Motorsport Page 1201

    Next Last
  • HarryB 25 Mar 2020 17:28:46 7,551 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    I've been playing F1 2018 on game pass. Is there a huge leap between 18 and 19?
    The 2019 demo is currently allowing you to play the full game for 30 days - I saw it announced by codies a few days ago
  • HarryB 25 Mar 2020 17:28:46 7,551 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    I've been playing F1 2018 on game pass. Is there a huge leap between 18 and 19?
    The 2019 demo is currently allowing you to play the full game for 30 days - I saw it announced by codies a few days ago
  • up_the_ante 25 Mar 2020 17:52:29 1,241 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @HarryB Thanks - I didn't know that. Downloading now.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 25 Mar 2020 17:53:52 2,238 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Apparently not:
    https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/48548-f1-2019-free-trial-official-statement/
  • Nitrous 26 Mar 2020 06:44:17 1,934 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/937541/1/rossi-drops-out-motogp-virtual-race

    This could be entertaining. Don't normally bother with watching virtual races (gt sport ect) but I'll give this a try as it'll on bt sport anyway.
  • AaronTurner 26 Mar 2020 08:10:54 11,798 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I donít really get drivers playing MotoGP, yeah I guess itís a sim but the control schemes havenít been figured out for motorbikes. Iím presuming these guys will be using a control pad. Very different to car drivers racing in rFactor.
  • SnackPlissken 26 Mar 2020 08:37:30 1,604 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    AboutHalfaStevas wrote:
    Apparently not:
    https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/48548-f1-2019-free-trial-official-statement/
    Oh.. I think I'll stick with game pass for the time being then. I see because of the interest in esports prices have rocketed up. Great times...
  • Nitrous 26 Mar 2020 08:39:19 1,934 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @AaronTurner No getting round the fact there isn't much of an alternative to a pad for bike games. Id like to see some TT riders do something similar with TT Ride on the Edge 2 that's recently been released.
  • muddyyfunster 26 Mar 2020 11:38:40 83 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @AaronTurner Completely agree. It just means I'm not interested in the same way that I have no desire to see two footballers play each other at FIFA. There's probably still a market for that, but I would imagine most motorsport fans will feel similarly.

    Does anyone know if/how the MotoGP teams run simulations and do their prep away from the track? Must be different to the four-wheel equivalent but I presume they must do something as it's got to be cheaper than going testing and test days are also limited.

    I'd never really considered how they'd replicate the rider inputs. You'd think they'd have some sort of setup better than a control pad. Maybe they can base an esports series on whatever tools they use for that?

    Edited by muddyyfunster at 11:40:59 26-03-2020

    Edited by muddyyfunster at 11:41:10 26-03-2020
  • KD 26 Mar 2020 11:42:30 2,520 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @muddyyfunster Not sure on who uses it but this exists https://www.gp-bikes.com/
  • muddyyfunster 26 Mar 2020 11:46:42 83 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Actually, I'd give it a try if they got ten riders in a studio using something like this: https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/arcade_machines/new_namco_arcade_machines/moto-gp-arcade-machine.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwpfHzBRCiARIsAHHzyZrEz2_Jnopl0Ry4Zok_KG9EPP5KZ4ArYvrNxLDMiHBUPkuo0LSeAl8aAgA3EALw_wcB
  • muddyyfunster 26 Mar 2020 11:57:34 83 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Watched a bit of the Team Redline race last night via Norris' twitch. Had a field of over 40 mostly professional elite drivers at Barcelona all using 911s with the same fixed setup.

    Verstappen won and was consistently almost half a second faster than the rest of the field. I don't like the guy, but I have to admit that it was seriously impressive to have that kind of margin with everything equal. Lando said Max had been taking it very seriously and practising more than everyone else but still, it was a bit special.
  • AaronTurner 26 Mar 2020 13:30:37 11,798 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    muddyyfunster wrote:
    @AaronTurner Completely agree. It just means I'm not interested in the same way that I have no desire to see two footballers play each other at FIFA. There's probably still a market for that, but I would imagine most motorsport fans will feel similarly.

    Does anyone know if/how the MotoGP teams run simulations and do their prep away from the track? Must be different to the four-wheel equivalent but I presume they must do something as it's got to be cheaper than going testing and test days are also limited.

    I'd never really considered how they'd replicate the rider inputs. You'd think they'd have some sort of setup better than a control pad. Maybe they can base an esports series on whatever tools they use for that?

    Edited by muddyyfunster at 11:40:59 26-03-2020
    It does seem a very difficult thing to simulate. I think riders actually turn out of a corner rather than into it, it's the leaning that does the turning.
  • RyanDS 26 Mar 2020 18:47:37 13,075 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    muddyyfunster wrote:
    @AaronTurner Completely agree. It just means I'm not interested in the same way that I have no desire to see two footballers play each other at FIFA. There's probably still a market for that, but I would imagine most motorsport fans will feel similarly.

    Does anyone know if/how the MotoGP teams run simulations and do their prep away from the track? Must be different to the four-wheel equivalent but I presume they must do something as it's got to be cheaper than going testing and test days are also limited.

    I'd never really considered how they'd replicate the rider inputs. You'd think they'd have some sort of setup better than a control pad. Maybe they can base an esports series on whatever tools they use for that?

    Edited by muddyyfunster at 11:40:59 26-03-2020
    It does seem a very difficult thing to simulate. I think riders actually turn out of a corner rather than into it, it's the leaning that does the turning.
    You actually countersteer and turn away from the corner to lean. Then turn towards the corner to bring the bike back up.
  • KD 26 Mar 2020 18:55:19 2,520 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    That GP bikes game uses a steering wheel for your body, I tried the demo and gave up, I'd rather go on iracing if I'm going to learn soomething hard as nails.
  • KD 30 Mar 2020 20:15:31 2,520 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago


    Jenson Button joinned it tonight.
  • JoelStinty 30 Mar 2020 20:57:17 8,630 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    KD wrote:


    Jenson Button joinned it tonight.
    Thanks for posting that. Havnít heard of Redline before. Just been watching the odd race through Broadbent channel.

    Tell you what though, this enforced break from racing as done wonders for the E-sport scene.
  • JoelStinty 30 Mar 2020 20:59:04 8,630 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    I've been playing F1 2018 on game pass. Is there a huge leap between 18 and 19?
    I donít know what differences there are between the two because 2019 was my first F1 game since 2015 I think, but it is great. The F2 cars are fantastic as well and are a great addition to the game
  • JoelStinty 30 Mar 2020 20:59:06 8,630 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    I've been playing F1 2018 on game pass. Is there a huge leap between 18 and 19?
    I donít know what differences there are between the two because 2019 was my first F1 game since 2015 I think, but it is great. The F2 cars are fantastic as well and are a great addition to the game
  • AboutHalfaStevas 30 Mar 2020 22:12:17 2,238 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    When I looked into it a little while ago, reviews seemed to suggest there was quite a step up in visuals and AI. I've not played enough of either to add anything over that, because I stupidly buy games and don't actually play them.
  • SolidSCB 30 Mar 2020 22:45:30 12,228 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The AI is night and day from the last one. Genuine battles for position that don't feel like smoke and mirrors and you don't have to spend what feels like an eternity to find the 'sweet spot' in the settings to make the game actually feel like F1.
  • up_the_ante 30 Mar 2020 22:50:47 1,241 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Helmut Marko being a bit naughty trying to get all the Red Bull drivers to go to a camp and get Covid19 before the season starts. It would be a major advantage if the season only has half the races and your main rivals miss a couple because they've got to isolate.
  • Next Last
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.