Following The Six Nations (Rugby) Thread Page 40

Next Last
  • grey_matters 10 Feb 2019 16:36:33 4,459 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    He really has sorted out his 10 play, I think his old man being out of the camp did him a lot of good
    Yeah, possibly. He has everything you'd need though, so it might have come through anyway.

I like the option of kicking to the corners for May chases though, the potential gains of territory and points starts loading the dice in England's favour as Farrell and May are excellent at executing that game. It is defendable but only if that's your only option, with mixed tactics it is a really successful avenue with the right players.
  • elstoof 10 Feb 2019 16:44:16 22,413 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    May really can shift, like watching Sackey chase down Wilkoís chips
  • boo 10 Feb 2019 16:44:29 13,480 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm no fan of Lawes, but I take my hat off to him for that tackle on Bastareaud.
  • grey_matters 10 Feb 2019 17:06:13 4,459 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Likelihood is an England Grand Slam now.

Wales are good enough to beat them, as are Scotland with the right things going well, but the confidence is back, the squad is deep, and the intensity (except maybe Sinkler's Roy Keane-esque style of intensity) is bang on.
  • Mr_Sleep 10 Feb 2019 17:42:52 22,078 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Yeah, England look the strongest of all. Wales won't have enough to defend that ball for May.
  • elstoof 10 Feb 2019 17:58:55 22,413 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The difference for me is just how dynamic the England forwards are
  • Murbs 10 Feb 2019 18:23:44 24,167 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I've never seen England tackle the way they are at the moment.
  • Alastair 10 Feb 2019 19:14:36 23,091 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    boo wrote:
    Not entirely convinced by that last England try. Are you allowed to hang on to your opponent like that?
    Hard to prove thatís what he was doing rather than scrabbling to get up. Neither of them were getting to the ball anyway so itís moot
    The ref only asked them to check for a knock on, do perhaps that's all they could look for. He specifically said the on field decision was a try. (Or am I thinking about the penalty try)
  • Alastair 10 Feb 2019 19:16:12 23,091 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Murbs wrote:
    I've never seen England tackle the way they are at the moment.
    They also seem to have fixed their susceptibility to being turned over at the break down.
  • elstoof 10 Feb 2019 19:20:02 22,413 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah he only asked the tmo whoís hand the ball bounced off, but I think match officials are within their rights to bring indiscretions to the refís attention
  • Alastair 10 Feb 2019 19:21:13 23,091 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I wonder if the penalty advantage had any bearing..?
  • elstoof 10 Feb 2019 19:34:47 22,413 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Probably not. I donít think any of us wouldíve noticed it without the commentary pointing it out anyway
  • Ddanno 10 Feb 2019 22:17:44 1,324 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The second half was a tedious bit of viewing. Jones was looking bored and angry, never a good sign.
  • docrob 12 Feb 2019 07:45:03 1,095 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    grey_matters wrote:

Wales are good enough to beat them, as are Scotland with the right things going well, but the confidence is back, the squad is deep, and the intensity (except maybe Sinkler's Roy Keane-esque style of intensity) is bang on.
    No danger of Scotland winning at Twickenham. We havenít won there since 1983. Given how we played on Saturday, Iím more worried about a cricket score.
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Feb 2019 07:49:07 25,415 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    docrob wrote:
    grey_matters wrote:

No danger of Scotland winning at Twickenham. We havenít won there since 1983. Given how we played on Saturday, Iím more worried about a cricket score.
    Indeed , Scotlandís annual false dawn continues.
  • docrob 12 Feb 2019 08:02:01 1,095 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    docrob wrote:
    grey_matters wrote:

Well, thatís slightly harsh. Weíre clearly in an entirely different place from where we were just 4 or 5 years ago, but weíre still a way off being actual challengers.
  • y2rich 12 Feb 2019 10:08:58 3,303 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Scotland are looking dangerous when Russell is ticking over but their back row is in pieces at the moment and the way the game is played in the Northern Hemisphere that's a huge loss.
  • docrob 12 Feb 2019 17:53:34 1,095 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    y2rich wrote:
    Scotland are looking dangerous when Russell is ticking over but their back row is in pieces at the moment and the way the game is played in the Northern Hemisphere that's a huge loss.
    Our injury list is ridiculous, especially in the back row.

John Barclay
    Hamish Watson
    Magnus Bradbury
    Dave Denton
    Blade Thomson
    Cornell du Preez
    Luke Hamilton
    John Hardie
    Matt Fagerson
    Sam Skinner (usually a lock but last played at 6)
    Ryan Wilson

All of these players are currently unavailable, though I have to admit I donít honestly know what our best BR would be were they all fit.

Edited by docrob at 17:54:07 12-02-2019
  • elstoof 12 Feb 2019 18:47:24 22,413 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Used to have a great back row with Barclay, Beattie and Brown
  • askew 12 Feb 2019 18:50:36 18,418 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mako out of the rest of the competition :(
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Feb 2019 18:54:41 25,415 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    docrob wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    docrob wrote:
    grey_matters wrote:

Well, thatís slightly harsh. Weíre clearly in an entirely different place from where we were just 4 or 5 years ago, but weíre still a way off being actual challengers.
    Only slightly, while we have more flair, are better to watch and more dangerous, we still have the ability to snatch defeat from the was of victory in any single game. As always.
  • Alastair 12 Feb 2019 18:55:44 23,091 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    askew wrote:
    Mako out of the rest of the competition :(
    Bummer
  • cov 12 Feb 2019 19:25:24 1,904 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.