a fine evening of Country Rock and a few beers made for a very enjoyable Tuesday. And they made Southampton Guildhall sound not shit, which is a minor miracle.

9/10, easy.
  • Vortex808 14 Nov 2018 10:05:10 13,181 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Which reminds me, I saw the Sleaford Mods last month.
    Really enjoyed it, despite my fears of getting ranted at for an hour or two wearing thin. New stuff mixed up with old stuff in a way which meant there was enough songs with a groove between the more abrasive rant-y stuff.

Enjoyably shouty/10
  • jimnastics 14 Nov 2018 10:22:20 1,602 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    At the weekend I went with the oldies to see Miller Anderson (and band) at Hurtwood polo club in Surrey. Miller Anderson was singer and guitarist in the Keef Hartley Band who played at Woodstock '69. He must be one of the last living Brits to have played at Woodstock along with Daltrey and Townshend. It was good stuff, not a lot of people there (around 30 I reckon), very civil (everyone sat at tables) but some seriously good blues going on. Venue was stunning, a converted barn in the polo club grounds.

A surreal twist to the evening was that the polo club is owned by Kenney Jones, drummer in The Faces, Small Faces and The Who (after Moon died). He spent much of the evening chilling behind the bar!
  • robthehermit 11 Dec 2018 09:11:59 7,295 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Madness 8/10

supported by

The Fratellis 6/10

Madness played all the old favourites which of course are just as good as they ever were. They chucked in a couple of new songs which fell mostly flat but on the whole it was a great show.

No one was there to see the Fratellis and I only knew 2 of the songs, was ok if entirely forgetable.
  • Jono62 25 Mar 2019 09:51:59 22,203 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Went to two fairly recently

French Kiwi Juice (FKJ) - 10/10

Great set and a very talented musician. He can play guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, saxophone and seeing him switch between them was impressive.

Childish Gambino - 9/10

Saw him last night at the o2 arena.Good set. He has got good range and has a bit of Outkast vibe to him. It was interesting hearing everyone sing n**ger like it is a normal word. Two annoyances were this woman who had to take selfies at every opportunity blinding everyone and a pint costing £7.

Edited by Jono62 at 09:52:26 25-03-2019
  • richardiox 25 Mar 2019 10:37:58 7,696 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    As a side note, I think it's amusing that most of the live music venues are sponsored by banks or telecoms giants. Nothing says rock n roll quite like the marketing divisions of giant multinational corps.
  • Buffalo_Bertie 25 Mar 2019 13:41:36 32 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Saw Brother Ali in the Jazz cafe last Tuesday. Great to hear him do "Shadows on the Sun" in its entirety, along with a few other hits.

Makes me feel slightly old, but the crowd was pretty pleasant!

8/10
  • Vortex808 20 Apr 2019 09:39:48 13,181 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Went to see C Duncan last night after a friend had suggested it.

It was a really good gig, very tight band and thoroughly enjoyed it, despite knowing nowt about them. Fairly downtempo, relaxed stuff, but still the best gig I've been to in ages tbh. Sadly, only about 100 folk turned up. I guess holiday weekends & other gigs in town didn't help, which was a real shame.

Recommended if they're round your way.
  • Saul_Iscariot 22 Apr 2019 00:42:13 3,104 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Went to see Sleeper a few weeks back. I say see, obviously as my eyes have both haemorrhaged recently, I couldnít see more than shapes. But they were bloody great. Really got the crowd going. 9/10.

And I only went as they are one of the few Brit Pop bands I hadnít seen live. Up there with Suede as a live act. Far, far better than dull to watch bands like Oasis or the Stereophonics.
  • Alastair 9 Jun 2019 00:41:43 23,556 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Just back from Tame Impala at the O2.
    Love, love, loved it!
    We had decent seats, side of the stage and up a bit.
    The acoustics seemed to be really good so the music sounded clear and completely distortion free. Trippy-tastic light and laser show.
    They did a couple of new tunes. Set was 90 min, which felt a little short but probably about right for their quantity of material.
    My only slight negative was that Less I Know The Better, which is my favourite song came midway through the set - is been hoping/expecting it to be the finale.

9/10 will go again when new album released
  • Vortex808 9 Jun 2019 11:04:52 13,181 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Speaking of animal derived names, saw the Foals a few weeks back. Took my lad too after he had half - inched all my cds of theirs.

We both enjoyed it a lot. Glad he's feeling the buzz of live music. 😃
  • Saul_Iscariot 9 Jun 2019 11:15:14 3,104 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Manic Street Preachers - This is my truth 20th Anniversary tour.

I love the Manics, seen them so many times. This is an album I love, with a greatest hits set at the end.

They play the album in full, though out of order and with one track dropped and another track thrown in. Still enjoyed it, but there are a couple of quieter tracks where pig ignorant fucks decided to talk through it. Still a better deal than other gigs where there were reports of fighting, women being sexually assaulted and some prick telling James Dean Bradfield to get over Richeyís disappearance/death.

The greatest hits set included some rarely played tracks which made for a very nice change. Just a shame in Manchester we didnít get an obligatory cover version thrown in the set. The last few nights of the tour included a rendition of Sweet Child of Mine. Iíd love to hear their take on it. Still canít be helped. Hopefully I will hear it on the next time I see them.

9/10
  • Zomoniac 9 Jun 2019 12:05:13 10,019 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Saw Spice Girls at the Etihad last week. Most of the songs, even the hits, are a bit pants really (though Who Do You Think You Are is a great track), but it was an excellent performance and good fun.

8/10
  • mangojoe 9 Jun 2019 12:30:32 2,305 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mark Knopfler- O2

The session musicians were all superb. Apparently between 9 of them they could play 46 different instruments. Did a few dire straights classics also and hes a great guitarist.

9/10
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.