Star Trek Page 239

• Steve-Perry 20 Mar 2020 22:42:33 1,304 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Should be ashamed. Fucking disgraceful.
  • Steve-Perry 20 Mar 2020 22:49:18 1,304 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    I'm absolutely disgusted that 1 person found this week's episode of The Star Trek bad, 1 found it ok, and 1 loved it.

Absolutely pathetic. Sub human. Kill yourselves. Cunts.

Edited by Steve-Perry at 23:10:50 20-03-2020
  • Steve-Perry 20 Mar 2020 22:50:02 1,304 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIVES
  • Steve-Perry 20 Mar 2020 22:53:33 1,304 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Said the guy who has put 'a few hundred hours' into a railway simulator 😂

Edited by Steve-Perry at 22:55:20 20-03-2020
  • Saul_Iscariot 20 Mar 2020 23:43:54 3,716 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought it was a really good episode. But compared to TNG, the whole series feels like a really drawn out two parter with a whole lot of filler.
  • Saul_Iscariot 20 Mar 2020 23:43:55 3,716 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought it was a really good episode. But compared to TNG, the whole series feels like a really drawn out two parter with a whole lot of filler.
  • Scimarad 21 Mar 2020 09:16:30 9,730 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'm not going to say I've got no criticisms of this series but on the whole I've thought it was pretty good. Under-cover Picard, aside...

I liked the big flowers:)
  • Zerobob 21 Mar 2020 09:27:56 2,427 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I gave up after episode 5 after butchering Seven of Nine's character. Not that there weren't plenty of reasons to give up before then.
  • Nazo 21 Mar 2020 09:29:23 1,327 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We should be grateful the flowers weren't giant hands ;)

I've enjoyed the series but I think it's closer to DSC than TNG overall. To me it's not really Star Trek but it's passable TV.
  • Steve-Perry 21 Mar 2020 12:10:13 1,304 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    It's decent enough to kill an hour every week. It could be sooo much better. BSG has basically made absolutely everything that has followed it look tripe. Even on a bad day it was far superior to any other TV sci fi imo.
  • Load_2.0 21 Mar 2020 15:31:36 31,627 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I thoroughly enjoyed it. It didn't go the way I was expecting at all. I had envisaged a planet(s) full of super advanced synthetic life rather than a handful of them mucking about outside like village dimwits.

Reminded me of that village in STNG when they want to execute Wesley for fucking up the rules in their ball game.

Anyhoo I liked the idea of an ominous omnipotent synthetic super power lurking in the dark.

Hoping for a strong finish.
  • JoelStinty 21 Mar 2020 16:18:49 8,877 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I donít really buy the claims it doesnít feel like Trek. For me the series has been TNG deconstructed, whilst the series and type of storytelling hasnít allowed Philosophical neighbours in space, we have had the philosophy, ethics and nods to all the components that made TNG so comforting. We have had ready room and sick bay scenes, dodgy dress up holodeck/away mission, away mission to planet of funny clothed aliens. Just waiting for a turbo lift scene and then having to dump a warp core in engineering. Itís all there. Just done in a different way.

So far I rate the series a 3.5 or 3.75 out of five. Thereís been highs and lows but I found the show comforting in
    the same way TNG was and when it hits it highs i feel genuine elation. Thought the last episode was a bit weaker than the last 3 or so before but Iím not complaining.

Edited by JoelStinty at 16:19:49 21-03-2020
  • DasBooter 21 Mar 2020 21:14:19 486 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Fairly naff episode I thought.

I'm rooting for the Romulans now.
  • Steve-Perry 21 Mar 2020 22:23:49 1,304 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    I think saying it's a deconstruction of TNG is giving them far too much credit. Judging by Discovery and this it's basically just some licenced fodder for a streaming service.

If it was OTE they both would have been cancelled for shocking ratings after 1 season.

Picard is completely fine, but I don't believe it's some sort of meta commentary on TNG. Kurtzman just wants JJ style sploshions and melodrama.

They're lucky they have Chabon, he seems half competent.

Or had, I think he's already bounced, such is the shambles of the production of these shows

Edited by Steve-Perry at 22:25:52 21-03-2020
  • stephenb 22 Mar 2020 20:26:17 3,473 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Alex Kurtzman, complete hack and likes Mass Effect 3 I guess. The reapers are coming to destroy all organic life.

I've hated pretty much all of this series and seem to be watching in a vaguely disgruntled, masochistic curiosity.

The latest episode was unbelievably badly edited with weird pauses at the end of scenes and some really strange line reads by the actors. It's all a bit odd and slightly off.
  • RGeefe 23 Mar 2020 13:58:28 981 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I did pick up on some really weird editing and delivery. Whoever put it together didn't seem to be giving a shit.
  • GloatingSwine 23 Mar 2020 14:15:49 3,882 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    I thoroughly enjoyed it. It didn't go the way I was expecting at all. I had envisaged a planet(s) full of super advanced synthetic life rather than a handful of them mucking about outside like village dimwits.
    A handful of people mucking about outside like village dimwits is how all super advanced species behave on Star Trek. See: Organians, Ba'ku.
  • General_Martok 23 Mar 2020 16:48:32 1,232 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DasBooter wrote:
    Fairly naff episode I thought.

I'm rooting for the Romulans now.
    This.
  • Steve-Perry 26 Mar 2020 08:34:05 1,304 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Just sat down to watch this before work.

There's a casting spoiler in the opening credits. Close your eyes.

Why the fuck do they do that. Just put any guest stars in the end credits. Clowns.
  • Steve-Perry 26 Mar 2020 09:24:31 1,304 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Like the rest of the series, that episode was perfectly ok, but slightly worse. It really goes off the deep end in the last 20 minutes fairly massively.

Big 'surprises' didn't really land.

Everyone still does stupid shit.

The copy paste federation ships were a big disappointment. Even Riker looked like he was in a computer game green screen rather than a big budget TV show.

I can't reconcile Agnes' character. She's a murderer one minute then comic relief the next.

The avengers portal in da sky with mecha snakes is just more evidence that Star Trek is creatively bankrupt. They've BSG downloaded Picard into a robot. What a stupid fucking idea.

The melodrama is pretty cringe."I got you, you cry. Let it all out, wah wah wah wah blub blub". Terrible. Especially when 5 minutes later..

So Picard is a robot now? Probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen. They're just trolling at this point. Why kill him off to revive him in the next 20 seconds? Almost as stupid and pointless as killing that doctor in Discovery.

Really glad that the last I will ever see of Data, the beloved heroic android, is him shrivelled up on a chair like emperor fucking palpatin turning into dust.

Overall, the whole series is much better than Discovery, which is all of the weak points of Picard writ large. But it could be so much better.

Johnny average 6/10 for the series.

Some real stupid shit in this final episode. It shits the bed a fair bit. I'd give this episode a 4/10.

Edited by Steve-Perry at 09:28:24 26-03-2020
  • RGeefe 26 Mar 2020 09:30:28 981 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh goody. I am looking forward to watching it...

Not bothering with spoilers but I can only imagine some of the dumb shit they do. Will not be bothering with Picard 2 or Discovery 3.

Also - who's the guest star? That way I won't shit a brick when it comes.

Edited by RGeefe at 09:31:09 26-03-2020
  • Steve-Perry 26 Mar 2020 09:33:42 1,304 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    You will see the actors name in the opening titles. It's a fairly predictable one. I'll put it here if you want to know.

Captain Will Riker
  • RGeefe 26 Mar 2020 09:35:16 981 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I assume he has the Titan? And there's an epic space battle that is hard to follow.
  • Steve-Perry 26 Mar 2020 09:38:27 1,304 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Well I will let you find out.

I'm interested to see what people make of it. They just make all these weird, often pointless writing decisions in modern star trek.

Ironically, the one thing the writing really lacks, is any adherence to logic, captain.

/raises eyebrow
  • DasBooter 26 Mar 2020 09:40:35 486 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Are you talking about the final episode? I'm skipping over your posts to avoid spoilers. I thought it wasn't it til Friday?
  • RGeefe 26 Mar 2020 09:41:29 981 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Agreed. The best thing about it has been Rios.
    Also stop calling him "JL". That's fucking diabolical.
  • Steve-Perry 26 Mar 2020 09:46:09 1,304 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    DasBooter wrote:
    Are you talking about the final episode? I'm skipping over your posts to avoid spoilers. I thought it wasn't it til Friday?
    It is released in America on Thursday on CBS.

I 'acquired' it from the internet.

I do have Amazon Prime, but with the lockdown and I was up early, I thought I could use some light hearted entertainment.

I watched Picard episode 10 instead.
  • creepiest-lizard 26 Mar 2020 10:29:08 1,340 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh, god, I haven't seen the last three episodes but its going to be even more awful than what came before, isn't it?
  • Steve-Perry 26 Mar 2020 10:47:56 1,304 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    It's just a very bland show IMO. I find it hard to muster any hate or love for it. I'm not really invested.

I felt fairly numb by the end of the last episode. I was rather bored even though they were pulling out all the stops.
  • RGeefe 26 Mar 2020 10:49:20 981 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    creepiest-lizard wrote:
    Oh, god, I haven't seen the last three episodes but its going to be even more awful than what came before, isn't it?
    Episode 9 is pretty fucking dire. It doesn't even look good, either.

That it's making me want to watch Enterprise at this point is a bad sign.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.