The Eurovision LIVE thread... Page 2

• j-bo 14 May 2009 16:16:54 37 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I remember one year he mentioned the Third Reich when the German entry came on
  • Deleted user 14 May 2009 16:17:05
    BaggyAnt wrote:
    Personally I am glad Wogans gone - his rants were beginning to border on the Xenophobic.

Yeah.. um... that's sort of the appeal to most of us, duh.

:)
  • j-bo 14 May 2009 16:18:03 37 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    BaggyAnt wrote:
    Personally I am glad Wogans gone - his rants were beginning to border on the Xenophobic.

Yeah.. um... that's sort of the appeal to most of us, duh.

:)

I'm sure the bitchy vitriol of norton will make up for it :)
  • Deleted user 14 May 2009 16:18:35
    I can think of nothing worse than camp gay bitchiness. It's not entertainment, it's just noise.
  • j-bo 14 May 2009 16:20:27 37 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    I can think of nothing worse than camp gay bitchiness. It's not entertainment, it's just noise.

Wait, given this, you're watching eurovision why exactly:p ?

that's a bit like objecting to a commentator being a bit aggressive at a bare knuckle fight:p
  • Grunk 14 May 2009 17:44:23 4,717 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I need some drinking games to play when Eurovision is on.

We currently have the sweepstake and when your country sings you have to drink a shot, but there must be more.
  • DavetheDave 14 May 2009 17:47:12 1,391 posts
    Seen 10 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Grunk wrote:
    I need some drinking games to play when Eurovision is on.

We currently have the sweepstake and when your country sings you have to drink a shot, but there must be more.

One drink?

Possibly two if they win.

That's got to be the worst drinking game I've ever heard of. :p
  • DavetheDave 14 May 2009 17:48:33 1,391 posts
    Seen 10 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For a Eurovision drinking game, you could have had a drink every time Terry Wogan said something bordering on the xenophobic. You'd be pissed by the first-half hour. Now he's gone though...
  • Metalfish 14 May 2009 17:51:11 9,191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Most drinking games revolved around a) Wogan being a cantankerous old man b) highly predictable voting. With a) gone we're going to have a drink every time Norton makes a ham-fisted sexual innuendo, although he's probably got the producers all over him to keep it clean and daily mail friendly (read fucking boring).
  • DavetheDave 14 May 2009 17:53:38 1,391 posts
    Seen 10 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think the best drinking game with Eurovision would be to drink until you think the UK have a chance of winning.*

* drinking that amount may actually kill you.
  • Grunk 14 May 2009 17:54:23 4,717 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    perhaps we need to take a drink every time our countries get max points or nil points
  • DavetheDave 14 May 2009 17:56:08 1,391 posts
    Seen 10 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Metalfish wrote:
    Most drinking games revolved around a) Wogan being a cantankerous old man b) highly predictable voting. With a) gone we're going to have a drink every time Norton makes a ham-fisted sexual innuendo, although he's probably got the producers all over him to keep it clean and daily mail friendly (read fucking boring).

Would the Daily Fail readership watch Eurovision though?

Wouldn't they complain that the British invented the concept of singing and pop music and the like and that Johhny-Foreigner can piss off back to where he came from if he thinks he's better than the British at it?

Maybe Norton will surprise us all...
  • DavetheDave 14 May 2009 17:57:15 1,391 posts
    Seen 10 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Grunk wrote:
    perhaps we need to take a drink every time our countries get max points or nil points

Just drink until watching Eurovision seems like a good idea.*

* drinking that amount...oh you get the idea.
  • Metalfish 14 May 2009 17:57:57 9,191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Never underestimate what these people will watch in order to get offended.
  • Lukus 14 May 2009 21:37:52 21,738 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I think I want Azerbaijan to win.
  • Pirotic Moderator 14 May 2009 21:42:34 20,642 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    So is are song any good this year? I know they made a big deal over it this time around but the Mrs informs me it's just as bad as all the others.
  • Lukus 14 May 2009 21:44:40 21,738 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It's not great. It reminds me of that 'I am What I am' song. By which I mean, it's really gay.
  • boo 14 May 2009 22:36:43 13,482 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Azerbaijan and the moody girl with the straight black hair and the violin (Poland?) for top 5 spots.

Netherlands to be cast into a pit, never to be heard again.
  • Grunk 15 May 2009 13:35:58 4,717 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Does anyone have a link to a pdf of all of the flags that are in the eurovision 2009 final?

I can't seem to find one.
  • warlockuk 15 May 2009 13:52:12 19,490 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    There's been some years I quite liked listening to a few tracks, so I'm glad to not have Terry fuckface drunkenly taking the piss the whole time. On the other hand, I missed it last night. D'oh

But yeah, the hosting country goes to all the effort of organising big long set pieces to fill some breaks and like a twunt he'd rabbit over it. Fuck off, or put him _on_ the red button.
  • warlockuk 15 May 2009 13:53:35 19,490 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    What was the UK's entry again? Bunch of chavs singing about their dole cheque being late and running outta scag? Or did we have something decent this year?
  • Deleted user 15 May 2009 15:06:38
    j-bo wrote:
    I remember one year he mentioned the Third Reich when the German entry came on

haha! I remember that. Wogan got away with loads of stuff, but he was still a boring person. Norton might spice it up a bit if he's aloud to say what he wants. Should be funny.

Went down hill from here - keep him on the radio away from me.
  • Deleted user 15 May 2009 15:09:18
    DavetheDave wrote:
    For a Eurovision drinking game, you could have had a drink every time Terry Wogan said something bordering on the xenophobic. You'd be pissed by the first-half hour. Now he's gone though...

Same idea, but just have a drink every time Graham Norton says something containing sexual innuendo. You'll be pissed in 10 minutes.
  • Deleted user 15 May 2009 15:12:51
    Lukus wrote:
    I want Daz Sampson back.
    lol - I bet when he watches all this stuff about how we're "finally taking Eurovision seriously" this year, he sits there frowning, muttering "but I *did* take it seriously!!"
  • Deleted user 15 May 2009 15:16:23
    Never send a Daz Sampson to represent Britain.
  • DugBriderider 15 May 2009 15:27:06 819 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is anyone suspicious of our entry?

I remember watching the mini-audition show to get Jade. They went though a lengthy process of whittling down applicants, when they where down to the top 8 or so, one of them "dropped out" and Andrew quickly found Jade as a replacement, then she sails though the knockout process.

Then I heard the song and lost hope and interest in our entry immediately.
  • Deleted user 15 May 2009 15:44:49
    DugBriderider wrote:
    Is anyone suspicious of our entry?

I remember watching the mini-audition show to get Jade. They went though a lengthy process of whittling down applicants, when they where down to the top 8 or so, one of them "dropped out" and Andrew quickly found Jade as a replacement, then she sails though the knockout process.

Then I heard the song and lost hope and interest in our entry immediately.
    The song is bloody awful. And Lord Andrew's a freak. A major freak. I feel like going up to him and saying, "Oi! Clean shirt". He'd then think "Wait, isn't that a good thing?"
  • Fatiguez 16 May 2009 16:53:00 8,923 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can't wait for this tonight :D
  • DugBriderider 16 May 2009 20:02:14 819 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's begun, I'm unusually excited.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.