Call of Duty: Black Ops (CoD 7) Page 2

• smoothpete 5 May 2009 12:58:15 34,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Korea might be a bit wank as weaponry hadn't moved on much since WW2. At least in 'Nam you had the M16 and AK47
  • pjmaybe 5 May 2009 13:03:45 70,666 posts
    Seen 9 years ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Harmonica wrote:
    Hopefully they do the Cold War then we can compare it unfavourably to Operation Flashpoint, maybe even the new one if they ever get that sucker out.

Honestly, any theatre of conflict where there has been a stellar previous example just so we can easily cite reasons why Treyarch are really rubbish.

Although to be honest, they could probably do a good zombie war game. Yeah that'll do.

If we're moving into fantasy realms - A game based on the original Predator movie, in the COD4 engine, in Jungle.

That'll do me.
  • smoothpete 14 May 2009 09:06:54 34,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    In production, apparently.
  • Deleted user 14 May 2009 09:40:31
    Derblington wrote:
    It's not a certainty, but what series have they worked on that they haven't, or aren't, running into the ground because they keep adding rather than refining?
    the Bond game? (aparently)
    it would be good if they introduced the cover system from that. also, reducing the clipping on walls.
  • JYM60 14 May 2009 10:50:23 17,559 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    New rumour. Activision to bring in two new dev teams so we have a COD and a MW every year.

Another thing I heard was that Acti and IW agreed the Treyarch games were to do away with numbers. Wasn't WaW, officially Call of Duty World at war? No COD5.

WaW2 maybe? :)
  • Venkman90 14 May 2009 10:52:52 4,430 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Maybe Nam but from the ASAS pov, we have had the American version so lets get the Aussie stuff, the Viet Cong called the Australian SAS "the jungle ghosts" :D
  • Derblington 14 May 2009 10:56:30 31,146 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    DcP729UK wrote:
    the Bond game? (aparently)
    it would be good if they introduced the cover system from that. also, reducing the clipping on walls.
    One game doesn't really make a series, and I'd rather they kept the cover mechanic out of it - there are already plenty of decent cover shooters around.
  • Deleted user 14 May 2009 11:03:50
    oh. now it has to be a series of games. you just dispise tryarch for making a CoD game, derbs.
  • Quint2020 14 May 2009 11:08:39 3,484 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh ANOTHER Call of Duty game, praise the Deity that is Activision -_-
  • Derblington 14 May 2009 11:09:35 31,146 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The original question was: what series have they worked on that they haven't, or aren't, running into the ground because they keep adding rather than refining?

So, yes, stating one single game that is without sequels doesn't really present a suitable answer... Tony Hawks, etc, all started off well, but they ruined them over time. CoD, and Bond (if they make more), I fear will go the same way.

edit: although reviews of bond have been great anyway.
  • Derblington 14 May 2009 11:13:30 31,146 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Gaz40 wrote:
    What was wrong with Cod3 or Cod5? I don't see what your comments are based on tbh, you have some grudge against Treyarch I guess.
    Yes, clearly I have a "grudge" because I don't think their output is as good as Infinity Ward.

Grow up.
  • Deleted user 14 May 2009 11:23:20
    Yes, the game was bad because of a comedy rap over the credits

wtf
  • Derblington 14 May 2009 11:26:07 31,146 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Imo, CoD 2 was great, 3 was dump. 4 was great again and WaW was a copy with a couple of added bits. I have nothing against treyarch, I just don't think they're that good, but as I said earlier, if IW keep pushing the boundaries and T just get to copy and expand a little bit, they should be ok. It's when they get free-reign that'll I'll really worry, but I can't see that happening.

edit: I cannot agree that their CoD output is as high as IW though, 3 is a naff game.
  • psychokitten Moderator 14 May 2009 11:29:47 7,795 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Do you honestly think Treyarch's versions are as good? Really?
    IW don't jump to their defence because they surely agree with the rest of us. Wasn't there some hooplah before when one of the IW devs said something bitchy about Treyarch?

I agree COD4 is a bit overrated, but it's still so so so much better than 3 and WaW.
  • Deleted user 14 May 2009 11:29:56
    I had more fun in 3's multiplayer than in 4s. It was much more varied and open than 4.

p.s. i view a new CoD each year with the same excitement as I view a decrepit trainyard.
  • Deleted user 14 May 2009 11:49:11
    Gaz40 wrote:
    you have some grudge against Treyarch I guess.
    this^

i was in a WaW lobby and some cod4 fanboys were saying how WaW is shit in comparison to cod4. i told 'em to fuck off and play cod4 then! ... they tried to team kill me, but i got in first. =P

there's no point arguing with these tards. i just wish they'd take their biased opinions elsewhere so the rest of us can get excited about a vietnam war game, which there are too few of imo.
  • Derblington 14 May 2009 12:09:57 31,146 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    If we have a grudge, does that mean you're biased?
  • Deleted user 14 May 2009 12:21:38
    Derblington wrote:
    i prefer ww2 games and vietnam ones. so yeah i am a little biased.
  • Deleted user 14 May 2009 12:24:39
    Treyarch suck IMO. The story wasn't a patch on COD4 and the multiplayer was a cheap WW2 clone of COD4. I'm not suprised IW tried to get the COD logo off COD MW2.
  • Deleted user 14 May 2009 12:28:59
    AcidDark wrote:
    Treyarch suck IMO. The story wasn't a patch on COD4 and the multiplayer was a cheap WW2 clone of COD4. I'm not suprised IW tried to get the COD logo off COD MW2.
    well fuck off and talk about MW2 in another thread then. i'm more interested in this cod vietnam game. it's tards like you that derail threads on a daily basis.
  • Deleted user 14 May 2009 12:30:41
    DcP729UK wrote:
    AcidDark wrote:

well fuck off and talk about MW2 in another thread then. i'm more interested in this cod vietnam game. it's tards like you that derail threads on a daily basis.
    It's a free world so I can do what I want.You need to chill out before you burst and blood vessel. And I will be purchasing this as I am a true gamer. I just don't like WW2 games.
  • Deleted user 14 May 2009 12:34:37
    AcidDark wrote:
    It's a free world so I can do what I want.
    oh, saying this absolves you from being retarded? meeeeeeeh!
  • JYM60 14 May 2009 12:47:39 17,559 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DcP729UK wrote:
    Derblington wrote:

i prefer ww2 games and vietnam ones. so yeah i am a little biased.

I wish you were in WW2.
  • smoothpete 22 Feb 2010 12:14:54 34,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Probably Vietnam
  • Deleted user 22 February 2010 12:18:32
    Atlease its not WW2 and Vietnam could be awesome if they get the tone right and you can have class A drug Hallucinations. I still think it should have been Call Of Duty: Rourkes Drift or Call Of Duty: The Sharpe Chronicles.
  • ronuds 22 Feb 2010 17:48:43 21,781 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:
    Do you honestly think Treyarch's versions are as good? Really?
    IW don't jump to their defence because they surely agree with the rest of us. Wasn't there some hooplah before when one of the IW devs said something bitchy about Treyarch?

I agree COD4 is a bit overrated, but it's still so so so much better than 3 and WaW.

I actually liked WaW better than COD4 - and think COD3 is probably my favourite in the series. Better balancing, maps and features like detaching limbs that are hard to beat.

IW, of course, set the groundwork, but I really liked the improvements Treyarch added.

Are we really stuck on IW being so much better? MW2 is a mess that's needed 20 patches already just to get rid of the cheaters. And where the hell are our new maps already? With WaW, I think we had 2 map packs at this stage.

IW is too full of themselves and their games really aren't any better.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to this - and I have no doubt Treyarch will do an outstanding job! People seem to hate Treyarch just "because" w/o any real basis for their dislikes.
  • Doomspoon 22 Feb 2010 18:54:37 2,926 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They never did fix the WaW MG bipod glitch did they? Their way around it was to not allow use of the bipod from prone, hardly a proper fix. I liked WaW's campaign, co-op mode was a great touch. I disliked the way that online was horrendously broken, automatic rifles don't do enough damage to juggernaut users. Outside of hardcore modes you usually have to headshot your enemy or watch the bastards turn to face and kill you. Why include assault rifles as an option when we're more or less forced to use LMGs, subs or sniper rifles?

Also the clones of the red dot sights are just cobblers, their inclusion is stupid.

I'd actually enjoy a well done Vietnam war campaign as other games that have tried really didn't work. It was perhaps fairly obvious that using a WW2 pacific campaign in WaW was going to lead to Vietnam based CoD. It would be a refreshing change if the Australians and New Zealanders could be recognised for their involvement for once but I doubt that'll happen.
  • Hantheman 23 Feb 2010 10:12:59 540 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's a pity, I really think they're just making CoD games because they feel they have to, rather than becasue they want to.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.