Following Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (console version) Page 536

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 19 Nov 2020 15:53:06 2,971 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh hell yeah I'm in!
    I said to andy, I was playing only a couple of weeks ago and thinking about the good ole EGGMILF days!
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 19 Nov 2020 16:08:14 2,971 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just fired it up to check it was all working on xbox one and it's all good. Only about 4 people in the lobby, but we can fill them up!
  • andytheadequate 19 Nov 2020 16:16:02 9,431 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've had plenty of fairly full games over the last week or so, although might have to pick the peak times. Even games that drop to 5 v 5 seem to fill back up again fairly quickly if you stick around. I'm hoping it's GP giving it a new lease of life!
  • PatrickEwing 19 Nov 2020 23:06:32 2,513 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Iím up and running on my series x. Just tried quick match and found a game with 4 people in it but seemed to spawn in the same spot every time, there was a nice chap sitting in his M1 Abrams pointing right at my repeated spawn point. I suspect heís been sat there for the past 8 years waiting for this day. I logged off after many failed attempts to survive for more than 2 seconds but up for a EG match tomorrow if happens.
  • triarii 20 Nov 2020 08:47:19 439 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hopefully see you all online later, let me know if I've missed anyone.

EG name : GamerTag

triarii : Triarii00
    andytheadequate : andytheadequate
    Rhaegyr : CinderN
    Ultrasoundwave : The Big Mull
    AcidSnake : stivayou
    PatrickEwing : Whippin
    smemma : smemma81
    StarchildHypocrethes : Starchild H
    Red_Bool : RankeNelis
    macmurphy : Carpark karaoke
    welshben1982 : SwanseaFan82
    beastmaster : BeastmasterEG(No mic)
    HandsomeCrab : HANDS0MECRAB
    Daddy-Doom-Bar : Daddy Doom Bar
    richardiox : ptownrich
    Barchetta : BarchettaTK

Edited by triarii at 08:47:33 20-11-2020
  • AcidSnake 20 Nov 2020 08:55:50 8,390 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    That's a pretty healthy list for a decade old game...

They sure don't make 'em like they used to...

All fields etc etc...

I've still got some of the NaN clan on my friends list, was thinking of maybe sending them a message to tell them about the resurgence...

I might also have some from H8R on the list, though I wouldn't want to traumatise some of our veteran players...
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 20 Nov 2020 15:31:35 2,971 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    That's a pretty healthy list for a decade old game...

They sure don't make 'em like they used to...

All fields etc etc...

I've still got some of the NaN clan on my friends list, was thinking of maybe sending them a message to tell them about the resurgence...

I might also have some from H8R on the list, though I wouldn't want to traumatise some of our veteran players...
    No thank you!
    I still get the sweats thinking about that repair tool match!!!!!
  • andytheadequate 20 Nov 2020 16:38:19 9,431 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'll be online from around half 9, so if you see me online and want to join then send me a message on the xbox or in this thread and I'll invite you.

Apparently the max party size is 12 people now (it used to be 8 back in my day etc etc) do should be able to fit pretty much anyone who wants to use voice chat into one.

The game works by joining a squad, which then keeps you together in all future matches. The max squad size is 4, but we can get multiple going if required, it might just take a bit of time to figure out. If you're already in a match but not in the squad, send someone a message and we'll try and get an invite to you. It'll invite you to join the game, just accept it even if you're already in and it'll put you in the new squad. Alternatively use the find squad option in the menu and it might put you into one, although this is random so might not work. If I remember rightly it keeps squads who were on the same side together in future rounds, so once we're up and running we should be fine.

There's no rules, and beginners are very much welcome. If you want to use the voice chat then feel free, if you prefer to listen only then that's fine, or you can not join the party at all. The game is a lot better if the team plays the objective, if you don't know what to do or where to go then just follow one of the squad members about, and hold down B to arm/disarm a MCOM.
  • AcidSnake 20 Nov 2020 16:50:31 8,390 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Also, about the squads, if there's already a full one and you start a new squad be sure to set it to public in the options so people can join you.

Even if it's randoms who might suck at the game joining you they do still function as a mobile spawn point...

@Daddy-Doom-Bar:
    We've seen some shit...
  • HandsomeCrab 20 Nov 2020 19:59:54 291 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just had a few "practice" rounds and it all comes flooding back doesn't it? I'm still terrible though.

Anyone remember how to add EG before your gamertag?
  • andytheadequate 20 Nov 2020 20:08:27 9,431 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @HandsomeCrab - @triarri is your man for clan tags, I couldn't remember how to do it either!

Edited by andytheadequate at 20:08:39 20-11-2020
  • welshben1982 20 Nov 2020 21:07:43 1,360 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    HandsomeCrab wrote:
    Just had a few "practice" rounds and it all comes flooding back doesn't it? I'm still terrible though.

Anyone remember how to add EG before your gamertag?
    I just had a couple of practice rounds too. It does, yep Iím still useless at taking helicopters out of the sky with a rocket launcher 😂

Edited by welshben1982 at 21:10:05 20-11-2020
  • andytheadequate 20 Nov 2020 21:32:56 9,431 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm about to go online now, send me a message if you want to join!

This is going to be awesome 😃
  • PatrickEwing 20 Nov 2020 23:40:02 2,513 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Post deleted
  • PatrickEwing 20 Nov 2020 23:40:04 2,513 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Cheers for trying to connect me guys but think it was my NATS causing trouble. I got double / strict NAT and in using a sky router modem plus google WiFi it seems to get in a bit of a twist. Lots of stuff on forums it appears but the sky router doesnít allow bridge mode so I got a bit stuck signing in properly when BC2 puts Xbox into 360 mode
    Either buy a different modem or change ISP seems to be the answer if i want to play Bad company
  • andytheadequate 21 Nov 2020 00:07:22 9,431 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fixed
  • andytheadequate 21 Nov 2020 01:27:57 9,431 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PatrickEwing wrote:
    Cheers for trying to connect me guys but think it was my NATS causing trouble. I got double / strict NAT and in using a sky router modem plus google WiFi it seems to get in a bit of a twist. Lots of stuff on forums it appears but the sky router doesnít allow bridge mode so I got a bit stuck signing in properly when BC2 puts Xbox into 360 mode
    Either buy a different modem or change ISP seems to be the answer if i want to play Bad company
    That's a weird issue, is there no other way to fix it? For some reason I wasn't even able to see you on the list of friends once in the game.
  • HandsomeCrab 21 Nov 2020 02:03:03 291 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thanks for the games chaps, it was excellent.
  • andytheadequate 21 Nov 2020 02:24:15 9,431 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It really was amazing! A shame the numbers dropped down for a couple of games, but was nice to see them recover again. It's clear the popular maps do well for numbers and the less popular ones cause people to quit, which is a bit strange when you consider there isn't a server list to pick from.

I remember someone saying they jumped up and headed a tank shell. Here's my attempt:
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/andytheadequate/video/116931687

Chasing a tank head on isn't the best tactic apparently.

Edited by andytheadequate at 02:28:58 21-11-2020
  • Gl3n Moderator 21 Nov 2020 09:09:41 6,830 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Oh hell yeah I'm in!
    I said to andy, I was playing only a couple of weeks ago and thinking about the good ole EGGMILF days!
    I am jelly.

Great times on this at release. I remember we frequently filled entire servers? If not teams.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 21 Nov 2020 10:06:48 2,971 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The shell header was me, I decided to attempt a fence jump whilst a tank was firing at a tank behind me. It didn't end well.

I had communication issues. My Xbox mic didn't work, so I had to use the app on my phone for party chat, but that caused a huge feedback loop. Plugging in headphones to my phone sorted it, though.
    Then my Xbox kicked me out of the game and hard locked.
    Had a blast, though. Was a good laugh and we actually did alright considering most of the guys we were up against we're all 50's.
    That tank dude could do one, though. 1600 or so in one match?
    Would be up for it again. Maybe we could also try the other Battlefields? I know we did a bit of BF3 back in the day.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 21 Nov 2020 10:09:54 2,971 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Also, I don't play on the Xbox very often anymore, poor thing sits gathering dust. I'm on my PC all the time now.
    I wish I was more used to it, then I'd have recorded some clips using the Xbox one's features.
  • HandsomeCrab 21 Nov 2020 10:30:29 291 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Chasing a tank head on isn't the best tactic apparently.
    After at least 6 or 7 attempts doing just that I finally learned my lesson!
  • andytheadequate 21 Nov 2020 12:10:31 9,431 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Daddy-Doom-Bar - I kept forgetting to use the screenshot/ video clips too, I've not had an xbox for 7 years so was all a bit new to me! We weren't great at dealing with those tanks, pretty sure we all gotnabsilutely mulled by the tanks on the hill on Harvest Day. Was good fun though.

I'm keen on having a regular BC2 night, but also willing to try one of the newer ones too. I've currently got 5 downloaded on GP which I'm going to try, but I know Triarri is a fan of 1. Of the post BC2 battlefields, 1 is by far the most fun I've had, although I haven't played it that much. I remember the new game mode was a really good combination of rush and conquest.

@Gl3n - you're welcome to join the fun if you still have an Xbox!

Edited by andytheadequate at 12:10:52 21-11-2020
  • Red_Bool 21 Nov 2020 19:27:24 2,109 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It was great fun guys. Even though I felt largely useless (I haven't really played an MP FPS proper since BF3) I really enjoyed listening to the banter :)
    Definitely up for more
  • JamboWayOh 21 Nov 2020 21:13:22 21,665 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Haven't played this game in yonks, I wouldn't mind joining in on the action if no one minds.

Gamertag : Jambo Way Oh
  • andytheadequate 21 Nov 2020 21:29:39 9,431 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Red_Bool I've barely played an online FPS in recent years because I hated playing them on PC. Was great to have 2 full squads of us, it must have been 2011 the last time that happened!

Sent you an friend request Jambo. We played Friday from 9.30pm, hopefully it will be a weekly thing now 😃 It's still great fun after all these years and we were generally able to get into pretty full games. There were a couple of lulls, but didn't have to hang around that long before the server filled up again.
  • JamboWayOh 21 Nov 2020 21:31:29 21,665 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nice, I'll get downloading. I think this game is probably the most fun I've had in a BF game, although I have consistently played Bf1 with my mates since 2016.
  • andytheadequate 21 Nov 2020 21:38:12 9,431 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Nice, I'll get downloading. I think this game is probably the most fun I've had in a BF game, although I have consistently played Bf1 with my mates since 2016.
    Pretty sure BC2 will never be topped, playing BC2 with EGers was probably the most fun I've had playing games so was amazing to get a game going again 😃

I played BF1 and enjoyed it, Triarri still plays it too so I'm thinking of downloading it. I currently have 5 downloaded on GP, is that any good?
  • JamboWayOh 21 Nov 2020 21:44:36 21,665 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @andytheadequate

Honestly me and my mates bought 5 after loving 1 so much, to say we were and still are disappointed is an understatement. I know some people in here like it but I felt it lacked many things such as memorable maps, sandbox gameplay, even little things such as clear identifiable player silhouettes so you can quickly identify the soldier class you're playing against. Add to that a lot of camping especially the bullshit prone on your back in random dark places and criminally a WW2 game that didn't feel like it was set in WW2. BF1 gets shit but at least it actually felt like you were playing in a facsimile of WW1.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.