Michael Jackson's death Page 72

Next Last
  • nickthegun 8 Nov 2011 10:09:14 74,454 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:

That's why there has a to be strong sanctions against behaving like this, though I'm not sure how I feel about a prison sentence.
    I bet there are some brown trousers in the porsche drivin', vicodin peddlin', hollywood medical community this morning.
  • morriss 8 Nov 2011 10:17:17 71,290 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    Ashwood wrote:
    Involuntary manslaughter? He was charged with not doing more to stop Michael Jackson accidentally killing himself... surely by that logic - we're all guilty.

Didn't think I'd feel as angry as I do about it, but seeing people's reactions to it is sickening.

Why didn't they publicly shame and convict Heath Ledgers doctor when he OD'd?
    Because Ledger's doctors didn't even give him the prescription drugs which he took himself while alone and then died.

I don't know about you, but I'm not guilty of any of this:

October 19 & 20, 2011: Days 13 and 14
    Shafer showed a video of the use of Propofol during a procedure. He testified about his review of the Murray case. He found seventeen "separate and distinct egregious violations" of the standard of care, of which four were unconscionable, based on Murray's police interview:

The lack of the basic emergency airway equipment.
    The lack of the advanced emergency airway equipment.
    The lack of suction apparatus.
    The lack of an IV infusion pump.
    The lack of alarmed pulse oximetry.
    The failure to use a blood pressure cuff.
    The lack of an electrocardiogram.
    The lack of capnography.
    The failure to maintain a doctor-patient relationship.
    The failure to continuously monitor the mental status of the patient.
    The failure to continuously monitor the breathing of the patient.
    The failure to continuously monitor blood pressure and pulse oximetry, and to have heart monitors.
    The failure to call 911 immediately.
    The failure to chart at the outset of the procedure (egregious and unconscionable).
    The failure to maintain written informed consent (egregious and unconscionable).
    The failure to document throughout the course of sedation (egregious and unconscionable).
    The failure to disclose to both the paramedics and UCLA the use of Propofol and What Murray witnessed at the arrest.

Question: "Each one of these seventeen egregious violations is individually likely or expected to result in injury or death to Michael Jackson?" Response: "Yes"
    Judging by recent comments this list needs to be posted again.
  • dr_swin 8 Nov 2011 10:30:10 4,927 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Like Chopsen, I have not been following the case that closely. My initial impressions though when the case first broke were, "He's using Propofol to get him off to sleep... o_O"
  • nickthegun 8 Nov 2011 10:39:34 74,454 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Im not a doctor, but I thought that too. What other drugs must you be on to need an anesthetic to sleep? Most people get away with a night nurse.
  • chopsen 8 Nov 2011 11:04:58 20,168 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I don't consider myself to have had a good night's sleep unless someone could take my appendix out without me noticing.
  • Dougs 8 Nov 2011 11:05:58 86,064 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The, errrm, counterbalance. More about Jacko's life and rumours than his death, but quite eye-opening. If true of course.
  • thelzdking 8 Nov 2011 11:25:47 8,298 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Im not a doctor, but I thought that too. What other drugs must you be on to need an anesthetic to sleep? Most people get away with a night nurse.
    His imsomnia could have been the result of trying to ween himself off painkillers. We'll never really know exactly what was going on, other than that Jackson was a seasoned drug addict and Murray was his enabler.

Anyway, does any one remember the time that this thread was full of jolly puns?
  • Dirtbox 11 Jul 2018 13:08:45 90,631 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/michael-jackson-was-chemically-castrated-by-his-dad-says-doctor/news-story/8fbeb16135cea846c2ce22da569df774

Well that is fucked up.
  • neilka 11 Jul 2018 13:09:52 21,558 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I guess the kid really was not his son.
  • Dirtbox 11 Jul 2018 13:13:46 90,631 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
  • Khanivor 11 Jul 2018 13:29:16 43,856 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    :D
  • LegendaryApe 11 Jul 2018 13:42:10 1,734 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Bravo
  • fontgeeksogood 11 Jul 2018 16:05:46 1,163 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Stealing a gag, but if Joe Jackson had beaten cancer, not only would he still be alive, cancer would've been a better singer
  • ZuluHero 11 Jul 2018 16:18:15 6,457 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Brings a whole new meaning to the song Beat It.
  • Fake_Blood 11 Jul 2018 16:20:05 8,777 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I say 3 years max before one of his kids ODs. I can only imagine what they went through before AND after his death.
  • DrStrangelove 11 Jul 2018 18:05:25 12,857 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "One of the things I’m going to talk about today is my grandpa about what y’all got to f---ing say about him.

So y’all can keep on talking all this s---, saying he abused my dad and all this and you’ll make a YouTube video about it for sure.

But he raised these kids right, otherwise they would have been in gangs or f---ing dead."
    That's one way of confirming it
  • SiegWahrheit 11 Jul 2018 20:42:39 7 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    well I think if that castration thing is true then the old allegations are pretty much proven false
    he wouldn't really have had a sex drive to speak of.
  • up_the_ante 11 Jul 2018 23:30:31 648 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
  • You-can-call-me-kal 12 Jul 2018 07:16:17 11,894 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SiegWahrheit wrote:
    well I think if that castration thing is true then the old allegations are pretty much proven false
    he wouldn't really have had a sex drive to speak of.
    Abuse of that kind is much more complex than sex drive. Tricky area as we know so little about real details but certainly doesn’t completely end the issue.
  • Graxlar_v3 12 Jul 2018 10:37:34 3,085 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    my understanding of it all is, MJ was clearly a child in a grown up body. Unfortunately he had the money and the status to get kids to go around for sleep overs that although may have had no sexual connotation (kid in grown up body) was creepy as fuck and should not have been allowed to happen.
  • fontgeeksogood 12 Jul 2018 10:39:00 1,163 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    I would totally have gone to Neverland for a sleepover but I guess I was kinda slutty at 8
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jul 2018 10:40:29 14,794 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I was lead to believe that Michael was "sniffing little boys booty holes" so I'm not sure what bearing chemical castration would have on that.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.