Breaking Bad Page 102

Next Last
  • DakeyrasUK 14 Oct 2019 21:34:15 3,196 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished watching it. Watched first half earlier today. Much preferred the first hour, possibly because I thought there was a new story to tell and it was going somewhere I didn't already guess all those years ago.

Sure it was well shot, acted and nice to see lots of the characters again. But as mentioned above, if you have nothing new to tell leave it be.

Consider me part of the meh reaction. If it was never made I wouldn't be bothered, but would still be wanting something with a new story not just let's tell the tale of how Jesse got money to dissappear.

I think I expected more of a hunt going on, didn't a trailer feature an interview asking after Jesse's whereabouts?

I guess it kind of felt more like 2 extra episodes but strangely done all these years later as opposed to a one off film.
  • MadCaddy13 14 Oct 2019 21:36:15 3,061 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeh Fat Damon just didn’t fancy bulking down to Meth Damon. Clocked that straight away
  • up_the_ante 14 Oct 2019 22:40:19 1,157 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I assume Netflix were waving a big sack of money in front of Vince Gilligan's face saying "Lets get the band back together!". Under those circumstances I'm glad we got a fairly low key outing. He just let us get another couple of hours back in that universe without writing a whole new story arc.
  • Zerobob 15 Oct 2019 10:41:16 2,276 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I quite enjoyed it. Sure, story-wise it was almost completely superfluous, which is a little unforgivable. I don't think it would have been completely inappropriate to undermine at least something established by the main series to make the story fresh and more worthwhile.

Also, some of the characters appeared glaringly older than they were mere hours before the events of El Camino - and indeed older during flashbacks - which was hard to look past. Other characters not so much.

I still thought it managed to be an exciting watch, brilliantly shot, with some well though out plot elements, and I didn't feel my time had been wasted.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2019 12:26:54
    I think that sums it up. It is superfluous yet I didn't feel my time was wasted. An odd one
  • Dougs 15 Oct 2019 12:54:52 91,055 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Watched it this morning. Thoroughly enjoyed it, looked great and Aaron Paul was superb. It didn't offer much on terms of story but I'm glad someone came out of it ok. Definitely worth watching for anyone who is a fan imo.
  • askew 15 Oct 2019 13:01:24 20,237 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Some lovely cinematography though. I thought the change in aspect-ratio and the cleaner video quality added to it.
  • sherpa1984 15 Oct 2019 16:12:43 806 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DakeyrasUK wrote:
    Just finished watching it. Watched first half earlier today. Much preferred the first hour, possibly because I thought there was a new story to tell and it was going somewhere I didn't already guess all those years ago.

Sure it was well shot, acted and nice to see lots of the characters again. But as mentioned above, if you have nothing new to tell leave it be.

Consider me part of the meh reaction. If it was never made I wouldn't be bothered, but would still be wanting something with a new story not just let's tell the tale of how Jesse got money to dissappear.

I think I expected more of a hunt going on, didn't a trailer feature an interview asking after Jesse's whereabouts?

I guess it kind of felt more like 2 extra episodes but strangely done all these years later as opposed to a one off film.
    I felt the same. This felt like Breaking Bad: The Epilogue rather than a film.

When Jesse gets dropped off in Canada I thought “okay here comes Act 3 of the film” then boom, fade to credits.

I enjoyed what was there but yea... it was more like the 2 final episodes.

And I know it would have shit on the end of the TV series but a part of me was hoping it would end with Jesse walking into a dark room and hearing the gravelly voice of Walt saying “Hello, Jesse”... then fade to credits.
  • drhickman1983 20 Oct 2019 02:27:26 6,152 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just watched El Camino

I enjoyed it, and I'm glad I watched it, but it was entirely unnecessary. I guess it does spell out what Jessie did after the show, but it turns out what he did was very much what I expected, so it's hardly a revelation.

Still, it's very well made and it's a good reminder that Aaron Paul can be a very good actor.
  • MrAGSystems 20 Oct 2019 02:56:28 255 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Highlight was Jesse saying "YEAH BITCH!" to a big plate of salad
  • swede 20 Oct 2019 09:20:04 563 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Aaron Paul is everywhere at the moment.... and starring in Westworld - good to see him doing well
  • Baihu1983 20 Oct 2019 09:21:42 11,762 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Was ok but felt unnecessary. Ending was fine
  • superdelphinus 20 Oct 2019 12:32:46 10,153 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago

Probably been shared before but I came across this today - check out the scene at about 20 mins (when Walt and Jessie are discussing Mike’s whereabouts)
  • Bambot 20 Oct 2019 15:10:47 1,398 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Enjoyed watching this, but it was completely pointless and entirely unnecessary. Changes absolutely nothing. Adds absolutely nothing. Was quite literally Netflix letting their algorithm choose who to give money to. "Breaking Bad gets a lot of views, lets get more Breaking Bad."
  • Bambot 20 Oct 2019 15:13:08 1,398 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    sherpa1984 wrote:
    DakeyrasUK wrote:

I felt the same. This felt like Breaking Bad: The Epilogue rather than a film.

When Jesse gets dropped off in Canada I thought “okay here comes Act 3 of the film” then boom, fade to credits.

I enjoyed what was there but yea... it was more like the 2 final episodes.

And I know it would have shit on the end of the TV series but a part of me was hoping it would end with Jesse walking into a dark room and hearing the gravelly voice of Walt saying “Hello, Jesse”... then fade to credits.
    The original ending was that he escapes to Alaska and then gets nicked helping someone out. Final scene, him in a jail cell supposedly 'at peace' because he'd done a good thing (that got him nicked).

Gilligan's girlfriend and apparently a LOT of the BB/BCS writing team told him he was fucking mental if that was how he planned to finish Jesse off after waiting for so long to do this in the first place.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.