Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    spurslol wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    spurslol wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    spurslol wrote:
    50m doesn't even buy one decent defender though
    Outside of the Premiership cess pit it does.
    In Scotland it buys TWO defenders.

lol 50 million
    For the majority of the football world, it's unheard of to be sitting on 50M in cash, unspent.
    Maybe in 1995
    You're pretty boring, even by troll standards.
    Shouldn't you be chasing cars or something?
  • fontgeeksogood 13 Aug 2019 22:30:53 6,541 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Trowel wrote:
    But what does Nicola Sturgeon think?
    She must condemn
  • Gruff 13 Aug 2019 22:35:05 3,443 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    spurslol wrote:
    Gruff wrote:
    spurslol wrote:
    Gruff wrote:
    Thought we dropped into it, we don't deserve it TBH. They don't want League champions in their Champions league anyway, just a bunch of 2nd and 3rd place teams who can add to their Scrooge McDuck pile of money.
    I don't think the one horse race League champions really have much of a moral high ground here tbh.
    We won something at least
    Ya my team did as well

1 Trophy in 20 years, ya your flying, keep picking up those 3rd places though, FIFA designed it's league for teams like yours
  • THFourteen 14 Aug 2019 05:47:23 52,591 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Holy shit. I stopped watching at 2-1 :-(
  • JYM60 14 Aug 2019 16:13:03 17,783 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    LOL complaining about champions league not only having league champions in it. That would be absolutely shite to watch. Would basically just be watching more Euro and World Cup qualifiers. Painful stuff.
  • Armoured_Bear 14 Aug 2019 16:19:36 27,192 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JYM60 wrote:
    LOL complaining about champions league not only having league champions in it. That would be absolutely shite to watch. Would basically just be watching more Euro and World Cup qualifiers. Painful stuff.
    You think itís good that Ajax have to play qualifiers to reach the group stages despite winning their league and being CL semi-finalists whereas the likes of 4th place Bayer Leverkusen donít ?
  • JYM60 14 Aug 2019 16:23:45 17,783 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well that does seem a bit strange considering the Dutch league and Dutch football team are generally competitive, and that Ajax are probably a better team than Leverkusen.

I think one outlier is hardly an argument that it should just be league champions though. Because I think everyone can admit that would be horrible.
  • fontgeeksogood 14 Aug 2019 16:26:45 6,541 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Yes because the relative strength of the leagues is something which is directly comperable and nobody wants a situation where Celtic get into the first round not on that merit and stink up eight games rather than two over a team which are better.

Next
  • Tomo 14 Aug 2019 21:45:26 16,678 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Super Cup... Great game so far.

But seriously fuck these stupid late offside flags. Celebrate your team score and then 10 seconds later it's been ruled offside again. It's so fucking stupid.

Between that and the new handside rules, the game has become so much more frustrating to watch.
  • Mark1412 14 Aug 2019 21:51:18 1,500 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Chelsea have looked good. Deserve to win.
  • Tomo 14 Aug 2019 22:07:05 16,678 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    And the fucking stupid obsessive keeper on the line penalty rule.
  • senso-ji 14 Aug 2019 22:07:17 9,706 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That was quite the swan dive from Abraham.
  • FWB 14 Aug 2019 22:08:44 56,156 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    What I've really taken from this is how completely abject Norwich must be which in turn suggests the gulf between the PL and Championship has significantly grown recently.

And Liverpool's defence has deteriorated since last season.

Edited by FWB at 22:11:11 14-08-2019
  • fontgeeksogood 14 Aug 2019 22:12:28 6,541 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Norwich spent £750k in the summer and, although I can't be impartial, their squad massively over achieved last season. They're not planning on a long PL stay
  • Armoured_Bear 14 Aug 2019 22:12:37 27,192 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JYM60 wrote:
    Well that does seem a bit strange considering the Dutch league and Dutch football team are generally competitive, and that Ajax are probably a better team than Leverkusen.

I think one outlier is hardly an argument that it should just be league champions though. Because I think everyone can admit that would be horrible.
    Doesn't matter, you'll soon have a European closed shop of foreign-owned megacorp franchises playing each other to death, it'll be awesome.
  • DakeyrasUK 14 Aug 2019 22:49:09 2,920 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Quite the game that.

Unlucky Chelsea, you played much better tonight than the other night (Kante had quite the role in that).

We were shite first half, but think we just edged the game. Still no idea what a handball is anymore and not sure why var didn't overturn that pen award, but hey ho we won!
  • JYM60 14 Aug 2019 23:21:04 17,783 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    JYM60 wrote:

Doesn't matter, you'll soon have a European closed shop of foreign-owned megacorp franchises playing each other to death, it'll be awesome.
    Not sure why you're so fussed anyway. According to John Hartson Celtic fans are more interested in being the best pub team 10 years in a row anyway.
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Aug 2019 00:23:27 27,192 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JYM60 wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    JYM60 wrote:

Not sure why you're so fussed anyway. According to John Hartson Celtic fans are more interested in being the best pub team 10 years in a row anyway.
    Only the idiot ones, I couldn't give a fck about 10 in a row.
    The whole "pub league" stuff is really original btw, no idea how English football fans get a reputation for being obnoxious and arrogant.
  • JYM60 15 Aug 2019 03:03:50 17,783 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm not English lol.

I would say because you don't usually hear so much noise from a club in a dog shit league. Did you know Linfield hold the world record of 24 domestic doubles? Impressive, right?

Well it is a more competitive league than the SPL...

Edited by JYM60 at 03:04:10 15-08-2019
  • Gruff 15 Aug 2019 10:55:04 3,443 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    What do you know, you get your info from John Hartson
  • askew 15 Aug 2019 22:53:33 19,563 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wolves are making this competition look easy.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.