Following What's for DINNER tonight then? Page 304

  • smoothpete 16 May 2019 14:46:56 35,971 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I was expecting something minging looking but honestly that haggis pie looks great. Shame the crust isn't a bit higher so you fit some mushy peas and gravy in the top.
  • Armoured_Bear 16 May 2019 14:56:54 27,362 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    I was expecting something minging looking but honestly that haggis pie looks great. Shame the crust isn't a bit higher so you fit some mushy peas and gravy in the top.
    Mushy peas can GTF but whisky onion gravy would do the business.
    It looks great because gf cooked it, not me :)
  • smoothpete 16 May 2019 14:59:57 35,971 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Oh I assumed it was from that pie shop.

    I like the idea though, did she invent it or follow a recipe?
  • wobbly_Bob 16 May 2019 15:01:53 5,144 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Iím having Haggis Pie tonight , before that I have a 90 minute Thai massage booked.

    I may die happy tonight.
    #living the dream. Haggis pie has to be awesome. Have you had it before?
    Yep, last night :)


    WOW! That looks amazing. Recipe?
  • fontgeeksogood 16 May 2019 15:03:11 6,779 posts
    Seen 12 seconds ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Make a shepherd's pie using haggis, put pastry around it
  • Alastair 16 May 2019 15:04:14 23,764 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Alastair wrote:
    We don't need any photos.
    Would still be more appetising than some of the recent photos in here.
    What, the sight of you getting wanked off??
    You got in trouble for posting shit like that once before. I'm assuming it wasn't you in it back then.
  • Alastair 16 May 2019 15:05:41 23,764 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I've always found haggis too peppery for my tastes. But that looks pretty decent. Did you have neeps with it?
  • Armoured_Bear 16 May 2019 15:06:05 27,362 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Make a shepherd's pie using haggis, put pastry around it
    Yes, plus Mashed Parsnip.
    Can't really fail.
  • Armoured_Bear 16 May 2019 15:06:55 27,362 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    I've always found haggis too peppery for my tastes. But that looks pretty decent. Did you have neeps with it?
    There is a layer of mashed parsnip (Couldn't get neeps) and mashed potato on top.
  • Armoured_Bear 16 May 2019 15:07:46 27,362 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Alastair wrote:
    We don't need any photos.
    Would still be more appetising than some of the recent photos in here.
    What, the sight of you getting wanked off??
    You got in trouble for posting shit like that once before. I'm assuming it wasn't you in it back then.
    Nah, the guys were ripped, think PES might have been there.
  • Alastair 16 May 2019 15:08:55 23,764 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Alastair wrote:
    I've always found haggis too peppery for my tastes. But that looks pretty decent. Did you have neeps with it?
    There is a layer of mashed parsnip (Couldn't get neeps) and mashed potato on top.
    Some might cry, "Sacrilege!"
    But not me. I like parsnips.
  • smoothpete 16 May 2019 15:10:08 35,971 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I might have a stab at that. I really like haggis. I genuinely do not think there is a better cold weather food. Like, just been for a cold drizzly sunday walk, country pub with open log fire, glass of scotch, haggis neeps & tatties, fucking winner.
  • elstoof 16 May 2019 15:16:07 23,968 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    By my calculations, Iíve eaten about 3.5kg of haggis this year so far
  • Armoured_Bear 16 May 2019 15:16:35 27,362 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    I might have a stab at that. I really like haggis. I genuinely do not think there is a better cold weather food. Like, just been for a cold drizzly sunday walk, country pub with open log fire, glass of scotch, haggis neeps & tatties, fucking winner.
    Yes, proper winter food.

    Here's the recipe
  • Armoured_Bear 16 May 2019 15:17:32 27,362 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    By my calculations, Iíve eaten about 3.5kg of haggis this year so far
    Fine work for a Sassenach...
  • elstoof 16 May 2019 15:33:43 23,968 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Iím probably more Scottish than you tbh
  • Armoured_Bear 16 May 2019 16:04:17 27,362 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Iím probably more Scottish than you tbh
    Really?
  • elstoof 16 May 2019 18:30:03 23,968 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Am no kidding
  • Load_2.0 16 May 2019 18:57:32 29,782 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Fuck Haggis.

    Make that illegal after Brexit.
  • elstoof 16 May 2019 19:12:39 23,968 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Fuck Haggis.
    Whatever works for you big guy
  • Armoured_Bear 16 May 2019 20:32:56 27,362 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Am no kidding
    Haha.
  • elstoof 16 May 2019 20:51:35 23,968 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I was born in London but there's absolutely 0 English in me. Family are all from Glasgow city centre, ancestry is all Celt and Scandinavian
  • Armoured_Bear 16 May 2019 23:04:57 27,362 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    I was born in London but there's absolutely 0 English in me. Family are all from Glasgow city centre, ancestry is all Celt and Scandinavian
    Cool, think I'm 15/16 Scottish, 1/16 Irish. AFAIK, innit.

    You can't change your genes but you can change your accent :;)
  • quadfather 17 May 2019 17:27:43 34,922 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fillet steak, chips and green beans
  • wobbly_Bob 17 May 2019 18:23:23 5,144 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Malaysian chicken satay and rice
  • JamboWayOh 17 May 2019 18:28:06 14,773 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Fillet steak, chips and green beans
    Looking forward to pics.
  • quadfather 17 May 2019 18:36:41 34,922 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Fillet steak, chips and green beans
    Looking forward to pics.
    Pressure's on!
  • Armoured_Bear 17 May 2019 19:53:51 27,362 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Fillet steak, chips and green beans
    Sauce?
  • Armoured_Bear 17 May 2019 19:55:49 27,362 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm knackered and working all weekend so bought a Uma Ribeye as a reward for Sunday or Monday.

    Tonight, takeaway - Half a duck with plum dipping sauce.
  • thelzdking 17 May 2019 21:33:50 9,524 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Fillet steak, chips and green beans
    Sauce?
    From a jar.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.