Anyone been to Prague? Page 3

Next Last
  • elstoof 27 Mar 2015 18:28:00 23,415 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wahey! Come on lads, let's book something in for geekmeet: Prague arse fingering edition!
  • THFourteen 2 Apr 2015 15:19:51 52,203 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    @THFourteen

Surely there's more to do in Prague than watch the Arsenal?
    TBH i'd happily give it a miss as we are only there for 2 days, but my mate is also an arsenal fan and its his stag so i'm waiting for him to tell me what he wants to do. Also i'd rather someone else made the decision not to watch the game so i can pretend that i really wanted to watch it as i'm a proper fan.

Otherwise the game is 6:30-8:30 + ET on saturday, i'd quite like to book the beer hall people mentioned for dinner on the saturday.
  • THFourteen 15 Apr 2015 10:00:21 52,203 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Here's the final itinerary!

Friday
    • 12:50PM : Arrive in Prague, head to town via airport express bus, grab a light lunch
    • 3PM : Check in then head out into town
    • 7:30PM : Dinner & Live Blues music @ Butcher’s Grill & Pasta
    • 11PM : Cross Club (6min taxi or number 14 tram or C Metro line Florenc to Nádraží Holešovice)

Saturday
    • 1pm – 4:30pm : Activity - shooting M16s etc, pickup and drop off from hotel included
    • 4:30-6pm : Afternoon nap
    • 6 – 8:30pm : Watch Arsenal /Reading FA Cup Semi Final game in O’Ches pub
    • 9:pm : Dinner @ U Tří růží
    • 11pm : I go to sleep, everyone else can go to Roxy if they want.

Thanks to all who contributed - i did try and book the beer hall that was mentioned for saturday but it was fully booked, i found an equivalent which i hope is ok
  • richarddavies 17 Jan 2017 09:14:51 6,731 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone been here relatively recently? I'm going in a few weeks with the missus and just want a few ideas of things to do while we're there (places to eat, things to do.)
  • monsieur-Cosmo 17 Jan 2017 10:18:19 476 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Been there last year but my opinion is biased as Prague is my former capital :). Anyway I think the Castle and the old town are always worth a visit. Tourists always go to the King Charles bridge and the surrounding streets I felt like I was in Asia when I went there.
    Recommended from a videogame geek's point of view are the Dancing House and the ultra-modern "metalmorphosis" sculpture of Franz Kafka (the famous writer).

Edited by monsieur-Cosmo at 14:21:40 17-01-2017
  • Tonka 11 Sep 2017 12:02:47 29,584 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I've been to Prague but I didn't think about best spot to watch fireworks. I guess up at the castle unoess they use the castle as the main place to fire the fireworks.

On that big ass pedestrian bridge maybe... probably crammed.
  • Deleted user 11 September 2017 12:05:26
    I really enjoyed a medieval night I had in a pub on the way up to the castle. It was a great night. I'll try and dig the name out from my memory.

Edit:

This place: Stredoveka

I didn't enjoy this restaurant which is apparently really authentic (taken there by a local)

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood at 12:13:07 11-09-2017
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.