Michael Jackson's death Page 71

  • FWB 7 Nov 2011 22:01:21 55,275 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    God, look at those MJ fans going ape shit. Of course he wasn't responsible for his own death. He never demanded the concoctions of drugs.

    Just makes me want to scream.

    Edited by FWB at 22:02:05 07-11-2011
  • sirtacos 7 Nov 2011 22:05:12 8,074 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If I were MJ, I wouldn't have demanded that the doctor Give In To Me, but that's Human Nature innit. However with his Child's Heart MJ shouldn't be given all the blame.

    ok that was shit
  • Feanor 7 Nov 2011 22:09:28 14,272 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    God, look at those MJ fans going ape shit. Of course he wasn't responsible for his own death. He never demanded the concoctions of drugs.

    Just makes me want to scream.
    Scream all you want, the doctor was clearly negligent with his treatment. Patients demand all sorts of things, good doctors don't just give it to them..
  • thelzdking 7 Nov 2011 22:11:36 8,707 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Puns: don't stop 'til you get enough!
  • sirtacos 7 Nov 2011 22:12:37 8,074 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That doctor was clearly off the wall.

    Something something earth song.
  • thelzdking 7 Nov 2011 22:13:13 8,707 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    God, look at those MJ fans going ape shit. Of course he wasn't responsible for his own death. He never demanded the concoctions of drugs.

    Just makes me want to scream.
    Scream all you want, the doctor was clearly negligent with his treatment. Patients demand all sorts of things, good doctors don't just give it to them..
    Bad doctors: you can tell that they don't really care about us.

    Okay, I'll stop now.

    Edited by thelzdking at 22:14:12 07-11-2011
  • Syrette 7 Nov 2011 22:21:02 50,040 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I guess that doctor won't be able to heal the world any more.
  • Deleted user 7 November 2011 22:24:26
    Does Gary Glitter need a doctor?
  • jonsaan 7 Nov 2011 22:35:19 26,791 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Scapegoat! Yay!
  • SambaApe 7 Nov 2011 22:42:02 1,194 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    Scapegoat! Yay!
    Exactly how I feel. The sense of vitriol is odd. Feeling jubilant for a sense of justice is one thing but celebrating someone being locked away is very sad..
  • Dougs 7 Nov 2011 22:47:48 87,394 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    Scapegoat! Yay!
    Feels like that to me too. Don't know the ins and outs terribly, but I'm struggling with the concept that they proved his guilt beyond all reasonable doubt
  • Ashwood 7 Nov 2011 23:10:14 409 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Involuntary manslaughter? He was charged with not doing more to stop Michael Jackson accidentally killing himself... surely by that logic - we're all guilty.

    Didn't think I'd feel as angry as I do about it, but seeing people's reactions to it is sickening.

    Why didn't they publicly shame and convict Heath Ledgers doctor when he OD'd?
  • coastal 7 Nov 2011 23:16:41 5,425 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @cheeky_prawnking - exactly.
  • ronuds 7 Nov 2011 23:17:51 21,781 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I suggest you guys not get into medicine if you believe giving someone a dose of drugs that kills them won't get you into trouble.

    The punishment options don't sound so bad for him, with the worst being 4 years in prison. Which, in the US, means about a year.
  • Tom_Servo 7 Nov 2011 23:51:06 18,079 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    https://twitter.com/#!/DocConMurray
  • Deleted user 8 November 2011 00:00:58
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    https://twitter.com/#!/DocConMurray
    :D at the moonwalk one
  • SambaApe 8 Nov 2011 00:10:57 1,194 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    https://twitter.com/#!/DocConMurray
    Hah!!
  • Feanor 8 Nov 2011 00:58:06 14,272 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Ashwood wrote:
    Involuntary manslaughter? He was charged with not doing more to stop Michael Jackson accidentally killing himself... surely by that logic - we're all guilty.

    Didn't think I'd feel as angry as I do about it, but seeing people's reactions to it is sickening.

    Why didn't they publicly shame and convict Heath Ledgers doctor when he OD'd?
    Because Ledger's doctors didn't even give him the prescription drugs which he took himself while alone and then died.

    I don't know about you, but I'm not guilty of any of this:

    October 19 & 20, 2011: Days 13 and 14
    Shafer showed a video of the use of Propofol during a procedure. He testified about his review of the Murray case. He found seventeen "separate and distinct egregious violations" of the standard of care, of which four were unconscionable, based on Murray's police interview:

    The lack of the basic emergency airway equipment.
    The lack of the advanced emergency airway equipment.
    The lack of suction apparatus.
    The lack of an IV infusion pump.
    The lack of alarmed pulse oximetry.
    The failure to use a blood pressure cuff.
    The lack of an electrocardiogram.
    The lack of capnography.
    The failure to maintain a doctor-patient relationship.
    The failure to continuously monitor the mental status of the patient.
    The failure to continuously monitor the breathing of the patient.
    The failure to continuously monitor blood pressure and pulse oximetry, and to have heart monitors.
    The failure to call 911 immediately.
    The failure to chart at the outset of the procedure (egregious and unconscionable).
    The failure to maintain written informed consent (egregious and unconscionable).
    The failure to document throughout the course of sedation (egregious and unconscionable).
    The failure to disclose to both the paramedics and UCLA the use of Propofol and What Murray witnessed at the arrest.

    Question: "Each one of these seventeen egregious violations is individually likely or expected to result in injury or death to Michael Jackson?" Response: "Yes"
  • OnlyMe 8 Nov 2011 01:14:57 3,135 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I guess I'm the only one who thinks it's fucking horrible that such a musical figure as Michael Jackson has passed away due to incompetance. MJ wasn't exactly old, so he should've had several more years left to make music.

    But then that's how I tick, I always wonder what could've been. Perhaps MJ had one more masterpiece waiting to be made. Imagine if John Lennon had been with us today and what kind of music he would've played.
  • FWB 8 Nov 2011 01:18:10 55,275 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Didn't deserve to die, but what was he doing surrounding himself by these kind of people? Takes two to tango and I bet he wasn't complaining about taking the drugs.

    Never rated his music that highly anyway. Brilliant marketer, but there are better song writers.
  • Deleted user 8 November 2011 05:15:03
    It was not a normal job for any Dr. but the doc has to take the responsibility for it i'm afraid. He deserves to be locked up, but not with hardcore killers, a soft jail for man of his stature would be ok.
  • speedofthepuma 8 Nov 2011 05:37:44 13,425 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    From what Feanor posted it doesn't seem like scapegoating to me.
  • FWB 8 Nov 2011 07:56:40 55,275 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Of course he needs to be punished and the sentencing sounds about right IMHO.
  • Fake_Blood 8 Nov 2011 08:03:29 9,105 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mr. Jackson didn't die because of incompetance, he died because he took a bunch of drugs, then called a doc to come inject even more drugs.
  • warlockuk 8 Nov 2011 08:46:41 19,487 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Who cares, we lost a paedo.
  • nickthegun 8 Nov 2011 09:43:07 75,873 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    In some senses, he was quite unlucky. If he had refused, Jackson would have gone through doctor after doctor until he found someone who was willing to prescribe and dose him with all those sedatives. If it hadnt been him, it would have been someone else and I suppose the pressure from some one of MJs stature plus a fuckton of cash got the better of him.
  • chopsen 8 Nov 2011 09:48:19 20,325 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    Ashwood wrote:
    Involuntary manslaughter? He was charged with not doing more to stop Michael Jackson accidentally killing himself... surely by that logic - we're all guilty.

    Didn't think I'd feel as angry as I do about it, but seeing people's reactions to it is sickening.

    Why didn't they publicly shame and convict Heath Ledgers doctor when he OD'd?
    Because Ledger's doctors didn't even give him the prescription drugs which he took himself while alone and then died.

    I don't know about you, but I'm not guilty of any of this:

    October 19 & 20, 2011: Days 13 and 14
    Shafer showed a video of the use of Propofol during a procedure. He testified about his review of the Murray case. He found seventeen "separate and distinct egregious violations" of the standard of care, of which four were unconscionable, based on Murray's police interview:

    The lack of the basic emergency airway equipment.
    The lack of the advanced emergency airway equipment.
    The lack of suction apparatus.
    The lack of an IV infusion pump.
    The lack of alarmed pulse oximetry.
    The failure to use a blood pressure cuff.
    The lack of an electrocardiogram.
    The lack of capnography.
    The failure to maintain a doctor-patient relationship.
    The failure to continuously monitor the mental status of the patient.
    The failure to continuously monitor the breathing of the patient.
    The failure to continuously monitor blood pressure and pulse oximetry, and to have heart monitors.
    The failure to call 911 immediately.
    The failure to chart at the outset of the procedure (egregious and unconscionable).
    The failure to maintain written informed consent (egregious and unconscionable).
    The failure to document throughout the course of sedation (egregious and unconscionable).
    The failure to disclose to both the paramedics and UCLA the use of Propofol and What Murray witnessed at the arrest.

    Question: "Each one of these seventeen egregious violations is individually likely or expected to result in injury or death to Michael Jackson?" Response: "Yes"
    Not getting informed consent likely to cause death? Really?
  • chopsen 8 Nov 2011 09:58:55 20,325 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    In some senses, he was quite unlucky. If he had refused, Jackson would have gone through doctor after doctor until he found someone who was willing to prescribe and dose him with all those sedatives. If it hadnt been him, it would have been someone else and I suppose the pressure from some one of MJs stature plus a fuckton of cash got the better of him.
    That's why there has a to be strong sanctions against behaving like this, though I'm not sure how I feel about a prison sentence.

    I've not really being following the story (and 90% of what I know I get from this page) but the doc was definitely operating outside of common practice, seems like he was operating outside of his area of competence, did something for which there was no medical indication, and someone died.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.