Steam and direct download sales Page 802

  • Rogueywon 17 Dec 2020 18:05:31 12,244 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    And Death Stranding is 17 at cdkeys, which I think is the cheapest it's been so far by some margin.
  • sport 17 Dec 2020 18:13:39 17,030 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    And Death Stranding is 17 at cdkeys, which I think is the cheapest it's been so far by some margin.
    I so badly want to play this but I saw that it comes with that Denuvo DRM shit that gets kernel level access or something to your PC and I'm a little paranoid about stuff like that.

    Anyone more knowledgeable about that stuff?
  • Rogueywon 17 Dec 2020 18:21:50 12,244 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @sport Oh god... there's a can of worms.

    There are many different views on this. So far as I can tell, Denuvo isn't doing anything untoward to your PC. There have been some claims that it can reduce performance in games that use it and DF have found evidence of this in some cases, albeit not uniformly.

    But it's not going to break your PC or leak all your details to the Chinese Government (leave that last part to EGS).
  • crashVoodoo 17 Dec 2020 18:22:29 7,174 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 20 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    And Death Stranding is 17 at cdkeys, which I think is the cheapest it's been so far by some margin.
    Egs is giving away 10 coupons again. Makes death stranding 17.49.

    Fenyx rising is 24 with discount
  • challenge_hanukkah 17 Dec 2020 18:24:41 14,311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    sport wrote:
    Rogueywon wrote:
    And Death Stranding is 17 at cdkeys, which I think is the cheapest it's been so far by some margin.
    I so badly want to play this but I saw that it comes with that Denuvo DRM shit that gets kernel level access or something to your PC and I'm a little paranoid about stuff like that.

    Anyone more knowledgeable about that stuff?
    You should ask on the Steam forums.

    Any game will do. It'll have 3 million threads on the subject.
  • Gregolution 17 Dec 2020 18:27:13 11,081 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wow.... as a self confessed Civ 6 addict and fanboi, I pre ordered Humankind well ahead of time, as it looks like good competition. I received an alpha scenario for it yesterday and it's really much better than expected. This could finally be the civ killer.

    Biggest change for me is the points system. There aren't end game win conditions, everyone competes for score - just like a good euro board game (which is exactly what I want). If you go with a militaristic culture, you'll receive a list of challenges to do with being aggressive that you can score points with. Likewise if you pick a cultural culture it will be cultural challenges.

    There's also a shared deed system - basically awards for being the first player to achieve x or y. But they all give you points.

    Beautiful looking game, they've really gone for a professional looking, slick UI.

    I'm very very impressed.
  • sport 17 Dec 2020 18:34:33 17,030 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    sport wrote:
    Rogueywon wrote:
    And Death Stranding is 17 at cdkeys, which I think is the cheapest it's been so far by some margin.
    I so badly want to play this but I saw that it comes with that Denuvo DRM shit that gets kernel level access or something to your PC and I'm a little paranoid about stuff like that.

    Anyone more knowledgeable about that stuff?
    You should ask on the Steam forums.

    Any game will do. It'll have 3 million threads on the subject.
    But they're not challenge_hanukkah!!!
  • Malek86 17 Dec 2020 18:36:15 12,229 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    More Epic coupons... let's see if there's anything worth getting?

    Dead Cells for 5 euro, though it's also on Game Pass... Metro Exodus for the same price... and Borderlands 3 for 10 euro... not a bad outlook.

    I'll probably hold off because my backlog is immense still, but Epic's sales are definitely better than Steam's. I wonder how long the coupon bonanza is gonna last. The Fortnite money will have to dry out eventually.
  • sport 17 Dec 2020 18:38:28 17,030 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    sport wrote:
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    sport wrote:
    Rogueywon wrote:
    And Death Stranding is 17 at cdkeys, which I think is the cheapest it's been so far by some margin.
    I so badly want to play this but I saw that it comes with that Denuvo DRM shit that gets kernel level access or something to your PC and I'm a little paranoid about stuff like that.

    Anyone more knowledgeable about that stuff?
    You should ask on the Steam forums.

    Any game will do. It'll have 3 million threads on the subject.
    But they're not challenge_hanukkah!!!
    But you were bloody spot on - just checked the steam Death Stranding forum and they've just removed Denuvo in an update. \o/
  • crashVoodoo 17 Dec 2020 18:50:56 7,174 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 20 years ago
    Trials rising free today on Ubisoft connect. They're doing a freebie a day for xmas

    Edited by crashVoodoo at 18:51:12 17-12-2020
  • Tomo 17 Dec 2020 18:57:52 19,523 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    Wow.... as a self confessed Civ 6 addict and fanboi, I pre ordered Humankind well ahead of time, as it looks like good competition. I received an alpha scenario for it yesterday and it's really much better than expected. This could finally be the civ killer.

    Biggest change for me is the points system. There aren't end game win conditions, everyone competes for score - just like a good euro board game (which is exactly what I want). If you go with a militaristic culture, you'll receive a list of challenges to do with being aggressive that you can score points with. Likewise if you pick a cultural culture it will be cultural challenges.

    There's also a shared deed system - basically awards for being the first player to achieve x or y. But they all give you points.

    Beautiful looking game, they've really gone for a professional looking, slick UI.

    I'm very very impressed.
    This sounds super promising. I like the idea of a points system too, for online play at least. Civ 6 online usually ends well before time once it's clear who is going to win. A points system might actually lead to players teaming up together to bring down the leader.

    I've got my eye on this, so glad it's coming along nicely!
  • X201 17 Dec 2020 19:00:41 22,082 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've been watching it for a while
    Glad it looks like delivering

    Thread here

    https://community.eurogamer.net/thread/336436
  • captbirdseye 17 Dec 2020 19:29:29 11,131 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Is steam shitting the bed? My download speeds are atrocious.
  • Thorbz 17 Dec 2020 20:14:54 238 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Steam d/l speeds seem OK to me.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 17 Dec 2020 20:50:47 4,428 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    More Epic coupons... let's see if there's anything worth getting?

    Dead Cells for 5 euro, though it's also on Game Pass... Metro Exodus for the same price... and Borderlands 3 for 10 euro... not a bad outlook.

    I'll probably hold off because my backlog is immense still, but Epic's sales are definitely better than Steam's. I wonder how long the coupon bonanza is gonna last. The Fortnite money will have to dry out eventually.
    I had wondered if they had discontinued them when their BF sale didn't have them but seems they are atill avout. Not sure what I want with them as I prefer games not on EGS so usually only buy ones that require 3rd party installers like Uplay. The EA Star Wars games are a possibility though...

    As for Death Stranding, now that the Denuvo is gone I hope 505 follow up on Control and release it on GOG (even if the whole Devotion thing is disappointing I still prefer DRMfree...)
  • crashVoodoo 17 Dec 2020 21:22:35 7,174 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 20 years ago
    I don't mind different installers as I just route them all through GOG galaxy now.

    Epics plan has defo come to fruition though. Requiring all my games to be on steam so all in one place is no longer an argument when I have nearly as many on egs as I do steam
  • Dirtbox 17 Dec 2020 21:52:59 92,522 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    sport wrote:
    Rogueywon wrote:
    And Death Stranding is 17 at cdkeys, which I think is the cheapest it's been so far by some margin.
    I so badly want to play this but I saw that it comes with that Denuvo DRM shit that gets kernel level access or something to your PC and I'm a little paranoid about stuff like that.

    Anyone more knowledgeable about that stuff?
    Download a cracked exe from here and forget about it.
  • dfunked09 17 Dec 2020 22:11:33 2,244 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    If you need to download a cracked exe to play a game properly you might as well just go the whole hog...
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 17 Dec 2020 23:47:32 4,428 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    dfunked09 wrote:
    If you need to download a cracked exe to play a game properly you might as well just go the whole hog...
    I remember the old days of having to do that for no cd cracks as was too lazy to go hunt out the discs for what I wanted to play. I did still buy the games though.
  • the_milkybar_kid 18 Dec 2020 08:56:34 8,473 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    And Death Stranding is 17 at cdkeys, which I think is the cheapest it's been so far by some margin.

    Sub 20 was my biting point so I'm all over that. Cheers mate.

    Isn't the steam winter sale on soon?

    Edited by the_milkybar_kid at 08:59:51 18-12-2020
  • waggy79 18 Dec 2020 09:12:49 2,362 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    Rogueywon wrote:
    And Death Stranding is 17 at cdkeys, which I think is the cheapest it's been so far by some margin.

    Sub 20 was my biting point so I'm all over that. Cheers mate.

    Isn't the steam winter sale on soon?
    Also grabbed DS last night, had a short go and it's world is really intriguing. Looking forward to playing some more.

    @the_milkybar_kid I read somewhere it starts on the 22nd.

    Edited by waggy79 at 09:13:56 18-12-2020
  • StixxUK 18 Dec 2020 09:30:14 8,738 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Noted that on the Epic sale with the coupon you can get Disco Elysium for 10.99 (20.99 les 10 voucher)

    Think that's the cheapest I've seen it...
  • Malek86 18 Dec 2020 13:03:19 12,229 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It just occurred to me that it might not be a great idea to buy anything until the last day, because it might be one of the free games.

    Recent and successful stuff like Disco Elysium or Hades should be fine, but something like Metro Exodus, Dead Cells and even Far Cry 5 could well make the cut.
  • dfunked09 18 Dec 2020 13:14:06 2,244 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Had my eye on Disco Elysium for ages, cheers... Another one for the pile of shame!
  • JoeBlade 18 Dec 2020 13:14:52 6,195 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Something caught my eye on Steam: Jurassic Park Evolution is currently 90% off. That's not too shabby for a fairly recent-ish game. It gets pretty good reviews too.

    I'm tempted because I'm quite into the builder genre. Any thumbs up or down from the EG crowd?

    Edit: that's Jurassic World Evolution actually. Whatever.

    Edited by JoeBlade at 13:15:39 18-12-2020
  • dfunked09 18 Dec 2020 13:17:46 2,244 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @JoeBlade
    It's decent enough... Gets pretty repetitive, but I enjoyed my time with it. Switching to ranger view and driving round your park is pretty cool.

    I'd say worth it for a few quid anyway!
  • muddyyfunster 18 Dec 2020 14:07:01 1,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @JoeBlade I played it on PS4 Pro and it's pretty good fun. Theme park with a twist.

    I always need a solid mission structure to get engaged in builder type games, and this has that. I got about 20 or so hours out of it before getting bored. Probably an 8/10 for me.

    n.b. if you like this sort of game, check out Parkitect as it deserves more attention.
  • JoeBlade 18 Dec 2020 14:17:35 6,195 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Cheers lads. Guess I'll be picking that up then :)

    And I know about Parkitect muddy, being an RTC remake it's on my wanted list.
    I'm waiting for a discount though. It's not that expensive as is and I definitely like the genre but for some reason I'm just terrible at RTC. I can't design a decent roller coaster for the life of me so I tend not to get all that much value out of those games :/
  • JoeBlade 18 Dec 2020 14:18:53 6,195 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    That's RCT obviously, not RTC. Me acronym not so gud.
  • muddyyfunster 18 Dec 2020 16:19:35 1,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oddworld: New and Tasty is today's Epic store freebie.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.