Too F*ck*ng Hot! Page 185

  • Dirt3 22 Jul 2021 11:58:49 1,734 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The problem with any animals you try to live in coexistence with is that they don't keep their end of the deal.

    My deal is, you stay up there in the corner and eat all the flies and shit, and I'll leave you alone.

    Unfortunately if you try to do that deal at some point you will become innudated with the fuckers, or they will crawl all over you and your food.
  • SolidSCB 22 Jul 2021 12:00:31 16,619 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My garage is the spider's domain. There are some beefy bois in there I wouldn't want to fuck with. One has made a funnel web in the corner so thick I think it would have a good go at trapping a small child.
  • Decks 22 Jul 2021 12:00:32 30,846 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    He's a fast little fucker as well. He was on the hard floor when I caught him the first time and you could actually hear his little feet scampering like a face hugger. I don't normally mind spiders but I was definitely a bit ufghfjjgjgj when he seemed to be running towards me.

    Edited by Decks at 12:02:03 22-07-2021
  • Rum_Monkey 22 Jul 2021 12:02:36 3,332 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I honestly think I'd do that scream they use in all the films if that ran at me.

    I have no idea why I'm so scared of them, but the fear just takes over.
  • SolidSCB 22 Jul 2021 12:08:09 16,619 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I remember having one a few years ago in the house that was so big that, I shit you not, was too heavy to actually use its climbing capabilities and kept thudding down to the floor after getting halfway up the wall.

    We had a few people round at the time and we were sat laughing at this fat fucker struggling to even spider properly until it turned around and fucking bombed it towards us at 100mph. I've never seen a bunch of adults turn from laughter to horror quicker in my life.
  • KD 22 Jul 2021 12:37:43 3,519 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I had to repair the skirting thing on the edge of the extension roof last summer, cut the worn section off and it looked like a scene from an Aliens film with hatched spider eggs everywhere.

    Edited by KD at 12:37:56 22-07-2021
  • Dirt3 22 Jul 2021 12:45:45 1,734 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They are worth leaving alone because some of them can give a nasty bite. So fear of them is not entirely unwarranted.
  • wuntyate 22 Jul 2021 13:00:57 17,361 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I always pick the wee guys up and pop them outside but been bitten a few time by the really big chaps. It can nip a bit but so far they haven't been able to break the skin so I'll keep picking them up until they do.

    Then I'll be spiderman.

    Really big beetles also like a cheeky pinch I've noticed.

    I should probably just stop picking things up that don't want to be picked up.

    Edited by wuntyate at 13:01:47 22-07-2021
  • Dougs 22 Jul 2021 13:13:17 100,260 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @SolidSCB ha, I was chasing one around upstairs trying to get him with a glass and it launched itself off the top step, landing with a massive thud 2 steps down. Quite why it didn't use a web I have no idea. Maybe it was too fat too, didn't occur to me.
  • Dirt3 22 Jul 2021 13:18:53 1,734 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    Yeah I always pick the wee guys up and pop them outside but been bitten a few time by the really big chaps. It can nip a bit but so far they haven't been able to break the skin so I'll keep picking them up until they do.

    Then I'll be spiderman.

    Really big beetles also like a cheeky pinch I've noticed.

    I should probably just stop picking things up that don't want to be picked up.
    If it does bite you and half your body rots off you'll get to sell your story to the Daily Rage for 100 quid, so it's not all bad.
  • wuntyate 22 Jul 2021 13:27:37 17,361 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So less Spiderman and more Halfrottenbodyman. Still be a fucking superhero though.
  • SnackPlissken 22 Jul 2021 13:49:45 3,458 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is it true that new builds retain more heat? I've tried opening windows in the morning, then closing them all.. then its like an oven at midday.
  • Wayne 22 Jul 2021 13:51:14 3,942 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    New builds, in theory, will have better insulation than old homes.
  • Dirt3 22 Jul 2021 14:06:17 1,734 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    Is it true that new builds retain more heat? I've tried opening windows in the morning, then closing them all.. then its like an oven at midday.
    Stick some fans on the windowsill to draw in cool air from outside.

    Also, form a wind tunnel in your house. So open a front window, and a back window and make sure there is a path between them so air can flow. My front bedroom and rear bathroom windows are virtually opposite each other, so this works well.

    My bottom floor is much cooler than the top floor.
  • Psychotext 22 Jul 2021 14:19:56 70,558 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Dirt3 wrote:
    Why is your garage so warm ?

    Mine is always cool.

    Do you get direct sun on the front door or something ?
    Detached double garage, gets sun literally all day.
  • SnackPlissken 22 Jul 2021 14:26:17 3,458 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dirt3 wrote:
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    Is it true that new builds retain more heat? I've tried opening windows in the morning, then closing them all.. then its like an oven at midday.
    Stick some fans on the windowsill to draw in cool air from outside.

    Also, form a wind tunnel in your house. So open a front window, and a back window and make sure there is a path between them so air can flow. My front bedroom and rear bathroom windows are virtually opposite each other, so this works well.

    My bottom floor is much cooler than the top floor.
    Top tips! I’ll give it a go. Can’t do much downstairs as we’ve got a huge window that is floor to ceiling and that’s where all the sun gets during the day. Windowsill is on the floor…
  • quadfather 22 Jul 2021 14:27:14 38,974 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You know those old 1970 type designed ceiling fans? With the slatted wood design? Like this -

    https://images.app.goo.gl/NNdRyrNj8J9eguoZ7

    That is the only thing that has made me sleep this week at night. Highly recommended!
  • JamboWayOh 22 Jul 2021 14:31:00 24,959 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why aren't you guys replacing all your blood in your body for Technogel???
  • SnackPlissken 22 Jul 2021 14:36:11 3,458 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    You know those old 1970 type designed ceiling fans? With the slatted wood design? Like this -

    https://images.app.goo.gl/NNdRyrNj8J9eguoZ7

    That is the only thing that has made me sleep this week at night. Highly recommended!
    I saw on the news someone smacked their head on one of those. Something about her head is now caving into her spine and needs 30k to fix it.
  • wuntyate 22 Jul 2021 14:43:28 17,361 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You've got to be careful with those because if you decide to attack a whip wielding archeologist you might end up fucked.
  • wuntyate 22 Jul 2021 14:44:01 17,361 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    I saw on the news someone smacked their head on one of those. Something about her head is now caving into her spine and needs 30k to fix it.
    That's an expensive ceiling fan.
  • quadfather 22 Jul 2021 14:46:38 38,974 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    You know those old 1970 type designed ceiling fans? With the slatted wood design? Like this -

    https://images.app.goo.gl/NNdRyrNj8J9eguoZ7

    That is the only thing that has made me sleep this week at night. Highly recommended!
    I saw on the news someone smacked their head on one of those. Something about her head is now caving into her spine and needs 30k to fix it.
    I can believe it. You have to watch the buggers, and I'm quite tall, but it's just a bloody godsend in the heat
  • Deleted user 22 July 2021 14:46:39
    wuntyate wrote:
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    I saw on the news someone smacked their head on one of those. Something about her head is now caving into her spine and needs 30k to fix it.
    That's an expensive ceiling fan.

    Is this: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-who-could-internally-decapitate-24479297 what you mean?

    If so, it wasn't the fan, she had an existing condition that cause her spine to cave into the skull. It will cost £350k for the operation which may or may not fix it.
  • quadfather 22 Jul 2021 14:47:17 38,974 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    You've got to be careful with those because if you decide to attack a whip wielding archeologist you might end up fucked.
    Pro tip - take your turban off before engaging.
  • Rogueywon 22 Jul 2021 14:48:54 12,244 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Dirt3 wrote:
    Also, form a wind tunnel in your house. So open a front window, and a back window and make sure there is a path between them so air can flow. My front bedroom and rear bathroom windows are virtually opposite each other, so this works well.
    The wind tunnel point is a good one. I can get a better breeze through my place if I open just three specific windows than if I open all of them.
  • Dirt3 22 Jul 2021 14:53:41 1,734 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Dirt3 wrote:
    Why is your garage so warm ?

    Mine is always cool.

    Do you get direct sun on the front door or something ?
    Detached double garage, gets sun literally all day.
    Ah right. I have an integral garage. And it probably helps that the front and rear doors are white. The front door is also permanently shaded.
  • Load_2.0 22 Jul 2021 14:54:40 33,520 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    You know those old 1970 type designed ceiling fans? With the slatted wood design? Like this -

    https://images.app.goo.gl/NNdRyrNj8J9eguoZ7

    That is the only thing that has made me sleep this week at night. Highly recommended!
    I saw on the news someone smacked their head on one of those. Something about her head is now caving into her spine and needs 30k to fix it.
    Just like that your life can spin out of control, she's headed for a long spell in rehab which won't be a breeze. I bet she won't be a fan of hospitals after that. Especially with medical bills hanging over her head.
  • Dirt3 22 Jul 2021 14:55:52 1,734 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Dirt3 wrote:
    Also, form a wind tunnel in your house. So open a front window, and a back window and make sure there is a path between them so air can flow. My front bedroom and rear bathroom windows are virtually opposite each other, so this works well.
    The wind tunnel point is a good one. I can get a better breeze through my place if I open just three specific windows than if I open all of them.
    My house faces about SE. So in the morning/mid afternoon the back gets hot with the heat on the conservatory and patio, while the front is mostly in shade. My guess is there is a 5 degree C difference, which can drive a good airflow.
  • mrpon 22 Jul 2021 14:58:34 37,316 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Sometimes the West Wing gets pretty hot but fortunately the Orangery is shaded somewhat by the Drawing Room so I'm good for the time being.
  • quadfather 22 Jul 2021 15:01:41 38,974 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Careful with that axe, Eugene
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.