The Official "I have an iPhone 3G S" thread Page 15

Next Last
  • Deleted user 2 December 2009 14:49:00
    Vodafone 3G coverage map

O2 Vs Orange 3G coverage maps

It's worth noting that O2 and Vodafone have an infrastructure sharing agreement so O2's 3G coverage should be on par with Vodafone. That makes the O2/Vodafone Vs Orange match up closer.
  • Deleted user 2 December 2009 14:51:28
    Asign Orange to one side of a coin and O2 to another. Toss the coin. Go with whoever comes up. Realised afterwards that you wished the other side had come up? Well go with that one then.

;)

Short version: I don't think it really matters like it does in the States. Like a Page 3 girl, they both have their knockers but at the end of the day they'll both do the job.
  • Dougs 2 Dec 2009 14:55:56 96,721 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    blizeH wrote:
    Dougs you can set the iPhone to just fill unused space with music, is that what you had? It'd probably make sense if the TV shows have pushed out all of your music. Also check your TV show sync settings.

Nope, all my music was fine, iTunes updated and when I went to sync 3 shows (less than a gig) it started updating music files for some reason. I then cancelled it as I had to dash for work and found it wiped it all! My fault for cancelling it, but god knows why it even started even looking at the music.
  • Deleted user 2 December 2009 14:59:17
    MrED209 wrote:
    Asign Orange to one side of a coin and O2 to another. Toss the coin. Go with whoever comes up. Realised afterwards that you wished the other side had come up? Well go with that one then.

;)

Short version: I don't think it really matters like it does in the States. Like a Page 3 girl, they both have their knockers but at the end of the day they'll both do the job.

BUT! Orange are French owned, O2 are spainish owned and Vodafone are British.

Use that to help too. :)
  • Deleted user 2 December 2009 16:40:13
    Eww French owned!

/spits in disgust

But.. far as I can tell, even with the Vodafone 3G network on top, Orange's coverage seems a lot better..
  • CosmicFuzz 2 Dec 2009 16:53:23 32,585 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Well according to those bus adverts, orange have the largest 3G network.
  • Deleted user 2 December 2009 16:55:16
    Apostle wrote:
    Eww French owned!

/spits in disgust

But.. far as I can tell, even with the Vodafone 3G network on top, Orange's coverage seems a lot better..

It is, just not as much as if O2 used just there own piddly infrastructure.
  • Deleted user 8 December 2009 12:52:30
    Ok, ordered my iPhone! Am a little giddy, most exciting thing I've bought in ages! Went with o2, I know for a fact I'm in a wi-fi hotspot in my home, hopefully it covers some of the rest of the town too.

First question: Should I get one of those rubber cases to protect it? Do they make it too fat/cumbersome? I assume it scratches easy like all ipods?
  • Scurrminator 8 Dec 2009 13:02:13 9,045 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    When will flash video work on iPhone god damn it!
  • HoriZon 8 Dec 2009 13:57:48 14,305 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:

Never it seems. As its all about the $$$$
  • Jeepers 8 Dec 2009 14:02:24 16,611 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    HoriZon wrote:
    Scurrminator wrote:

Never it seems. As its all about the $$$$

All about the shit performance of Flash on mobile CPUs, innit?
  • Vroom 8 Dec 2009 14:03:14 4,643 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Apostle wrote:
    First question: Should I get one of those rubber cases to protect it?

Don't do this if you respect yourself. :)

Pet pieve of mine those cases. Why, oh why, do people spend money on a beautiful piece of design (often they choose the device because of the way it looks) and then COVER IT???

Sorry, never understood that one.

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8yNh0N2qbs

So unless you have balls like glass cutters you should be grand.
  • Kay 8 Dec 2009 14:08:50 20,851 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Apostle wrote:
    Ok, ordered my iPhone! Am a little giddy, most exciting thing I've bought in ages! Went with o2, I know for a fact I'm in a wi-fi hotspot in my home, hopefully it covers some of the rest of the town too.

First question: Should I get one of those rubber cases to protect it? Do they make it too fat/cumbersome? I assume it scratches easy like all ipods?

Enjoy your purchase. As for a case - no, it's not necessary. The front screen is incredibly resilient (a quick wipe will usually take off any fingerprints), and the back is made of plastic and so not as easily scratchable as the iPods (or at least not as visible).

I actually bought one of those rubber cases from the Apple store, but gave it back after a week. The case itself was great, but at 25 it was way too expensive, and I hated the way all the dust gathered inside the case - particularly around the front opening. Some people evidently prefer having a case, but if you're worried about it bulking the device - and if you're going to look after the phone reasonably well anyway - then there's no need to bother, imo.
  • Deleted user 8 December 2009 14:23:18
    @Vroom: I started cringing as soon as that video started.. it does prove how resistent it is though.

@Kay: I guess I shall not bother with the case then, I had one for my old ipod but rarely used it. The chrome backs of those ipods show the scratches much more, in my experience.

Thanks for the input guys. Gonna go browse the app store, see what cool stuff I can get :D
  • Jeepers 8 Dec 2009 14:51:22 16,611 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Drop 7
    EG forum app (natch!)
    Lux
    Bookworm
    & Peggle

All come recommended by me. Enjoy yer new toy!
  • Deleted user 10 December 2009 09:02:15
    Loving my iPhone so far, enjoying searching the app store for cool stuff.

Can anyone recomend a decent car mount/holder/cradle with charger please?
  • Deleted user 11 December 2009 12:46:44
    I found a decent looking one on ebay.

On my tariff I get 500 free UK minutes, does that include 0845 numbers? I want to phone T-Mobile and get my PAC code.
  • HoriZon 11 Dec 2009 12:50:06 14,305 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Apostle wrote:

On my tariff I get 500 free UK minutes, does that include 0845 numbers? I want to phone T-Mobile and get my PAC code.

Most tariffs dont cover 0845, 0800, 0870 numbers on any network.
  • yegon 11 Dec 2009 12:51:19 6,511 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Probably been asked, but does the increased RAM on the 3GS mean multiple tabs don't have to be reloaded as often in Safari? This is my only beef with my 3G. Not enough for me to upgrade mind, it'll be the 64gb 2010 version that makes me crack out the wallet.
  • Scurrminator 11 Dec 2009 13:17:46 9,045 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    HoriZon wrote:
    Apostle wrote:

Most tariffs dont cover 0845, 0800, 0870 numbers on any network.

theres an app where you put in the 0845 number you wish to call and it finds a free land line equivalent!
  • Dougs 11 Dec 2009 13:41:20 96,721 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    If he's come across them anyway! Never seem to have the numbers I want to dial. Not even the 0890 numbers. :)
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.