Do you think my PC is on the way out?

• HiddenPooh 19 Nov 2008 01:14:49 1,426 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I got my lovely Quad Core last year and it's always been as quiet as a mouse - I've finished games like Mass Effect and Bioshock without ever hearing it. Just recently though, when playing Fallout 3 and L4D its decided to do an Xbox 360 impression and double up as a hoover impressionist. Guess its either dying aleady or it's time to buy some compressed air and clean the fucker.
  • Andee 19 Nov 2008 03:22:38 978 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It'll just need a good clean out to get rid of the dust. I usually do mine every 3/4 months or so. Done it earlier today actually, dropped the temp by 2-3 degrees accross all the cores. I'm too cheap to buy compressed air though, had to make do with the power of my lungs.
  • michaelius 19 Nov 2008 09:54:09 809 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Clean the dust from the fans inside.

And if you are too cheap to buy compressed air use this:

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grafika:GruszkaCP.jpg

And don't even try to ask me how they call it in english :) but it should be available in drug stores
  • phaze08 22 Nov 2008 22:00:41 15 posts
    Seen 8 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Definately dead or dying, email me and il come round to dispose of it for you. That loud fan thing is always a sign of impending doom. If you keep using it, it might catch fire.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.