Entourage & It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Deleted user 7 August 2008 20:54:25
    Both these great shows are starting again in September.

Entourage Season 5 will debut on 7th September in the US. Here's the season trailer.

Season 4 ended in Cannes with Medellin flopping and the boys selling it to Harvery Weingard for $1. The opening episode of season 5 sees Vince and Turtle in Mexico, avoiding having anything to do with the film, which is getting slammed by critics. Eric, Drama and Ari remain in L.A. where they focus on their individual careers. Drama begins to garner recognition while E gains new clients for his management company, while Ari attempts to dig Vince out of the hole created by Medellin by negotiating him into a new movie.

Guest stars for the upcoming season include... rappers Bow Wow and T.I., Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Sopranos), Mark Wahlberg (Italian Job), Tony Bennett (singer), Andrew Bynum (LA Lakers), Eric Roberts (The Dark Knight), Lukas Haas (Zoolander), Giovanni Ribisi (Friends, Saving Private Ryan), Fran Drescher (The Nanny), Kevin Pollak (The Usual Suspects), and golfer Phil Mickelson.

This season will also see the return of Dom, the friend who featured for a couple of episodes before being cut off for stealing the Shrek doll from Phil Rubenstein.

---

The 4th, and possibly last, season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia kicks of on the 18th of September. The guys are working on a new show called Boldly Going Nowhere so a 5th series of Phily is uncertain.

It's been a quiet few months on the TV recently with only Mad Men and re-watching Entourage on terrestrial keeping me going
  • yupyup 7 Aug 2008 20:57:04 3,701 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Might be worth spoilering those details for Entourage S4. Looking forward to S5. I heard one of the possible storylines for Dom's return. Really hope it's inaccurate...

Is Mad Men any good? Was looking for something to watch.
  • JYM60 7 Aug 2008 20:58:22 17,576 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Can't wait for entourage.
  • Deleted user 7 August 2008 21:03:43
    Mad Men is good, I'm slowly getting through the first series and enjoying it. Not sure what it can be compared with. I'd advise checking out the first two episode, should be enough to see if it's your sort of thing.

To be honest though I'm looking forward to It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia more than anything else, it's genius.
  • HitchHiker 15 Aug 2008 08:57:26 2,890 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Never seen IASIP before but there's a free episode on the iTunes store. Very funny. The little guy of the three main characters is familiar from somewhere.
  • Deleted user 16 September 2008 19:45:23
    Two more days!
  • TakeTheVeil 3 Oct 2008 12:45:15 5,057 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The latest series of It's Always Sunny is pure class. Easily the best yet. Charlie is nearly rising to George Constanza heightsthese days.

I'm a big fan of Mad Men btw. Like K_Soze, I dont know what to compare it with though
  • Deleted user 3 October 2008 12:49:06
    A friend from the US recommended It's Always Sunny recently and I keep forgetting to check it out!
  • TakeTheVeil 3 Oct 2008 12:57:15 5,057 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah definitely worth checking out. Probably the most under-rated comedy at the moment. On its 4th season now, but it easily gets better with each one.
  • Deleted user 10 October 2008 18:09:14
    Halfway through the second series of It's Always Sunny.

FUCKING. FANTASTIC.

:D

Really enjoying it - the relationships are great, the acting and script just delightful - even Danny DeVito fits in (just about). I was a bit worried he might make it go all 'sitcom' and right enough the second series seems to be lit a lot more 'Hollywood' and they don't seem to have their cameras set on Autofocus any more, but it's still funny as fuck.
  • Deleted user 29 September 2009 15:34:14
    This is the only thread I could find relating to IASIP. The new season started recently and the first two episodes are brilliant as usual. Charlie challenging a lawyer to a 'duel' and the lawyer accepting was perhaps the highlight.
  • Fatiguez 29 Sep 2009 15:36:59 8,923 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • caligari 28 Feb 2011 23:46:59 17,931 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I've only just started watching IASIP, and Lordy Lord, it IS funny.

Is there a dip in quality at all after the first (very short) series (or season - natch)? It just seems strange that I've never really seen anyone on this forum talking about this show.
  • psychokitten Moderator 28 Feb 2011 23:58:52 7,795 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I adore IASIP but same here, never see others mention it. I got into it late ish because of that.

I find the dips in quality are few and far between. Some of my favourite episodes come later on.
  • Fillem 1 Mar 2011 00:48:18 142 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I adored IaSiP but the last season was pretty shite bar 2-3 episodes :(
  • Charlie_Miso 3 Mar 2011 02:55:13 1,190 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I bought Sunny cold on DVD few weeks ago - first two seasons.

How can I show like this have existed for so long without me finding out? It's fantastic.

Thought there was a big dip when DeVito joined the cast but thankfully turned out to be just a small blip.
  • JYM60 27 Nov 2018 14:17:50 17,576 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Deleted user wrote:
    The 4th, and possibly last, season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia kicks of on the 18th of September.
    Lol
  • DaM 27 Nov 2018 14:54:34 17,207 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I really struggle to get people to watch it. I watch them on a loop on Netflix. When I get to the end, I just start again...
  • AboutHalfaStevas 27 Nov 2018 14:55:47 1,268 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sunny did dip in quality for me noticeably the last two seasons I watched (all but the latest), with more than just the occasional duff episode, but it managed to maintain a pretty high standard all the way up to that. Dunno about the latest series, though, don't have access to it at the moment.

Possibly my fave American comedy show other than curb (I need new curb, dammit).

So yes, anyone not familiar, get the fuck on that already.
  • ghearoid 27 Nov 2018 15:26:46 3,166 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I like It's Always Sunny. I can't remember where I'm up to but the last thing I recall is Mac being all buff and going on a gay cruise.

Or maybe I just dreamt that.
  • RyanDS 27 Nov 2018 15:29:23 12,391 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thanks for getting me annoyed that the latest series is still not up on Netflix so I am waiting to catch up!

/see also Brooklyn 99

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.