The Worst Christmas Present Thread Page 6

    Next Last
  • RawShark 25 Dec 2019 23:49:56 1,495 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This year, my soon to be brother-in-law must have gone down the Tesco beer aisle and selected bottles of all my least favourite beers. Budweiser, Heineken, Stella, San Miguel, Morretti... whilst also skilfully missing all the ones I like. There should be shit booze collections where you could donate unwanted alcohol to college student parties or something.
  • Lukus 26 Dec 2019 00:42:05 23,999 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    During last year's work secret Santa, my Santa decided that because I like to paint and draw she would get me... pencils. 5 pencils. The lack of imagination or reason on display I found stunning. Because as someone who paints and draws, I don't already own about a million pencils?! FOR FUCKS SAKE. Not only that but they were all shitty HB ones that only children and morons try to draw with. I've genuinely never been more ungrateful for even the thought.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 26 Dec 2019 08:14:36 16,072 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Lukus do they know?
  • Jono62 26 Dec 2019 08:48:34 26,350 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Did you 'do a Muttler' in front of everyone?
  • Vortex808 26 Dec 2019 10:45:31 14,580 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    RawShark wrote:
    This year, my soon to be brother-in-law must have gone down the Tesco beer aisle and selected bottles of all my least favourite beers. Budweiser, Heineken, Stella, San Miguel, Morretti... whilst also skilfully missing all the ones I like. There should be shit booze collections where you could donate unwanted alcohol to college student parties or something.
    😃

    I totally empathise. My mother in law has done pretty much this too, but with a higher success rate. 2 bottles are fine. The rest, not so much.
  • JamboWayOh 26 Dec 2019 10:48:04 22,457 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    Did you 'do a Muttler' in front of everyone?
    Hang on, were the pencils racist?
  • RawShark 26 Dec 2019 11:08:34 1,495 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    During last year's work secret Santa, my Santa decided that because I like to paint and draw she would get me... pencils. 5 pencils. The lack of imagination or reason on display I found stunning. Because as someone who paints and draws, I don't already own about a million pencils?! FOR FUCKS SAKE. Not only that but they were all shitty HB ones that only children and morons try to draw with. I've genuinely never been more ungrateful for even the thought.
    At least they tried to find something that fitted your interests. I mean Secret Santa gifts are always shit, but more often than not I get chocolate simply because its clear the other person doesnt know who I am. Either that or its some plastic tat from the impulse purchase aisle at TK Maxx.

    One time I tried to give a personalised gift for my sub editor which was a mug that read I am silently correcting your grammar. I thought that was pretty clever, but he was a humourless bastard and it went down like a fart in church.
  • Lukus 26 Dec 2019 11:16:13 23,999 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    In this instance I would have preferred the generic chocolate or deodorant gift.
    I think she knew from my rubbish grateful acting. I tried my best but I'm not great at insincerity.
  • RawShark 26 Dec 2019 12:30:12 1,495 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    In this instance I would have preferred the generic chocolate or deodorant gift.
    I think she knew from my rubbish grateful acting. I tried my best but I'm not great at insincerity.
    Im waaaay too paranoid to be anonymously gifted deodorant. Id immediately start assuming that person (and therefore, every person) thought I had terrible BO.

    Chocolates are at least easily regifted. Pencils... not so much.
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.