Following Motorsport Page 1150

  • Psychotext 27 Aug 2018 11:05:53 63,915 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yes, after being told he was looking like a petulant child again.

    You don't get the benefit of the doubt when you repeatedly do something. Lets not forget the "interesting tactics" of a few weeks back and him / Mercedes accusing Ferrari of getting around the regulations with their energy systems.
  • SolidSCB 27 Aug 2018 11:48:20 10,394 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's the one.

    It's very easy to go "Yeah, he said something stupid there, but it happens", but it's repeatedly, and coincidentally usually after he's been beaten.

    You just can't give the benefit of the doubt, because that's Lewis Hamilton, that's who he is and no amount of apologetic Instagram posts made after he's been called out for being a tit again are going to change that.
  • SolidSCB 27 Aug 2018 11:59:16 10,394 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looking at some frame by frame shots this morning at various angles of the first corner crash, and it really does look like the Halo saved Leclerc's skin on that one.

    I mean the tyre may very well have still missed his head, but it's great that the 'what ifs' have been removed.
  • brokenkey 27 Aug 2018 12:57:24 9,943 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Yes, after being told he was looking like a petulant child again.

    You don't get the benefit of the doubt when you repeatedly do something. Lets not forget the "interesting tactics" of a few weeks back and him / Mercedes accusing Ferrari of getting around the regulations with their energy systems.
    The newspaper report puts quotes that in the context of the same continuous interview, not a comment he came out much later and said after he'd been briefed by his management.

    Still, good to see the spirit of Danb24 lives on. As long as you lot aren't hating on him for the same reasons Dan was.
  • brokenkey 27 Aug 2018 12:57:45 9,943 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Looking at some frame by frame shots this morning at various angles of the first corner crash, and it really does look like the Halo saved Leclerc's skin on that one.

    I mean the tyre may very well have still missed his head, but it's great that the 'what ifs' have been removed.
    https://t.co/SEqB3wvFMz
  • Psychotext 27 Aug 2018 17:03:20 63,915 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    The newspaper report puts quotes that in the context of the same continuous interview, not a comment he came out much later and said after he'd been briefed by his management.
    The interview we're discussing was the podium interview... before his management had had a chance to get near him. That one came much later (so it's worse in fact because he's repeating the same shit).

    Did you even watch the race?

    Edited by Psychotext at 17:04:15 27-08-2018
  • AaronTurner 27 Aug 2018 20:45:16 10,095 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Just watching the race now. Fuck me DRS has totally neutered this beautiful track. There are zero battles on track, just push the button and pass overtakes.
  • AaronTurner 27 Aug 2018 20:48:40 10,095 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wow, the stats that the new F1 company give during the race are uttter dung. "The height difference between eau rouge and radillion is 22 metres, that's 3 meters higher than all 20 F1 cars stacked together.".

    Brilliant. Insightful. Just what I needed the know.
  • Psychotext 28 Aug 2018 00:30:08 63,915 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    :D
  • the_milkybar_kid 28 Aug 2018 10:17:17 7,677 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    brokenkey wrote:
    The newspaper report puts quotes that in the context of the same continuous interview, not a comment he came out much later and said after he'd been briefed by his management.
    The interview we're discussing was the podium interview... before his management had had a chance to get near him. That one came much later (so it's worse in fact because he's repeating the same shit).

    Did you even watch the race?
    He knew exactly what he was doing in the initial interview, smirking as soon as he said it. Support him because he's British, whatever. But I can't in good conscience get behind someone that's got previous for, and still acts like a massive, spoiled dickhead.
  • thelzdking 28 Aug 2018 11:13:51 8,610 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hamilton isn't as utterly hateful as DanB24 thought, but he has definitely got an acute case of wanker.
  • AaronTurner 28 Aug 2018 11:29:03 10,095 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    He's one of the few drivers to have outwardly lied in order to steal points from another driver.
  • brokenkey 28 Aug 2018 12:38:41 9,943 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    brokenkey wrote:
    The newspaper report puts quotes that in the context of the same continuous interview, not a comment he came out much later and said after he'd been briefed by his management.
    The interview we're discussing was the podium interview... before his management had had a chance to get near him. That one came much later (so it's worse in fact because he's repeating the same shit).

    Did you even watch the race?
    I watched the race but didn't pay much attention to the Brundle interviews (there weren't any interviews on the podium - what did you watch?)...so I went back and watched them this morning.

    A few points
    - Lewis says the Ferrari has some "trick things going on". No other references. C4 coverage made a meal of it thereafter.
    - Lewis describes what was basically a boring race - Vettel cruised passed him like he wasn't there. Nothing else happened for Hamilton for the rest of the race so what exactly could he add here?
    - Lewis and Max V spoke for pretty much the same amount of time, but Max had a more interesting race, so Max was more upbeat (plus all the orange fans cheering him).

    I know I'm a Lewis fan, but try this. Imagine you've had the fastest car, but then you spend an hour and a half driving round a track following your opponent and finish second. What do you say for 30 seconds?
    a) you thank the team (and maybe fans)
    b) you describe the race ("he cruised past me and I couldn't catch him")
    c) you express admiration for the speed of the other car.

    What else would you have left to say?

    Edited by brokenkey at 12:45:42 28-08-2018
  • Psychotext 28 Aug 2018 12:44:24 63,915 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Those are the "podium" interviews (Brundle).
  • Graxlar_v3 28 Aug 2018 14:41:35 4,432 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Looking at some frame by frame shots this morning at various angles of the first corner crash, and it really does look like the Halo saved Leclerc's skin on that one.

    I mean the tyre may very well have still missed his head, but it's great that the 'what ifs' have been removed.
    https://t.co/SEqB3wvFMz
    Fair play to him though. He has a car rocket over him and then (seemingly) calmly takes the corner and then parks up out of harms way, presumably to change his trousers
  • up_the_ante 29 Aug 2018 04:32:17 786 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
  • Saucy 29 Aug 2018 10:12:34 2,754 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The great Hamilton paradox, behind the wheel he is probably the most sporting driver on the grid, and certainly the most sporting amongst the all time greats of F1.

    Behind the microphone he's very different. The media were well within their rights to run with his comments from the Brundle interview.
  • Saucy 29 Aug 2018 10:12:59 2,754 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also, having caught up last night, DRS ruined that race.
  • shamblemonkee 29 Aug 2018 14:03:42 17,940 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    DRS ruins every race. It never performs it function correctly and actually robs us of any of the part of racing that was interesting - the duel, not the pass.

    It's also largely why other teams don't fight outside their immediate rivals so much anymore as with DRS the top teams get a push to pass anyway.

    i effing hate it.
  • up_the_ante 29 Aug 2018 14:13:47 786 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Youíre better off starting second at spa because youíre just a sitting duck starting on pole
  • Saucy 29 Aug 2018 23:10:48 2,754 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think DRS has a place in some places (Hungary is a good example) but you want to see drivers have a chance going into the braking zone, not cruising past 500m earlier. The worst part about Spa is it totally neutralises Blanchement and the Bus Stop as there is literally no point attacking there.
  • AaronTurner 31 Aug 2018 19:56:32 10,095 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Iíve been saying it for a long time, DRS is an accident waiting to happen if it ever faults and doesnít close. Looks like Ericsson was a lucky boy today.
  • RyanDS 2 Sep 2018 14:30:14 12,168 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Enjoying this. Nice to see some overtaking in the early laps.
  • superdelphinus 2 Sep 2018 15:04:24 9,941 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You know at least two of these front three are going to collide with each other soon
  • TheSaint 2 Sep 2018 15:16:37 18,036 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Max is such a dirty bastard.
  • SolidSCB 2 Sep 2018 15:24:54 10,394 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fucking gutted.
  • TheSaint 2 Sep 2018 15:30:31 18,036 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That result really pissed in the tifosiís cornflakes.

    Great stuff.
  • SolidSCB 2 Sep 2018 15:33:37 10,394 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "Absolute brilliance from the Mercedes team".

    Seem to remember an entirely different rhetoric when Raikkonen was used as a human chicane in Hungary last year 🤔
  • JanetSnakehole 2 Sep 2018 15:53:10 406 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    We should take a moment to remember user Dan.
  • DangerousDave_87 2 Sep 2018 21:06:09 5,238 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm kinda gutted Raikkonen didn't win today.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.