**Offical** Burger appreciation thread Page 111

    Next Last
  • smoothpete 29 Dec 2019 18:06:19 36,751 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I had a Bleeker AND a black bear today. Black bear wins IMHO but itís close

    I also ate 2 bao buns and 8 nugget fillets. I feel very unwell.
  • monkehhh 29 Dec 2019 18:20:19 5,229 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I could murder a burger.. might have to see if the wife fancies a trip to Meat Liquor tomorrow for a Black Palace and some chilli cheese fries.
  • cowell 22 May 2020 18:14:47 2,150 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just destroyed a filthy Five Guys. I know itís salty greasy expensive nonsense but it had to happen. Those Cajun fries too.
  • wobbly_Bob 24 May 2020 16:34:29 5,157 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    Holy hell burger bros. Just had a double from Black Bear Burger at shoreditch boxpark. I would say thatís probably the best burger Iíve ever had.
    Menu reads very nicely.

    What happened to the other Bob? Burgers finish him off finally?
    I am alive \o/ rumours of my death were greatly exaggerated. Not gaming any more. I spend my days cooking and blogging. Mostly Thai food but not too many burgers but I did make a couple last week :-)

    EDIT: Have a look at my Instagram food if you like to see what I've been cooking. bob's food porn

    Edited by wobbly_Bob at 16:35:13 24-05-2020

    Edited by wobbly_Bob at 16:37:43 24-05-2020
  • challenge_hanukkah 24 May 2020 16:36:31 12,611 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You can still post here Bob, none of us game either.
  • wobbly_Bob 24 May 2020 16:39:16 5,157 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    You can still post here Bob, none of us game either.
    :D

    I do miss the old place!
  • Syrette 24 May 2020 18:01:44 50,545 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Yeah, post more in here, not all of us have an Instagram account!

    :)
  • HarryB 24 May 2020 18:35:09 7,601 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Had a hangover. Realised Deliveroo changed their delivery area so just had a really guilty Five Guys Burger delivery. But it was essential.
  • Frogofdoom 24 May 2020 18:37:19 16,215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just made these, they were bloody good

    https://bbqpitboys.com/peppered-pork-bacon-butter-burger/

    Good to see you bob!

    Edited by Frogofdoom at 18:38:39 24-05-2020
  • THFourteen 24 May 2020 19:25:00 53,476 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Frogofdoom

    OMG that website is insane

    https://bbqpitboys.com/jalapeno-popper-burger/
  • fontgeeksogood 24 May 2020 19:27:48 9,452 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    BBQ Pit Boys put cigar ash in their sauce once, which kinda ruined the long troll for me
  • Frogofdoom 24 May 2020 19:42:51 16,215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They have their youtube channel as well th14. Some pretty good stuff on there.

    Not sure I would be putting cigar ash in my bbq sauce though.
  • JoeBlade 24 May 2020 19:44:54 4,882 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Well, it's one way to create a smoky flavour I guess.
  • Rum_Monkey 24 May 2020 22:59:52 607 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    @Frogofdoom

    OMG that website is insane

    https://bbqpitboys.com/jalapeno-popper-burger/
    That is actual food porn, I need to eat that now.
  • Tonka 25 May 2020 08:37:20 30,589 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Wow! First I thought it was just a very thick beef patty (which I don't like).
  • smoothpete 25 May 2020 09:26:29 36,751 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Um sorry but that looks like shit. I guess it must taste good but even the when they cut through the finished article I don't think it looks appetising.
  • freddymercurystwin 25 May 2020 09:53:07 2,052 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It actually looks like a massive shit in a bun and whoever pooped it out was unable to digest their veg. Perhaps that was the look they were going for.

    Edited by freddymercurystwin at 09:54:33 25-05-2020
  • wobbly_Bob 25 May 2020 13:08:05 5,157 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Yeah, post more in here, not all of us have an Instagram account!

    :)
    :D
  • wobbly_Bob 25 May 2020 13:10:07 5,157 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Just made these, they were bloody good

    https://bbqpitboys.com/peppered-pork-bacon-butter-burger/

    Good to see you bob!
    Cheers! Those burger sound amazing! Would love a good burger right now...
  • nickthegun 25 May 2020 13:13:43 81,290 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Wow! First I thought it was just a very thick beef patty (which I don't like).
    Top burger tip: invest in a thick, robust burger spatula. It's been a game changer for me. You can smash the shit out of the burger without worrying about breaking it and fully maximise the charred outside (aka the actual flavour).

    It's the first thing I thought about that burger, too. I would have two smashed burgers in there rather than that big boy.
  • Dirtbox 25 May 2020 13:19:04 91,335 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    If you lot haven't tried it, I recommend knocking yourself up a 'chopped cheese'. It's extremely lo-fi and doesn't have a great deal to do with actual cheese, but it's a great burgeresque sandwich. I think the hero bun is the only thing you might have trouble finding, but you can squish a burger bun and it'll do the same thing.

    And the flavour isn't from the char, it's from the fat. Get some 70% mince and make your own patties, That's the real game changer.

    Edited by Dirtbox at 13:20:47 25-05-2020
  • nickthegun 25 May 2020 13:28:09 81,290 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Weirdly, it's allowed to be both but maximising the surface area allows for actual science to happen where the sugars in the meat caramelise in the crust and give it a boost, so you want as much of that as possible.

    You're welcome.
  • fontgeeksogood 25 May 2020 13:33:08 9,452 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Two big spatulas are even more pimp your burger, for ultimate smash burgers.

    Don't make us go mallaird reaction on you Deebs
  • nickthegun 25 May 2020 13:37:42 81,290 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    https://mobile.twitter.com/firstwefeast/status/1012410306318876672?lang=en
  • mrpon 25 May 2020 13:44:06 36,117 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Don't be a dick and use a slotted spatula, who'd do that?! :redface:

    Playdoh memories.
  • Razz 25 May 2020 13:45:17 686 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    If you lot haven't tried it, I recommend knocking yourself up a 'chopped cheese'. It's extremely lo-fi and doesn't have a great deal to do with actual cheese, but it's a great burgeresque sandwich. I think the hero bun is the only thing you might have trouble finding, but you can squish a burger bun and it'll do the same thing.

    And the flavour isn't from the char, it's from the fat. Get some 70% mince and make your own patties, That's the real game changer.
    they're ok, but honestly I've always seen them as a poor man's philly cheese steak
  • Nexus_6 25 May 2020 13:47:15 4,856 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    freddymercurystwin wrote:
    It actually looks like a massive shit in a bun and whoever pooped it out was unable to digest their veg. Perhaps that was the look they were going for.
    Like most american food then
  • Dirtbox 25 May 2020 18:04:34 91,335 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    If you lot haven't tried it, I recommend knocking yourself up a 'chopped cheese'. It's extremely lo-fi and doesn't have a great deal to do with actual cheese, but it's a great burgeresque sandwich. I think the hero bun is the only thing you might have trouble finding, but you can squish a burger bun and it'll do the same thing.

    And the flavour isn't from the char, it's from the fat. Get some 70% mince and make your own patties, That's the real game changer.
    they're ok, but honestly I've always seen them as a poor man's philly cheese steak
    Funny, as a philly cheesesteak is the poor mans idea of food. They're fucking vile. What is that M.E.A.T. cardboard meant to be anyway?

    You can get full on gourmet versions of a chopped cheese, no such thing for a 'cheese steak' though.

    Edited by Dirtbox at 18:08:39 25-05-2020
  • TechnoHippy 25 May 2020 18:42:49 16,961 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Shredded steak with creamy stilton sauce.
  • Next Last
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.