• simpleexplodingmaybe 2 Mar 2019 17:43:55 9,972 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's absolutely future Spock/Burnham

Unless they're trying to double-bluff the internet speculators
  • DrStrangelove 2 Mar 2019 19:30:29 13,917 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Its body shape looks very female to me, I'd be very surprised if it was one of the male characters.

Maybe Leeta?
  • DrStrangelove 2 Mar 2019 19:33:24 13,917 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Also, "my mother told me that the great mysteries of the universe come in threes: birth, life and death. Past, present and future." Whoa. Deep.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 19:34:07 02-03-2019
  • Nazo 2 Mar 2019 21:11:02 964 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looked a bit chubby to me, I reckon Tilly.
  • DasBooter 2 Mar 2019 22:17:30 385 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    Also, "my mother told me that the great mysteries of the universe come in threes: birth, life and death. Past, present and future." Whoa. Deep.
    Yeah the little nuggets of tiresome "wisdom" at the start of each episode are quite grating.
  • Deleted user 2 March 2019 22:39:29
    It's da smoke monster or Mr echo
  • BigOrkWaaagh 2 Mar 2019 22:59:54 8,613 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    749 mark 148 was the important number of the episode and was ultimately revealed to be a heading, which I believe are generally worked out using the 360 degrees of a circle?
  • Bambot 3 Mar 2019 08:42:05 1,341 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    749 mark 148 was the important number of the episode and was ultimately revealed to be a heading, which I believe are generally worked out using the 360 degrees of a circle?
    She said they were co-ordinates, not a heading.

Edited by Bambot at 09:57:13 03-03-2019
  • Technoishmatt 3 Mar 2019 13:10:32 3,324 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmm is this going to be another time war? Not sure about that. But, excellent episode indeed. Was good to get Burnham away and let the rest of the crew shine.
  • drhickman1983 5 Mar 2019 07:44:15 5,861 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Burnham is basically a charisma black hole, how the most boring character ended up front and centre is a bit of a mystery.

Still, there some interesting stuff in the periphery, and I rather like Pike. I just find the ongoing storyline a bit dull. Do wonder if it's tied into the temporal war.
  • JoelStinty 5 Mar 2019 09:32:50 7,730 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So Pike is going to be completely defined by Talos 4 then :) Apt that he was talking about fate in the first episode (i think) of the season.

Just reading up on Talos 4, there hasn't been a specified episode where the federation invokes General Order 7 on the planet (under no circumstances are people to visit or approach the planet or will the ....err.. death penalty) , so wonder if we will see that happening.
  • Deleted user 5 March 2019 09:34:30
    I disliked how she acts like a vulcan yet is human. Where we've got spock in the new movies who is vulcan yet punches people to death and listens to my chemical romance while stroking a picture of Uhura. Haven't watched any of S2 after the first one but I assume they've done something equally weird and stupid to Spock in this latest needless reincarnation.
  • gooner77 5 Mar 2019 10:21:46 1,379 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Is Discovery on a mid season break now?
  • RGeefe 5 Mar 2019 12:12:01 275 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This show needs to eject Burnham and Spock. Has to be the only show I've ever seen where the lead is absolutely the worst character on the show.

I get that people hate Tilly but I understand her character and she's fairly well defined. Michael is just...a void of nothingness. When I think of the great female Trek characters - Uhura, Dax, Janeway (sort of), Kira...she's just crap.

Bin her off. Get Talos IV out of the way and move on to something fresh. Maybe bring in the Cardassians or explore some Romulan stuff.
  • Nazo 5 Mar 2019 12:44:00 964 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Although I enjoyed the latest episode I feel like they fluffed the key moments. After all the build up of problems between Burnham and Spock the actual reunion lacked any emotional weight.
    The shuttle bit was ok but Im bored of Stammets using his super powers to save the day now.
    I wish theyd made a clean break from the other Trek series, for some reason the way they pick and choose bits of the continuity to include bugs me.
  • Kronos 5 Mar 2019 17:59:15 741 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I wonder if the Talosians in this incarnation will still have bums on the backs of their heads.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 5 Mar 2019 21:27:42 9,972 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Captain Killy is the focus of the newest Star Trek Online content.

It's a shame there's still not been a definitive single player Trek game.
  • oldschoolsoviet 8 Mar 2019 19:00:48 6,684 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Given that TOS opening on the latest ep, I'm going to say the Red Angel is Pike caught in mid-explosion, hence his wings (debris) and his burned, wheelchair bound state thereafter.

10 mins in, let's see what happens.
  • nickthegun 8 Mar 2019 20:02:43 77,486 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I thought that when Saru got a good look at it, it looked like a womans outline, which would, sadly, put the chosen one in the hot seat.
  • Nazo 8 Mar 2019 22:13:07 964 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm still going with Tilly. Red Angel, see?

Also, SQL injection attacks? FFS.
  • oldschoolsoviet 8 Mar 2019 22:27:11 6,684 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I dunno if they've done that deliberately, making it look feminine so as to throw the scent. And there's the glimmer of Georgiou actually having some sort of redemption arc. But, yeah, it's probably Void McVoidyface, who else ?

Post episode, I'll probably rescind my guess seeing as we've buggered off from Talos already. Why all the build up at the start ? Trying to appeal to the fanboys, tie into TOS and not really delivering anything ? Probably safer than meddling with THE LORE.

Saru still shining, that JJ warp-chase shot can piss off and I'm already tired of Jesus Doc.

Time to wind up zone chat on STO.
  • CosmicFuzz 9 Mar 2019 00:23:24 32,585 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well I thought it was a pretty fan-flipping-tastic episode myself. Biggest issue was the whole fall out between Burnham and Spock being a big nothing, but I loved everything else.
  • AcidSnake 9 Mar 2019 00:40:08 8,097 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I thought that when Saru got a good look at it, it looked like a womans outline
    Spock referred to the Red Angel as a she...You'd think if he melded with him/her he'd have at least some idea of that? Same way he knows it's a human?

Might just be their mum, always bending time to keep her kids safe...

One thing I particularly disliked about this episode was just a single phrase...
    "And you will always be cold and distant...like a moon somewhere..."

Did they ask George Lucas to help write that gem?
  • Not-a-reviewer 9 Mar 2019 00:45:10 5,647 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Im hoping Pike is in this for a long time. Hes as good as Isaacs was, both being the best in the cast.
  • Dirtbox 9 Mar 2019 01:33:07 91,072 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    He's great, but he won't be. He has to captain the Enterprise with Spock by the end of this season. Michael is set to take over, by which time, the rest of the crew are supposed to see a little more of a TNG style ensemble.

The extraneous character building in this one is pretty glacial, but I'm sort of into their slow burn "I actually want to learn more about these people" rather than it being shoved into your face from the getgo.

Edited by Dirtbox at 01:41:34 09-03-2019
  • gammonbanter 9 Mar 2019 08:52:46 1,760 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted
  • gammonbanter 9 Mar 2019 08:58:57 1,760 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Not-a-reviewer can Lorca's good character make a come back, I can't remember!
  • oldschoolsoviet 9 Mar 2019 13:08:14 6,684 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not-a-reviewer wrote:
    Im hoping Pike is in this for a long time. Hes as good as Isaacs was, both being the best in the cast.
    He's already been on Twitter touting for new work, so no. We still have new and improved Saru, but the rest of them could disappear out of an airlock tbh.
  • Dirtbox 9 Mar 2019 13:12:54 91,072 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    gammonbanter wrote:
    @Not-a-reviewer can Lorca's good character make a come back, I can't remember!
    It's only been assumed that prime Lorca was killed by mirror Lorca, so maybe. I am really not enjoying Michael, she's not a good character and the actress lacks the subtlety to play the part.
  • RGeefe 9 Mar 2019 16:37:43 275 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So re watching The Cage beforehand was pretty bloody pointless...

Pike was great. Saru was great. Dead doctor was actually pretty good and I really hope they twist him into a villain.

Shave Spock and move him on. Michael is so incredibly dull.

Make Saru captain, send Georgiou full baddie and let's have series 3 be about chasing her.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.