US calls NHS "evil" Page 2

  • TheStylishHobo 12 Aug 2009 22:16:51 3,185 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    Then when she turns 66 and gets cancer and no private insurance company will go near her she can cry about that instead.

    Dude...
  • BabyJesus 12 Aug 2009 22:19:27 4,412 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TheStylishHobo wrote:


    "The American Right - Making the right wing globally look bad."

    I've always been amazed(in a bad way) at how some of the right wingers over there operate, it seems totally backward to me.

    The Tories are the equivalent of the Democrats over there which is quite absurd considering the democrats are supposed to be leftists.

    The republicans hold more in common with extreme right wingers over here than the Tories.
  • ronuds 12 Aug 2009 22:19:39 21,781 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It's rare to find more hatred in EG than when a US topic comes up...dare I say ignorance too. :p
  • Deleted user 12 August 2009 22:20:05
    Yeah, but you know that deep down the Tories are very resentful of that!
  • Khanivor 12 Aug 2009 22:21:09 44,479 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    BabyJesus wrote:

    The vocal batshit crazy republicans hold more in common with extreme right wingers over here than the Tories.

    Fixed that for ya.
  • Deleted user 12 August 2009 22:21:35
    BBC news, clip of a Rep. being harassed at a meeting.

    Woman: 'I don't, I don't want to see my country turning into Russia'
    Crowd: WOOO! YAH! YEAH!
    RedSparrows: FFS /facedesk
  • BabyJesus 12 Aug 2009 22:21:56 4,412 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    It's rare to find more hatred in EG than when a US topic comes up...dare I say ignorance too. :p


    Boring troll is boring.
  • TheStylishHobo 12 Aug 2009 22:25:19 3,185 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    BabyJesus wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    It's rare to find more hatred in EG than when a US topic comes up...dare I say ignorance too. :p


    Boring troll is boring.

    Nah, he's just an offended American.

    @ronuds

    I'm fairly sure no one here actually has anything against the average American. The thread title is unfortunate, but it should be obvious we're not actually ranting about the American people, just their god awful politics.
  • ronuds 12 Aug 2009 22:26:29 21,781 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Boring, maybe...but a troll - how?

    Anyway, carry on talking about trailor trash. That's very exciting.
  • TheStylishHobo 12 Aug 2009 22:27:12 3,185 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    Boring, maybe...but a troll - how?

    Anyway, carry on talking about trailor trash. That's very exciting.

    Even in American English "trailor" is wrong ;]
  • Deleted user 12 August 2009 22:27:16
    Ronuds, if people stop haranguing the US endlessly (I agree, it's very tiring) will you stop being boring? :) ^^
  • ronuds 12 Aug 2009 22:27:56 21,781 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    TheStylishHobo wrote:
    BabyJesus wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    It's rare to find more hatred in EG than when a US topic comes up...dare I say ignorance too. :p


    Boring troll is boring.

    Nah, he's just an offended American.

    @ronuds

    I'm fairly sure no one here actually has anything against the average American. The thread title is unfortunate, but it should be obvious we're not actually ranting about the American people, just their god awful politics.

    Nah - I'm not genuinely offended. You should hear what we say about you guys. :p

    I'm kidding, of course!!! lol On US forums, we actually don't talk much about Europe...except the lousy French. Nobody likes them, though - amirite?
  • BabyJesus 12 Aug 2009 22:28:17 4,412 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Edit-removed

    Although the thread title is more akin to a tabloid headline than a reasonable description of the things being discussed.
  • Deleted user 12 August 2009 22:30:07
    I like 'the French', as much as one can like an entire people. Esp. Eva Green. NOM NOM
  • Deleted user 12 August 2009 22:30:49
    ecureuil wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    BBC news, clip of a Rep. being harassed at a meeting.

    Woman: 'I don't, I don't want to see my country turning into Russia'
    Crowd: WOOO! YAH! YEAH!
    RedSparrows: FFS /facedesk

    Will somebody please, PLEASE ask some of these idiots if they think the UK and Canada are communist?

    Or ask them if they understand what communism actually is.
  • BabyJesus 12 Aug 2009 22:33:03 4,412 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    BBC news, clip of a Rep. being harassed at a meeting.

    Woman: 'I don't, I don't want to see my country turning into Russia'
    Crowd: WOOO! YAH! YEAH!
    RedSparrows: FFS /facedesk

    Will somebody please, PLEASE ask some of these idiots if they think the UK and Canada are communist?

    Or ask them if they understand what communism actually is.

    I think that is the question that really needs to be asked. Don't they teach political theory over there?
  • TheStylishHobo 12 Aug 2009 22:35:14 3,185 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    America is pretty awful politically, but in all fairness, we could have a much worse global power.

    They're not great, but be grateful.
  • ronuds 12 Aug 2009 22:35:46 21,781 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    TheStylishHobo wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    Boring, maybe...but a troll - how?

    Anyway, carry on talking about trailor trash. That's very exciting.

    Even in American English "trailor" is wrong ;]

    And I know better than to not read my comments on EG before submitting. :(
  • ronuds 12 Aug 2009 22:37:10 21,781 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    BabyJesus wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    BBC news, clip of a Rep. being harassed at a meeting.

    Woman: 'I don't, I don't want to see my country turning into Russia'
    Crowd: WOOO! YAH! YEAH!
    RedSparrows: FFS /facedesk

    Will somebody please, PLEASE ask some of these idiots if they think the UK and Canada are communist?

    Or ask them if they understand what communism actually is.

    I think that is the question that really needs to be asked. Don't they teach political theory over there?

    First we should identify who "them" is and then that question could be answered. Most of us know what communism is, though.
  • TheStylishHobo 12 Aug 2009 22:39:41 3,185 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Poor ronuds. I can see why he is being overly defensive though. Us Brits are used to being the minority online around Americans. And ronuds, probably not so much.
  • BabyJesus 12 Aug 2009 22:40:03 4,412 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    BabyJesus wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    BBC news, clip of a Rep. being harassed at a meeting.

    Woman: 'I don't, I don't want to see my country turning into Russia'
    Crowd: WOOO! YAH! YEAH!
    RedSparrows: FFS /facedesk

    Will somebody please, PLEASE ask some of these idiots if they think the UK and Canada are communist?

    Or ask them if they understand what communism actually is.

    I think that is the question that really needs to be asked. Don't they teach political theory over there?

    First we should identify who "them" is and then that question could be answered. Most of us know what communism is, though.

    Them being the loopy people who associate any sort of state help as communism.
  • Deleted user 12 August 2009 22:49:28
    Yes, essentially.

    I must note that I am generally pro-US, it's a country I'd love to visit one day properly, and it's brought a lot of wonderful culture to the world, so I do get fucked off when people just call it ALL Hollywood-Redneck-Evangelist-Idiot-land.
  • BabyJesus 12 Aug 2009 22:51:43 4,412 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Yes, essentially.

    I must note that I am generally pro-US, it's a country I'd love to visit one day properly, and it's brought a lot of wonderful culture to the world, so I do get fucked off when people just call it ALL Hollywood-Redneck-Evangelist-Idiot-land.

    I've been to Florida 3 times and visit my cousin over in New York most years. Wouldn't say I'm pro-US policies, but on the most part pro-us people. The sheer ignorance of some of the population frustrates the living daylights out of me at times though(stands for all countries though).
  • Xerx3s 13 Aug 2009 00:03:38 23,959 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Seriously, who gives a shit any more? If they are too thick to help themselves then let them choke in their own ignorance. Land of the free? Don't make me laugh.

    We have enough problems of our own to worry about. :/
  • ChronoTravis 13 Aug 2009 00:47:48 155 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Paperghost 13 Aug 2009 07:53:17 1,702 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    heh, the paper / site that started it all can't bring themselves to apologise and comes up with this instead...

    http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=334974250188090
  • Vice.Destroyer 13 Aug 2009 08:29:45 7,311 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Those guys didn't start it all. But they came up with THE most outrageous untruth.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.