Appendicitis - Have any of you guys ever had it? Page 2

Next Last
  • username 20 Nov 2008 00:40:50 848 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I had appendicitis about 8 years ago - went to see my GP who said I should get to A&E straight away. Once I got there, they stuck a drip in my hand, took a blood test and left me alone for a few hours. Then a doctor came along in the middle of the night, woke me up and said I'd be going under the knife in an hour.
    Two hours later I hailed a passing nurse who told me they'd changed their minds and wanted to do more blood tests.
    I then spent another day in hospital before they told me I could go home because I just had a 'grumbling appendix' and it was all fine now :/

I'm now paranoid that my appendix are going to burst every time I get any kind of stomach upset ;(

Glad to hear that you're OK though, caligari!
  • Lukus 20 Nov 2008 00:59:46 21,934 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    caligari wrote:
    MASSIVE thanks for all the tips guys - I am now sitting here (rather uncomfortably) without an appendix - but with three very cool tummy scars. :)

Went in early hours on Monday, and had the operation at about 9:30am.

Haha, that's awesome*. For once it wasn't just nothing.

*I mean the self/internet diagnosis, not the fact you had to have surgery, ahem.
  • buggrit 20 Nov 2008 08:57:53 5,178 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    caligari wrote:
    No no no - Eurogamer saved my life. \o/

Anyway - back to bed.

Thanks again, guys. I owe you all very nice Christmas cards.
    Jesus dude, and I was wondering why you hadn't responded to my PM! Get better soon fella :D
  • CosmicFuzz 20 Nov 2008 09:02:03 32,585 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Haha no way! Glad you got it sorted before your stomach exploded ;)

Feel better soon dude :)
  • Fairpricerx 9 Jan 2019 15:56:47 2 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Good day. I had appendicitis. I suffered for a long time before going to the hospital. When the pain became unbearable, I went to the hospital and had surgery. But then I had to buy expensive medicines. What I could not afford. I was advised to use the online pharmacy - https://fairpricerx.com/. Where I could buy drugs cheap. I'm already fine. Everything went smoothly. Good luck to all!
  • Fairpricerx 9 Jan 2019 15:57:00 2 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Good day. I had appendicitis. I suffered for a long time before going to the hospital. When the pain became unbearable, I went to the hospital and had surgery. But then I had to buy expensive medicines. What I could not afford. I was advised to use the online pharmacy - https://fairpricerx.com/. Where I could buy drugs cheap. I'm already fine. Everything went smoothly. Good luck to all!
  • Deleted user 9 January 2019 15:58:38
    Fuck off.
  • robthehermit 11 Jan 2019 09:33:58 7,319 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    10/10 for necrobump effort though.
  • challenge_hanukkah 11 Jan 2019 10:00:07 10,772 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I did my own appendectomy with only a spork, quart of rum and helpful YouTube tutorial.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.