Following What's for DINNER tonight then? Page 277

  • Frogofdoom 8 Mar 2019 17:14:02 12,901 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bacon sarnie for me, had Mexican for lunch.
  • Armoured_Bear 8 Mar 2019 17:19:27 26,456 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Takeaway pizza from a cracking restaurant down the road.

    I'm thinking scamorza and bacon on one and spicy salad on the other, hmm maybe tuna and onion.
  • wobbly_Bob 8 Mar 2019 21:06:59 5,076 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Green curry, Thai omlette, and rice. Getting better with practice. My best curry so far! So good
  • Armoured_Bear 8 Mar 2019 22:25:43 26,456 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:

    pad kra pao

    Ingredients

    A big handful of Thai basil
    350g chicken breast minced or pork with knife/knives
    10 birds eye chilli
    4 small dried chilli
    a whole garlic head
    3 TBS of soy sauce
    1 & 1/2 TBS of dark soy sauce
    1 TBS of fish sauce
    1 TBS of sugar

    (an egg optional but not really!)
    I'm having this on Sunday night \o/
  • Load_2.0 9 Mar 2019 17:39:01 29,052 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Beef Rendang.

    I went a bit OTT with the birds eye chillis.

    I couldn't stop eating it but fuck me it had some oomph.

    I started cooking it around 1pm and had dinner at 5pm like a Nana.

    Edited by Load_2.0 at 17:39:37 09-03-2019
  • wobbly_Bob 9 Mar 2019 18:37:27 5,076 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    wobbly_Bob wrote:

    pad kra pao

    Ingredients

    A big handful of Thai basil
    350g chicken breast minced or pork with knife/knives
    10 birds eye chilli
    4 small dried chilli
    a whole garlic head
    3 TBS of soy sauce
    1 & 1/2 TBS of dark soy sauce
    1 TBS of fish sauce
    1 TBS of sugar

    (an egg optional but not really!)
    I'm having this on Sunday night \o/
    Making it today \o/
  • wobbly_Bob 9 Mar 2019 18:37:58 5,076 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Beef Rendang.

    I went a bit OTT with the birds eye chillis.

    I couldn't stop eating it but fuck me it had some oomph.

    I started cooking it around 1pm and had dinner at 5pm like a Nana.

    Edited by Load_2.0 at 17:39:37 09-03-2019
    Beef rendang is so good!
  • Frogofdoom 9 Mar 2019 18:47:14 12,901 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lemon sole fish tacos was my dinner. Bloody lovely too.
  • quadfather 9 Mar 2019 18:49:43 34,310 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm going to do that chicken / bacon /peas thing again as it was so nice tother day
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 9 Mar 2019 19:03:05 19,316 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Beef Rendang.

    I went a bit OTT with the birds eye chillis.

    I couldn't stop eating it but fuck me it had some oomph.

    I started cooking it around 1pm and had dinner at 5pm like a Nana.

    Edited by Load_2.0 at 17:39:37 09-03-2019
    Masterchef? I've been looking at recipes for it too.
  • Load_2.0 9 Mar 2019 19:25:36 29,052 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Haha. Yep.

    As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to eat it ASAP.
  • Load_2.0 9 Mar 2019 19:31:02 29,052 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Though mine wasn't as traditional as the Masterchef one, it was volcanic when I tasted it so I had to add more coconut milk to take it down a few notches.

    Also had to leave a few things out. My Sainsbury's didnt have kaffir lime leaves or galangal.

    Edited by Load_2.0 at 19:36:08 09-03-2019
  • quadfather 9 Mar 2019 20:45:27 34,310 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I am *really* getting the hang of this chicken bacon mushroom fish guys :)

    https://photos.app.goo.gl/nnY7oHMLKGV5YkkNA
  • Armoured_Bear 9 Mar 2019 21:46:44 26,456 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Had some cracking American Sirloin with a Roast Peppers Salad tonight
    Cheeky wee bottle of Pomerol went down nicely :)

  • Frogofdoom 9 Mar 2019 21:50:34 12,901 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Beef looks decent, I wouldn't be eating the cat sick though.
  • Armoured_Bear 9 Mar 2019 21:50:50 26,456 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    wobbly_Bob wrote:

    pad kra pao

    Ingredients

    A big handful of Thai basil
    350g chicken breast minced or pork with knife/knives
    10 birds eye chilli
    4 small dried chilli
    a whole garlic head
    3 TBS of soy sauce
    1 & 1/2 TBS of dark soy sauce
    1 TBS of fish sauce
    1 TBS of sugar

    (an egg optional but not really!)
    I'm having this on Sunday night \o/
    Making it today \o/
    Successful ?

    I'm trying it with minced pork, I'll use palm sugar because I'm a prick.
    Can't wait.

    Linguine alle Vongole for lunch tomorrow
    Diet starts next week...
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 9 Mar 2019 22:42:49 5,636 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Now in fairness, that looks decent. See how zooming out a bit makes the pictures look less icky?
  • wobbly_Bob 9 Mar 2019 22:54:41 5,076 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    wobbly_Bob wrote:

    pad kra pao

    Ingredients

    A big handful of Thai basil
    350g chicken breast minced or pork with knife/knives
    10 birds eye chilli
    4 small dried chilli
    a whole garlic head
    3 TBS of soy sauce
    1 & 1/2 TBS of dark soy sauce
    1 TBS of fish sauce
    1 TBS of sugar

    (an egg optional but not really!)
    I'm having this on Sunday night \o/
    Making it today \o/
    Successful ?

    I'm trying it with minced pork, I'll use palm sugar because I'm a prick.
    Can't wait.

    Linguine alle Vongole for lunch tomorrow
    Diet starts next week...
    Yeah it was so good. I actually made it with pork too. It's worth coarsely mincing your meat for this it makes a big difference. A touch of Maggi too :p
  • monkehhh 9 Mar 2019 23:09:44 5,082 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can't beat a bit of MSG!

    Couldn't figure out why all the mustard oil I was finding was being marketed for hair care on the packaging, quick Google and it turns out you can't sell it as food in the UK. The local Asian supermarket doesn't seem still concerned and still puts it with all the other cooking oils ('for external use only').
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Mar 2019 00:09:05 26,456 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear Now in fairness, that looks decent. See how zooming out a bit makes the pictures look less icky?
    Hmmmm

  • Armoured_Bear 10 Mar 2019 00:10:22 26,456 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    wobbly_Bob wrote:

    pad kra pao

    Ingredients

    A big handful of Thai basil
    350g chicken breast minced or pork with knife/knives
    10 birds eye chilli
    4 small dried chilli
    a whole garlic head
    3 TBS of soy sauce
    1 & 1/2 TBS of dark soy sauce
    1 TBS of fish sauce
    1 TBS of sugar

    (an egg optional but not really!)
    I'm having this on Sunday night \o/
    Making it today \o/
    Successful ?

    I'm trying it with minced pork, I'll use palm sugar because I'm a prick.
    Can't wait.

    Linguine alle Vongole for lunch tomorrow
    Diet starts next week...
    Yeah it was so good. I actually made it with pork too. It's worth coarsely mincing your meat for this it makes a big difference. A touch of Maggi too :p
    Now you tell me about the coarse mincing!
    Maggi can sniff ma boaby.
  • GoatApocalypse 10 Mar 2019 10:58:34 5,550 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pleased to report that Quorn ham is actually edible
  • wobbly_Bob 10 Mar 2019 15:32:32 5,076 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Taking a small break and giving my rear end a rest from the spicy assault.

    Doing a beef pot roast with some nice roast potatoes. I'll simmer the beef in some red wine and stock with carrots and parsnips. Hopefully it's as nice as it sounds.
  • quadfather 10 Mar 2019 15:55:08 34,310 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Beef tacos baked with cheese
  • Frogofdoom 10 Mar 2019 16:09:54 12,901 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's a bit weird, a load of posts have vanished from this thread.
  • JamboWayOh 10 Mar 2019 16:17:41 12,666 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    That's a bit weird, a load of posts have vanished from this thread.
    From who?
  • wobbly_Bob 10 Mar 2019 16:17:44 5,076 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Beef tacos baked with cheese
    Tacos always a good choice! What tacos are you going with? Is it ye old el paso?
  • Frogofdoom 10 Mar 2019 16:19:22 12,901 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @JamboWayOh actually my mistake it's because the lunch post is on the front page too.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Mar 2019 20:12:34 26,456 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob
    Well, that was enjoyable 😃



  • quadfather 10 Mar 2019 21:06:44 34,310 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Beef tacos baked with cheese
    Tacos always a good choice! What tacos are you going with? Is it ye old el paso?
    Not really authentic, but went for this -

    https://photos.app.goo.gl/f3a7rPCZkUEPpwh47
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.