Official Borderlands Thread Page 199

Next Last
  • robthehermit 22 Jun 2019 00:04:35 7,838 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah, B3 is going to be one of probably the only 2 games I plan on buying this year. The other one being Torchlight 2.
  • crashVoodoo 22 Jun 2019 01:04:52 6,680 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    very rare i purchase a full price game these days and a pre-order is like rocking horse shit for me...

i've sold off some ps4 shit i'm not playing, ready to purchase...
  • Deleted user 22 June 2019 18:45:40
    I'm properly addicted to 2. There is truly no better feeling than getting that perfect gun - in my case, a Jacobs revolver with 14 rounds and something like 3x zoom. Absolutely melts everything, especially if I've slagged them first.
  • Nanocrystal 22 Jun 2019 23:26:06 2,134 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Axton's double slagging turrets are making UVHM a breeze. Going with the standard Bee + Unkempt Harold combo for the most part.
  • gooner77 23 Jun 2019 11:40:28 1,491 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Quite enjoyed getting back into B2 in the run-up to B3.

I might even give Tales from the Borderlands a go too. Just found it lurking, forgotten in my games library.

One concern I have about watching E3 footage of B3 is that it doesn't look vastly different.
  • crashVoodoo 23 Jun 2019 14:02:51 6,680 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    My only real gripe from B2 was that the Legendary gear was nigh-on impossible to get. I think I only got them in the end when I'd completed everything and decided to hack my Xbox save file

Edited by crashVoodoo at 14:03:15 23-06-2019
  • DrStrangelove 23 Jun 2019 14:20:19 15,216 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @crashVoodoo

Legendaries are extremely rare to find from common loot sources, you have to farm bosses that have one or two specific legendaries in their loot pool they sometimes drop. Uranus from the new DLC drops a lot of random legendaries and rainbows.

Farming isn't very useful in normal mode though, it's mostly a thing in ultimate vault hunter mode.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 14:23:43 23-06-2019
  • hedben2013 24 Jun 2019 08:12:19 1,617 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I did wonder whether I should go back and repeatedly hit Uranus
  • JoeBlade 24 Jun 2019 09:26:21 5,109 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    So Uranus is the stuff of legends?

/coat
  • crashVoodoo 24 Jun 2019 22:23:09 6,680 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Can't decide if I should plump for the deluxe or go whole hog and get the season pass as well ...
  • crashVoodoo 26 Jun 2019 16:01:52 6,680 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    pre-ordered the super deluxe butt stallion edition for 63
  • Deleted user 6 July 2019 09:42:31
    Got the Fibber and it's shite
  • DrStrangelove 6 Jul 2019 10:10:32 15,216 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @GoatApocalypse

There are 3 versions of it, there's a "shotgun" version (which I'm currently using and it's surprisingly good actually imo), there's a ricocheting bullet version which apparently can be exploited with a Bee shield and/or Gaige's skills, and there's another ricocheting one but the bullets fly in an arc and leave a white trail and do very high critical damage. This one is completely useless in my opinion.

• crashVoodoo 19 Aug 2019 01:12:09 6,680 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Anybody been doing this VIP shit?
    Got myself a level 10 epic assault rifle, some skins and I'm one redeem away from a legendary maliwan to play with on day 1. It'll probably be shit but it was only 40 minutes of my time to whizz through the activities...

Shameless invite link
    https://borderlands.com/en-US/vip/?_cts_=mMErZjtf

Or alternatively the non-invite link
    https://borderlands.com/en-US/vip

Edited by crashVoodoo at 01:18:51 19-08-2019
  • KRadiation 19 Aug 2019 08:51:32 1,524 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    yeah I did enough to get the free things for BL3. Got a good number of high powered things for 2 while I was at it as well which was nice as I'm about at the end of ultimate vault hunter mode now.
    I'm hoping 3 has more end game to it though than just replaying the game but everyone levelled up
  • crashVoodoo 21 Aug 2019 12:48:05 6,680 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    VIP codes if you want more points

-Vault
    LOADINGBAR
    BL3FREVENTVIP
    GAMEVIP
    Skagbait
    PWR2PLYRS
    MAYHEMPRIDE
    MAYHEM
    HALVERHAHN
    CRUMPOCALYPSE
    BONERFART
    BL3MUSEUMCOSPLAY
    Childrenofthevault - worth 1k points valid till aug26th

-Email
    SOHAPPYTOGETHER
    POWERUPEMAIL
    ONTHEHUNT
    MYMAIN
    FRESHBOOTY
    CLAPTASTIC
    BL3REVEAL
    HEYSUGAR
    Dasherz

-Creator
    GREGORONKH

Edited by crashVoodoo at 12:49:55 21-08-2019
  • Mayhem64 21 Aug 2019 17:24:05 1,068 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cheers, seems I missed quite a few Vault codes there.
  • hedben2013 23 Aug 2019 20:52:07 1,617 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Anybody been doing this VIP shit?
    Got myself a level 10 epic assault rifle, some skins and I'm one redeem away from a legendary maliwan to play with on day 1. It'll probably be shit but it was only 40 minutes of my time to whizz through the activities...

Shameless invite link

Are all the weapons 4000 reward points, and if so how TF did you get enough points to redeem 7 out of the 8 required for the legendary Maliwan? I just redeemed every code from the post above for a total of 7950 points, or just less than 2 guns' worth
  • DrStrangelove 23 Aug 2019 21:29:56 15,216 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @hedben2013 take a look at the activities page (from the "insiders" menu). A few of them (like visit our FB/Instagram/etc.) can be redeemed once a week. Also there are many more codes shared online, I follow @Borderlands and--most importantly-- @dgShiftCodes on Twitter for them.

You can try to use all the codes in their feed although I'm not sure if they expire at some point.

I've been doing this from the beginning and totalled about 35,000 points so far, without any friend invites or anything.

I won't spend any of them on BL3 weapons though as they're going to be obsolete a few levels higher anyway. I first got all the heads and skins in case they're exclusive to this, and for the rest I'll probably get a few top-level BL2 weapons like the Norfleet which is very hard to obtain in-game.
  • hedben2013 23 Aug 2019 21:54:09 1,617 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @DrStrangelove thanks, got it. Sounds like it needs more organisation and attentiveness than I have, I was hoping I could just hit it once and get enough for the legendary... but as you say, it'll still be worthless after a bit of levelling anyway.
  • crashVoodoo 1 Sep 2019 11:39:28 6,680 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Shameless invite link again ;-)

code points type
    LESSTHANTHREE 250 email
    BUILDURSQUAD 250 email
    OVERCLOCKED 250 email
    FORTNITEXMAYHEM 250 email
    GODSDONTNEGOTIATE 250 vault
    TWOWEEKS 250 vault
    VIP-PAXINIT 100 vault
    VIP-PAXALAX 100 vault
    VIP-SUPERPAX 100 vault
    VIP-EATINGPAX 100 vault
    JVMVIP 250 vault
    VIP-LOOTPAX 100 vault
    VIP-PAXSCAVENGER 100 vault
    PAXSCAVENGER 100 vault
    VIP-PAXATYA 100 vault
    VIP-PAXATTACK 100 vault
    VIP-TAKEITTOTHEPAX 100 vault
    VIP-PAXTASTIC 100 vault
    SMARTOYSVIP 100 vault
    MEDIAMARKTVIP 100 vault
    Bolvip 100 vault
    GAMEMANIAVIP 100 vault
    ALLYOURGAMESVIP 100 vault
    NEDGAMEVIP 100 vault
    YOURGAMEZONEVIP 100 vault

Edited by crashVoodoo at 11:44:49 01-09-2019
  • Flying_Pig 19 Jun 2020 21:12:53 16,625 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    BUMP

So I'm currently (re)playing through the original Borderlands after this got a release on the Switch.

I'm still pretty early on (lvl 14/15) and haven't fought Sledge yet, but the main things I'd forgotten about this are:
    - how dark and brown it all was - by comparison BL3 is practically neon!
    - how pretty tough it was - especially in the early stages. Even Skags take a lot of killing and you can find yourself getting killed on the way to the main fight/dungeon if you're not careful
    - BL1 is much less generous on the quality of drops - even Greens are pretty unusual and I think I've had one blue and one purple weapon so far. In BL3 I never even looked at a white weapon.
    - how much I miss the QOL improvements they made in both BL2 and BL3. That said, at least the menu is simple and lag-free :)

It actually plays perfectly well on the Switch, and the gyro aiming is great. I'll try BL2 at some point as well.
  • JoeBlade 19 Jun 2020 21:26:57 5,109 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'm playing it again as well at the moment. I got a hunter up to lvl 22 and a soldier to lvl 10 or something.

I don't have BL3 and haven't touched the pre-sequel yet (though I did get that in a bundle deal) but BL1 & 2 aren't too far removed from one another in terms of difficulty, aesthetic and loot IMO.
    I can't deny though that the aesthetic of the first couple of regions in BL1 is very samey, a lot of brown indeed. Unless my memory fails me that changes later on and particularly in the DLC regions as well.

The QOL improvements I can't argue with. However, we have most of them in BL1 too now with the GOTY Enhanced edition (on PC), which is the reason I restarted playing BL1 in the first place. Don't you have them on Switch as well?

The one thing I didn't notice yet and am a bit surprised about is lack of bullet drop in BL1, which was apparently only introduced in BL2. I honestly can't tell the difference (unless I was simply misinformed and there actually isn't any, obviously)
  • Graxlar_v3 22 Jun 2020 16:30:42 10,233 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finished Borderlands 1 for the first time today (on switch). It played well enough for me to beat it, but man i hope they fixed the loot drops in 2. I had the same SMG from lvl 12 - finish because nothing really outshone it. Still was fun to play when my kid was watching crap tv and i needed to turn my brain off.

Will give it a break before playing 2, I might start invisible or xcom 2 for a change of pace.

How is the borderlands 1 dlc? IS it worth playing? also, how much grinding do you need to do to get to max level as i finished the game on 36 and did 99% of the side quests.
  • Phattso 22 Jun 2020 17:01:39 25,492 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I was massively MASSIVELY in love with BL1. The DLC is a bit grinds, but I think two of the four packs are excellent. One was a Hallowe'en themed one, and the other I forget. As always with these games, a bit dry in single player - but they absolutely shine in co-op.

BL2 stepped its game up massively, and possibly went too far the other way on loot drops. :)

I'm working my way (slowly) through BL3 in co-op now, and it's great to be back in that gameplay loop.
  • DrStrangelove 22 Jun 2020 17:10:13 15,216 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Finished Borderlands 1 for the first time today (on switch). It played well enough for me to beat it, but man i hope they fixed the loot drops in 2. I had the same SMG from lvl 12 - finish because nothing really outshone it.
    Yeah that definitely doesn't happen in BL2. In BL1, damage scaled linearly with level. Because that led to the problem you mentioned, they introduced exponential increase in BL2, meaning any weapon will have twice the damage of the same weapon 6 levels lower, 4 times that of 12 levels lower etc. so that using weapons 20 levels below isn't a thing anymore.

How is the borderlands 1 dlc? IS it worth playing?
    Yes it's really good, except the Underdome--however that has the benefit of giving you a bank to store items in.

also, how much grinding do you need to do to get to max level as i finished the game on 36 and did 99% of the side quests.
    Wish I could tell you but it's been ages since I played.
  • DrStrangelove 22 Jun 2020 17:15:34 15,216 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    I was massively MASSIVELY in love with BL1. The DLC is a bit grinds, but I think two of the four packs are excellent. One was a Hallowe'en themed one, and the other I forget.
    Yeah that's Dr. Ned's Zombie Island and The Secret Armory of General Knoxx. Claptrap's Robot Revolution was fine although not on the same level I think. Underdome is a meme, generally considered the worst DLC of the entire series.

BL2 stepped its game up massively, and possibly went too far the other way on loot drops.
    Yeah weapons were getting useless pretty quickly, and it led to ludicrous damage numbers at level 90, like rocket launchers with 3 x 30 million damage. They kept the system but slowed it down somewhat for BL3, now damage doubles every 8 levels (not every 6 anymore) which definitely is a better balance.
  • Phattso 22 Jun 2020 17:19:39 25,492 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah - in BL2 I sometimes wouldn't bother picking up epic loot because I just new there'd be something else in a few minutes anyway. Definitely not feeling that in BL3. :)
  • Phattso 22 Jun 2020 17:20:48 25,492 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Oh, and Dr. Ned's Zombie Island was the first bit of DLC that made me think "you know what, maybe this DLC malarkey isn't consumer unfriendly after all!"

Don't feel that very often any more, I'd have to say. But there are still some add-ons that make me feel the same way.
  • DrStrangelove 22 Jun 2020 17:55:33 15,216 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, I mean there's a lot of shit going on with DLC, but if you make a big base game and then make big expansions that are really worth their price, that's fine.

BL2 and TPS had a lot of paid DLC in the form of extra characters, holiday events, cosmetic items etc. which was a little shady. All that stuff is optional, so ok. However they also had level cap increases hidden behind pay walls, which isn't quite so optional if you're playing co-op with players who have that. That wasn't great. However BL2 base game and the campaign DLCs were even bigger than those of BL1, so there was a lot of great value DLC.

All the more I credit them for taking a big step back with BL3, they've added a lot of extra content already and all of it was free, including the level cap increases. To this day, there's no other paid DLC for BL3 than the campaigns. And again base game and DLC are even bigger now, so again great value.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.