Call of Duty: Black Ops (CoD 7) Page 105

• xero521 11 Sep 2018 16:16:43 458 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was really surprised how well it plays...I enjoyed the regular multiplayer beta too. Graphically itís good the shooting is good,roll on actual realase it will be interesting to see if the servers can hold up though,I think they could benefit from an open beta.
  • Scurrminator 12 Sep 2018 00:49:23 9,039 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    it's open on PC from the weekend.
    They have increased the player count to 88 as well. I reckon we'll see 100 before it's done.

Edited by Scurrminator at 00:49:32 12-09-2018
  • Ron_Justice 12 Sep 2018 07:00:15 3,171 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Really surprised at how solid Blackout is. I've been watching PubG, from the sidelines, since it's inception and had the impression that BR's are somehow hugely difficult to make. I expected Blackout to be a shambles, especially on Console (PubG's on Xbox isn't great apparently) but this just works. Well. Incredibly robust, great frames, looks good enough (I'm not expecting Frostbite visuals) and the gunplay feels great with the slower TTK.

Blackout has basically removed ALL of the issues I have with COD games - Camping, Corner / Head Glitch peaking, Fast Ping advantage, ridiculously deep Map knowledge, Kill Streaks and the crazy high TTK.

It's taken me from really not giving two shits about this years COD to actually considering a purchase. Surprisingly.

Edited by Ron_Justice at 09:32:48 12-09-2018
  • Derblington 12 Sep 2018 09:24:17 31,204 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I was up until 2am playing with mates. It's crazy good.

I expected it to work mechanically but I'm surprised at how well it's captured the PUBG feel and at how much fun that is with some polish. They are going to make all the money.
  • Bichii 12 Sep 2018 09:28:05 834 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    This does look very good but with bfv out over a similar period I'll have to stick with bf..
  • HairyArse 12 Sep 2018 09:34:10 1,160 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    This does look very good but with bfv out over a similar period I'll have to stick with bf..
    SMH
  • Derblington 12 Sep 2018 19:11:58 31,204 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    They've just added a new version called Fast Collapse. The timer is shorter and the boundary moves faster.

Lasts about 10 mins and I won my first game of it :)
  • Technoishmatt 12 Sep 2018 19:18:51 2,975 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Two more days for xbox beta!

Hopefully Hurricane Florence will close the office and I can spend some time playing it :)
  • XtraCheese 12 Sep 2018 20:22:53 116 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Thought Iíd step up and be a man and say I was completely and utterly wrong about black ops 4 with my negative outlook on the game.

The second week of the MP beta won me over a few months ago with the introduction of tactical modes such as heist ( and also realising how well search and destroy plays in this game)

And they have really knocked it out the park with blackout even though Iím not particularly partial to battle royale style gameplay.

Itís shaping up to be quite a tasty package though. Loads of maps in multiplayer along with several classic treyarch maps for free at launch. 3 full zombies experiences at launch and a very capable battle royale mode, it looks like
    treyarch are going full throttle against the likes of red
    dead and battlefield for multiplayer supremecy this year.

Edited by XtraCheese at 20:24:30 12-09-2018
  • Technoishmatt 15 Sep 2018 01:23:11 2,975 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can confirm it runs like a dream (for my three games) on the Xbox one X.

Itís pretty brilliant!

My first game was pretty PUBG - several circles of looting and walking simulator followed by a singlenlong distancr headshot kill and my game was over.

Second was also pretty classic PUBG. After dispatching 3 of 4 of a squad, i then got murdered by the circle.

Third game lucky, dispatched 3 at the start in Nuketown. My team then hunkered down in the bunker, which is usefully where the game ended, with a 3vs1, which we obviously won!

Just shows the difference between AAA game development and whatever PUBG is... the weapons are a bit lasery, but they feel really good and varied.
  • Malek86 15 Sep 2018 08:57:03 7,909 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tried playing a bit on PC yesterday night, while everyone was stuck in the D2 raid (they still are, cough).

First time I play a battle royale, but it's not for me. Too many minutes spent just walking around, killing one guy, and then being killed myself. Maybe it would be better if the map were a bit smaller. The headbobbing is terrible either way.

Graphics are a mixed bag too. On high settings, the game doesn't run very well (usually around 40-50fps), but still looks pretty bad. Not sure how PUBG looks in comparison, but the system requirements seem pretty steep for what you end up seeing on the screen.
  • Vortex808 15 Sep 2018 09:44:59 12,884 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Technoishmatt I'll have to give it a go by the sounds of it to see a polished pubg game if nothing else!
  • Derblington 15 Sep 2018 11:42:12 31,204 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    Graphics are a mixed bag too. On high settings, the game doesn't run very well (usually around 40-50fps), but still looks pretty bad. Not sure how PUBG looks in comparison, but the system requirements seem pretty steep for what you end up seeing on the screen.
    Bear in mind the system reqs are probably for the full title, and the smaller scale MP and Zombies campaigns will look better than Blackout.
  • JYM60 15 Sep 2018 12:22:05 17,569 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Blackout is definitely the best addition to COD since.... ever. (Unless you are a Zombie fanboy)

It's just fun planning stuff, sharing out the loot, squad v squad fighting.
    Had a pretty funny win last night. Down to about the last 10, small zone, four of us pile into a small garage. Garage gets kitted out with Barrier shield, barbed wire, Trophy system. All hell starts going on in the garage, trophy system didn't last long, we get downed a few times, but can crawl behind the barrier for revives.

Garage ends up out of the zone, and the three of us left and the 2 enemy's left are low health trying to get to the zone. Two of us and one of them die in the storm, and I'm just about able to win the 1v1 to take the win. Good fun, good laugh.
  • solidsneek 15 Sep 2018 12:33:28 763 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I canít wait for this not been this excited for a COD in a long time. Even the zombies as well. Anyone fancy PC later
  • Yorkshire_Bourne 15 Sep 2018 14:19:21 349 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm getting better after about 12 games on the PC this morning, got a 6th place which is my highest.

It's growing on me, but the typical COD nature of "shoot someone 10 times before they get a shot off, yet they turn round and kill you in 2 shots" is still present at times, even when I have Lvl 3 armour?!?!

I do think my potato aim at times doesn't help, but I've always had the bullet sponge problem which has turned me off COD online in the past.

I've found the "Spitfire" AR is really easy to use with low recoil and decent iron sights, so that's my go-to weapon until I've had experience with the rest.
  • solidsneek 15 Sep 2018 19:51:37 763 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Havenít managed to land a find a gun without dying in 30 seconds as of yet 😂
  • jaangus 15 Sep 2018 20:00:39 5,373 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have a few codes for this for xbox if anyone needs one let me know and ill message you.
  • solidsneek 15 Sep 2018 20:13:01 763 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Seems to run ok on my gtx1050 laptop although making it hot. Not sure if Iíll get the pc version or console.
  • OnlyJoeKing 15 Sep 2018 21:37:59 776 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Yorkshire_Bourne That body armour mechanic is a joke. I could live with it in team deathmatch and whatnot when you can respawn quickly, but if you play for half an hour only to die to a bullet sponge, the first enemy you see, that's fucking bullshit man.

Quite impressed with it otherwise, but I'd have been on the fence on whether to buy it anyway, so the armour thing is definitely a dealbreaker for me.
  • solidsneek 15 Sep 2018 22:44:19 763 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Looking forward to full release itís challenging to be honest after a few games got no more than one kill but can see this being a time sinker. Are people playing with K and M or controller on PC?
  • Technoishmatt 16 Sep 2018 00:28:15 2,975 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Good luck to anyone playing with gamepad on PC.
  • solidsneek 16 Sep 2018 11:13:31 763 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Technoishmatt That bad?
  • sherpa1984 16 Sep 2018 11:25:15 771 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    On PC, pleasantly surprised with this. I like the CoD injection to the PUBG formula.

The game sings when you're fighting in/around buildings but it does fall apart a bit when it's late game and you're fighting in the open- the gunplay doesn't lend itself to mid-range fights across fields, IMO.

On the downside I think the graphics look poor, body armour makes TTK too high and blackout could do with having a few more near-sci-fi toys that I understand the Black Ops series always has done.

This has gone from "Buy CoD? About as much chance as me playing a kids game like Fortnite" to "Hmm, I'm interested".
  • solidsneek 16 Sep 2018 11:32:46 763 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It was so grainy when I first put it on had to mess around with some settings but itís a bright game! Interested to see the zombies mode again
  • Tomo 16 Sep 2018 12:18:40 16,180 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    sherpa1984 wrote:
    On PC, pleasantly surprised with this. I like the CoD injection to the PUBG formula.

The game sings when you're fighting in/around buildings but it does fall apart a bit when it's late game and you're fighting in the open- the gunplay doesn't lend itself to mid-range fights across fields, IMO.

On the downside I think the graphics look poor, body armour makes TTK too high and blackout could do with having a few more near-sci-fi toys that I understand the Black Ops series always has done.

This has gone from "Buy CoD? About as much chance as me playing a kids game like Fortnite" to "Hmm, I'm interested".
    I've just played a few rounds, and I pretty much agree.

As a huge PUBG player and massive CoD-hater, this is surprisingly playable. The best thing is just how smooth it is, wow. Runs like a dream.

I like the sliding a lot. Glad there is no leaning - it was always clunky in PUBG.

Not yet sold on the TTK - too high, but makes sense with the zero-recoil guns. The constant and instant bandaging is less annoying than I expected. It actually makes me chase kills more as people will just heal up. Body armour is too strong. They should not be able to turn around and shoot you even if you've already put 8 bullets into them.
  • Tomo 16 Sep 2018 12:20:43 16,180 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Also, it looks fupping amazing compared to PUBG. Basically, if the PUBG devs could actually optimise their game, they would wipe the floor with the competition, but I have little faith they will ever resolve the numerous technical issues.
  • solidsneek 16 Sep 2018 13:17:20 763 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It does show what a AAA company can do to a platform thatís already running. Itís just more polished and complete PUBG always feels like an early access game.
  • Derblington 16 Sep 2018 14:33:23 31,204 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Regarding TTK and body armour - Treyarch said earlier in the week that they were looking into balancing it further.
    It has to remain a little powerful to make it worthwhile, but right now the lvl 3 is too strong.
  • Tomo 16 Sep 2018 15:00:14 16,180 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The body armour should basically prevent you from getting insta-sniped, but shouldn't be such a trump card in close quarters battle. If someone gets the drop on you, you should be dead unless they absolutely potato.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.