whatls the best steering wheel?

• wobbly_Bob 6 Sep 2009 16:31:27 4,411 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Seems a good time for racing games at the moment with Forza 3 and Need for Speed Shift coming out in the next couple of weeks, so I was thinking of taking the plunge and getting a steering wheel to play these games. What would be the best one to get? I was hoping for one with force feedback and gearstick/peddles. Recommendations please.
  • Psychotext 6 Sep 2009 17:00:11 62,872 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This one... but you may need to sell a kidney:

http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=250&lang=en
    http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_eu/index.php?cPath=21
  • wobbly_Bob 6 Sep 2009 21:10:34 4,411 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Whoa! Fek me! That's a damn sexy wheel, but I need my kidneys :-( thanks for the suggedtion. I could prob stretch to a hundred without selling any internal oegans, any suggestions pls? :-)
  • SomaticSense 6 Sep 2009 21:15:05 15,110 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Before anyone mentions the Offical MS wheel (I assume because you are interested in Forza 3 you've considered this), I'd like to point out that the build quality, at least for the launch version I've got, is appalling.

The force feedback loosened up to such a ridiculous amount and pedals now squeak so unbearably that I just can't use it anymore. It's fantastic up til then, but it only took a couple of weeks of solid use to become borderline unuseable.
  • wobbly_Bob 6 Sep 2009 21:26:17 4,411 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thanks this is just the kind of first hand advice I was looking for. Yeah I had seen this one, but now will scratch it off the list. Thx for the help!
  • FooAtari 6 Sep 2009 22:27:14 3,955 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yup, considering the cost (at launch at least) the official wheel is terrible. I'd rather use a pad over the official wheel. The Fanatec is the one to go for, better start saving :)
  • effinjamie 6 Sep 2009 23:13:28 982 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The wheel stand on that site is just what I've been after

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.