Home Cinema advice Page 38

Next Last
  • Dougs 12 Oct 2018 15:54:49 89,122 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Basically, I'll never realistically save up. It's a case of doing it in stages or not at all.
  • Armoured_Bear 13 Feb 2019 15:44:25 26,678 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd love to get rid of my rear speakers (20 year old Mordaunt Short Bookshelf Speakers) and replace them with something much more discrete.

I came across these Dali wall mounted speakers that look perfect (bar the price), anyone have any experience with speakers like that?

• Technoishmatt 13 Feb 2019 16:00:22 3,394 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nope, but I really want some KEF T series speakers. Think I will upgrade to those when I have my house.

Though - those Dali speakers donít seem that expensive (if they are good quality)?

Edited by Technoishmatt at 16:03:11 13-02-2019
  • Armoured_Bear 13 Feb 2019 16:23:35 26,678 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Technoishmatt wrote:
    Nope, but I really want some KEF T series speakers. Think I will upgrade to those when I have my house.

Though - those Dali speakers donít seem that expensive (if they are good quality)?
    No, I thought the price was per speaker not per pair.
  • gamingdave 13 Feb 2019 17:01:41 4,789 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I spent a lot of time looking at the Dali and the KEF when I was planning a new cinema room (which got scrapped when I had to relocate down south). I didn't get round to auditioning any, but did lots of reading and the reviews (not that there were loads) were generally positive, as long as they were used as intended.

The only real issue, which isn't an issue in a dedicated room, is once they are on the wall, they are fixed in position. So you really have to plan, and moving furniture around later could mean they are not optimally positioned.

I find with rears positioning to be less of a concern than fronts through, and if your amp/receiver has room correction at least distance will be less of an issue.
  • Armoured_Bear 13 Feb 2019 17:29:33 26,678 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    gamingdave wrote:
    I spent a lot of time looking at the Dali and the KEF when I was planning a new cinema room (which got scrapped when I had to relocate down south). I didn't get round to auditioning any, but did lots of reading and the reviews (not that there were loads) were generally positive, as long as they were used as intended.

The only real issue, which isn't an issue in a dedicated room, is once they are on the wall, they are fixed in position. So you really have to plan, and moving furniture around later could mean they are not optimally positioned.

I find with rears positioning to be less of a concern than fronts through, and if your amp/receiver has room correction at least distance will be less of an issue.
    I won't be moving furniture around and I have a Denon 4400 with the Audyssey room correction so should be fine :)
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.