Worst music/music that annoys you Page 38

• richarddavies 6 Mar 2020 09:32:28 8,208 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    I mean even from the steps she's taken not to be sexualised and the way she's open about her mental health issues is really refreshing. Poor show Tonka, I really feel like you've let us, and more importantly, yourself down.

I know I wasnt exactly positive about her, but jesus Tonks that's a bit strong. Shes only a kid.

Edited by richarddavies at 09:33:06 06-03-2020
  • Tonka 6 Mar 2020 11:12:58 31,779 posts
    Seen 49 seconds ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    You just wait until I tell you what I think of her music.

I don't like it. Not. One. Bit. Although... it's better than reggae. So not the worst thing ever. But still. [I wouldn't pay to listen to it. That's for sure./spoiler]
  • challenge_hanukkah 6 Mar 2020 11:13:51 14,118 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You don't like reggae?

Fucking racist.
  • IronGiant 6 Mar 2020 11:26:47 6,288 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Pretty much everything in the charts, including Billie Eilish, Stormzy and Dave. Utter tripe.
  • Decks 6 Mar 2020 11:34:07 29,723 posts
    Seen 39 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
  • Thorbz 6 Mar 2020 11:39:22 238 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Bit of a blast from the past, but Sean Paul's 'bibbily bibbily bobbly' noises over the top of music from people who are actually musically gifted never fails to boil my piss.
  • Tonka 6 Mar 2020 13:04:44 31,779 posts
    Seen 49 seconds ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    You don't like reggae?

Fucking racist.
  • richarddavies 6 Mar 2020 13:08:34 8,208 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thorbz wrote:
    Bit of a blast from the past, but Sean Paul's 'bibbily bibbily bobbly' noises over the top of music from people who are actually musically gifted never fails to boil my piss.
    I did get irrationally angry about Pitbull when there was a phase where I think it became an actual rule that he had to be featuring on at least 80% of all pop music released.
  • nickthegun 6 Mar 2020 14:08:07 86,356 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Pop Music has got worse since I were a lad but music has, in general, got better.

The Hit Parade is more beige than its ever been but there’s more interesting music being made at the moment than I can remember and it’s easier to listen to.

I suppose the thing with music being democratised and there being more about than ever is that there’s no ‘big’ artists anymore, which is why every festival is headlined by a band who have been around for at least 25 years or Dua Lipa. Nothing interesting really gets massive anymore.
  • mothercruncher 6 Mar 2020 14:15:27 19,210 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Reggae just sounds like slightly funked up children’s nursery rhymes. I can leave 90% of it.
  • JYM60 6 Mar 2020 14:44:13 18,906 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    What I don't understand is Glastonbury. I have never been, and probably never will, but I thought that the idea was that it was meant to be more for bands and rock music. Is that completely incorrect.?

I seen the headline for this year is Taylor Swift. Does anyone actually want that?
  • JYM60 6 Mar 2020 14:45:02 18,906 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Or is it an excuse to get wankered on drugs, and nobody cares about the acts?
  • nickthegun 6 Mar 2020 14:55:12 86,356 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Like I say, name five bands from the last ten years who could headline a stage at Glastonbury. There just aren’t any stadium bands anymore, so you get Taylor Swift.
  • richarddavies 6 Mar 2020 15:01:10 8,208 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nice little read. Headline acts over the years at Glastonbury.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/look-headliners-glastonbury-festival-1970-47265
  • Zomoniac 6 Mar 2020 15:07:53 10,475 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    JYM60 wrote:
    What I don't understand is Glastonbury. I have never been, and probably never will, but I thought that the idea was that it was meant to be more for bands and rock music. Is that completely incorrect.?

I seen the headline for this year is Taylor Swift. Does anyone actually want that?
    I absolutely want that. She's one of the best pop songwriters in the world, puts on a great show, and has never played there before.

Give me something new and different instead of 3 dull guitar indie bands any day.
  • Decks 6 Mar 2020 15:08:34 29,723 posts
    Seen 39 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    To be fair the girl does have sass.
  • RyanDS 6 Mar 2020 15:11:01 13,958 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    JYM60 wrote:

Used to go every year. It used to be rock and indie and fun. Then they started doing shit like Kanye.

Fuck that.
  • richarddavies 6 Mar 2020 15:11:47 8,208 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shes one of the best songwriters in the world?
    What the fuck is happening?
  • Deleted user 6 March 2020 15:13:11
    Zomoniac wrote:
    JYM60 wrote:

I absolutely want that. She's one of the best pop songwriters in the world, puts on a great show, and has never played there before.

Give me something new and different instead of 3 dull guitar indie bands any day.
    Not sure if serious
  • Zomoniac 6 Mar 2020 15:15:57 10,475 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    Shes one of the best songwriters in the world?
    What the fuck is happening?
    Nothing much is happening. She keeps writing songs, and they're mostly very good. The album prior to her latest had a fair bit of shit, and all her albums are a bit too long, but she'd put out 7 albums by the time she was 30, all of which had some amazing tracks, so that probably qualifies her as a great songwriter.
  • Zomoniac 6 Mar 2020 15:17:55 10,475 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    Zomoniac wrote:
    JYM60 wrote:

Not sure if serious
    Absolutely. I want them to be prioritising on either going down new routes, like Swift and Stormzy, or getting legends that haven't played before (I don't always like the bands, but I fully appreciate that getting bands like U2 and the Rolling Stones in is a good thing in general). The traditional "here's Coldplay, Muse and Arctic Monkeys, enjoy" should be a last resort.
  • richarddavies 6 Mar 2020 15:18:48 8,208 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shes got some catchy songs, yes, but I dont think that qualifies you as one of the greatest songwriters in the world. I can still remember the chorus to teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini 30 years later, it doesnt mean it's the pinnacle of songwriting.
  • Deleted user 6 March 2020 15:18:50
    “My ex-man brought his new girlfriend, she’s like ‘oh my god,’ but I’m just gonna shake”

Top stuff.
  • JoeBlade 6 Mar 2020 15:22:15 6,031 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Like I say, name five bands from the last ten years who could headline a stage at Glastonbury. There just aren’t any stadium bands anymore, so you get Taylor Swift.
    I've been thinking that for several years as well now although I'm really not sure what's changed.
    I was happy to pay top dollar for a concert/festival but not to see Foo Fighters or Green Day yet again. I've seen some of those bands five times or more, some even over a dozen times. No matter how much I like them that's too much. There's, as you say, just no fresh blood to replace them.

I sort of stopped going to concerts because of it.
  • richarddavies 6 Mar 2020 15:23:24 8,208 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I stay out too late
    Got nothing in my brain
    That's what people say, mmm-mmm
    I go on to many dates
    But I can't make them stay
    At least that's what people say, mmm-mmm
    But I keep cruising
    Can't stop, won't stop moving
    It's like I got this music
    In my mine
    Saying, "It's gonna be alright
    'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off
    Heart-breakers gonna break, break, break, break, break
    And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

Actually, I think I've been converted. Thought provoking.
  • Zomoniac 6 Mar 2020 15:26:48 10,475 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    What’s wrong with it exactly? And there’s more to music than lyrics. Who would you like to see headline in her place?
  • Deleted user 6 March 2020 15:27:43
    Tay tay superfan in the house
  • Deleted user 6 March 2020 15:31:09
    I'd rather listen to the sound of my brain being ripped out of my skull through my ears than listen to that shite live
  • richarddavies 6 Mar 2020 15:31:20 8,208 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I dont think anyone suggested theres anything wrong with it per say. Just the suggestion that the lyrics are some of the greatest in the world.
  • Rum_Monkey 6 Mar 2020 15:31:48 2,666 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Zom loves hannah Montana doesn't he?
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.