Get ready for the new world panic - Swine Flu Page 48

• pinkds 19 Nov 2009 13:58:32 1,601 posts
    Seen 10 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I haven't had a letter from my GP yet.... I am asthmatic too. I've already had what the doctors thought was swine flu but you can get more than one variant of it. Not sure whether to phone the doctors or not...
  • sport 19 Nov 2009 14:05:42 15,889 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Spoke to a friend last night who's a statistician for the HPA. According to their research, about half the population has had swine flu, quite a few didn't know they had it.

Anyway, they're predicting a sharp decline in infected numbers by mid-Jan.
  • Goban 19 Nov 2009 14:06:25 10,071 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I've been offered it because I'm apparently immune suppressed from drugs I took 3 years ago. Bit silly really but I'm not going to argue.
  • pinkds 19 Nov 2009 15:02:29 1,601 posts
    Seen 10 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just phoned the surgery. Apparently they sent me an invite on the 12th november (which I've not received). They are only doing jabs on two days per week - monday and Saturday and they don't have any more planned as of yet. Brilliant.

If i die, it's on their heads.
  • MrE26 19 Nov 2009 23:40:53 2,039 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Got my invite today. I expected it as i'm on medication that suppresses my immune system. Might as well go have it i suppose.
  • Spectral 20 Nov 2009 03:18:41 6,374 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I got the invite for the jab a couple of days ago. Has this thing been around long enough for the vaccine to be tested properly? I dont want swine flu but don't fancy being a guinea pig either.
  • Carlo 23 Nov 2009 08:44:30 21,225 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    If you have been off work with Swine flue, are you work insisting you take any particular length of time off?

Looks like schools and other government places of work are setting down a mandatory 2 weeks.
  • Deleted user 23 November 2009 09:06:07
    It's 7-11 days after initial symptoms, I believe.

Most workplaces I know insist you stay home.
  • mal 23 Nov 2009 12:02:52 29,326 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Blimey. I had five days off (including my weekend) then on the sixth day went in to get my laptop so I could work from home - not the greatest idea since I felt pretty rough on the 7th. Dunno if that was swine flu or not, but it's the worst flu I've had for about fifteen years as far as I can remember.
  • Skorms-Boss 23 Nov 2009 15:36:56 343 posts
    Seen 9 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've had the swine flu, it was awful, the tamiflu, even worse. I had a 45 minute conversation with my husband as he stood next to my bed..... problem was he was in Huddersfield and I was in Leeds! it's some weird weird shit!
  • otto Moderator 23 Nov 2009 16:10:06 49,322 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    sport wrote:
    Spoke to a friend last night who's a statistician for the HPA. According to their research, about half the population has had swine flu, quite a few didn't know they had it.
    I was wondering this. By "didn't know they had it" do you think they had really nasty colds without making the connection? Or are some people having just a different, milder set of symptoms? Because I'm wondering if actually I've had it already.

Also, apparently there was a strain of H1N1 that went around in 1969 and many people aged 40 and above are immune to swine flu. This is what I was told in Belgium. Haven't heard anything about that anywhere else though! Anyone else heard that?
  • Lepperman 23 Nov 2009 16:15:00 251 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    otto wrote:
    sport wrote:
    I was wondering this. By "didn't know they had it" do you think they had really nasty colds without making the connection? Or are some people having just a different, milder set of symptoms? Because I'm wondering if actually I've had it already.

Also, apparently there was a strain of H1N1 that went around in 1969 and many people aged 40 and above are immune to swine flu. This is what I was told in Belgium. Haven't heard anything about that anywhere else though! Anyone else heard that?

Yes, that's true. And I believe that's the reason that swine flu kills much less people than standard flu. The elderly are in the most at risk category, but many of them are already immune.
  • sport 23 Nov 2009 16:18:35 15,889 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    otto wrote:
    sport wrote:

He actually had a term for it but I can't recall what it was. They essentially have such mild symptoms that some don't register that they're "ill" at all.

He said that if you had conventional flu recently, it can also help to a degree.
  • otto Moderator 23 Nov 2009 16:30:22 49,322 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Lepperman wrote:
    otto wrote:

Yes, that's true. And I believe that's the reason that swine flu kills much less people than standard flu. The elderly are in the most at risk category, but many of them are already immune.
    Hope you're not including everyone over 40 in the category of "elderly"... :D
  • otto Moderator 23 Nov 2009 16:31:44 49,322 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    sport wrote:
    He actually had a term for it but I can't recall what it was. They essentially have such mild symptoms that some don't register that they're "ill" at all.
    Touch wood, reckon we might have dodged it this way. But that's probably tempting fate. :(
  • X201 10 Dec 2009 16:38:43 20,586 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It's OK. Panic over. Its not as bad as it could have been.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/ferguswalsh/

"But even the comparatively low death rate of 0.026% may itself be a huge overestimate. That's because huge numbers of those infected have probably had swine flu without knowing it."
  • tiddles 10 Dec 2009 16:54:29 3,555 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Skorms-Boss wrote:
    I've had the swine flu, it was awful, the tamiflu, even worse. I had a 45 minute conversation with my husband as he stood next to my bed..... problem was he was in Huddersfield and I was in Leeds! it's some weird weird shit!

Saved on phone costs, though...
  • localnotail 14 Dec 2009 17:27:59 23,072 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Strange new development on this front.

These posters have been cropping up around where I live:

Exhibit A
    Exhibit B

They reference this Website . Thoughts?
  • Ged42 14 Dec 2009 18:11:04 7,985 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Is that whole, the vaccine isn't a vaccine, but an implant to allow the Government/Aliens/Stealth Jews to control the masses thing again?
  • localnotail 14 Dec 2009 18:21:58 23,072 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't know. Those two are on my walk to work, I've no idea if they are elsewhere or not. The link points to them being dangerous for medical reasons, rather than proper daft conspiracy reasons. I think. I haven't read it all.

The website mentions these guys Who I think would get on quite well with niteninja. Maybe.

Our focus is an investigation into (but is not limited to) the following: extraterrestrial visitation and contact, time travel, mind control, classified advanced technology, free energy, possible coming earth changes, and revealing plans that exist to control the human race. Click here for more about our mission.
  • chopsen 14 Dec 2009 18:33:20 20,926 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Well this is complete bollocks as it's not possible to detain someone under the mental health act for the reasons given, so that makes it look a bit shonky in my humble opinion.
  • BabyJesus 14 Dec 2009 18:46:24 4,412 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The use of the provisions of the mental health act to coerce people into taking a jab which has not been tested or allowing their children to take the jab and of pyscho active drugs to influence and control people is reminiscent of Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union.

Goddamn it. PEOPLE NEED TO READ HISTORY BOOKS.

They also need to read up on political theory.
  • Lukey__b 14 Dec 2009 18:52:35 3,716 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    BabyJesus wrote:
    The use of the provisions of the mental health act to coerce people into taking a jab which has not been tested or allowing their children to take the jab and of pyscho active drugs to influence and control people is reminiscent of Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union.

There were no Nazi's in Germany or there was no Soviet Union?
  • Khanivor 14 Dec 2009 18:54:50 44,403 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    localnotail wrote:

Exhibit A
    Exhibit B

Fucking mentalists with money to burn and people's lives to try and fuck up. That's my diagnosis.
  • BabyJesus 14 Dec 2009 18:55:22 4,412 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lukey__b wrote:
    BabyJesus wrote:

There were no Nazi's in Germany or there was no Soviet Union?

No, everything is compared to Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union these days, when infact there is nothing in the western world that is comparable to them in any sort of real sense.

It just seems if something can be construed in a quite frankly obtuse way of state supervision it = Communisim! Or Nazism!

Bollocks.
  • Hunam 14 Dec 2009 18:56:41 20,673 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You sound like a Red to me.
  • localnotail 14 Dec 2009 18:56:52 23,072 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Given the nature of the area I live in, I initially thought it was some weird thing from a confused Muslim about the vaccine containing pig, but the website seems more Icke.
  • BabyJesus 14 Dec 2009 18:57:29 4,412 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    For a start comparing Nazis and communists is like comparing a rotten egg to a rotten apple.

Sure, they are both rotten, but thats where the similarities end.
  • askew 14 Dec 2009 18:58:55 21,339 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    localnotail wrote:

Exhibit A
    Exhibit B

Fucking mentalists with money to burn and people's lives to try and fuck up. That's my diagnosis.

Yeah. I hope you tore them down/defaced them - or are going to...

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.