HIGNFY - Angus

• Daryoon 1 Nov 2002 22:28:21 5,912 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Sadly it looked like the good ol' BBC cut out most of the stuff relating to his 'departure' as well as all but one joke about John Leslie. I wish they'd release uncut versions...

Ann Robinson's doing it next week, sadly.
  • Whizzo 1 Nov 2002 22:42:00 44,805 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    There's only so much they could show I suppose and it could have got a bit tedious refering to Angus too much. John Leslie being mentioned at all was quite a feat for a BBC show, the Beeb will not mention his name at all in relation to recent allegations.
  • Daryoon 1 Nov 2002 22:49:31 5,912 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    They didn't mention him, just made a reference to This Morning's slight dilemma. According to people who saw if filmed, both ex-presenters were joked about and it sounded like Angus got quite a bashing...
  • Nobby 2 Nov 2002 01:34:03 128 posts
    Registered 19 years ago
    Considering that the reason Angus was removed was because he was defeating the point of the show, would it not have been rather hypocritical of the beeb to then put out a show where they take the piss out of Angus, again?

What does everyone else think about Ann Robinson? They want to make her appointment permenant. The beeb have totally lost the plot, that's the perfect way to kill a show. Ann bloody Robinson, I'd rather watch fame academy than any show with her in it.

Edited by Nobby at 01:34:03 02-11-2002
  • Whizzo 2 Nov 2002 02:07:15 44,805 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I think having Ann do it for one show probably won't be too bad but I couldn't see it working for much longer. The Beeb need to get a new permanent host in place ASAP so the show can resume being about the news rather than itself.
  • Daryoon 2 Nov 2002 03:04:21 5,912 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    How about replacing Angus with Hangus, the monkey mayor?
  • lardy 2 Nov 2002 18:39:10 52 posts
    Registered 18 years ago
    I'm just as worried about people suggesting Clive Anderson and Jonny Vaughan...
  • Blerk Moderator 4 Nov 2002 08:45:50 48,222 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Stephen Fry. He's my choice for the job. He's the only choice worth mentioning. Anyone else...? Pfff.
  • Machiavel 4 Nov 2002 16:07:08 5,964 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Sadly, I thought Paul Merton proved that reading an autocue is an odd art that he certainly hadn't mastered. All the speculation about the new host is almost certainly fogged by the various PR and newspaper puff pieces of people jockeying for such a plum position.

What I hope happens though is that after a series of guest presenters, Angus reappears with his coke-addled shameful grin in the next series - ratings boost, there you go.

They did that with Paul Merton a few seasons back.
  • Mr_Sleep 4 Nov 2002 16:19:06 23,333 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Apparently Angus was being paid 50'000 a show...I think any one would want that job.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.