Following I wish to end my neighbours Page 62

• Decks Best Forumite, 2016 8 Sep 2017 13:52:59 17,182 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Steven Seagal film Under Siege was loosely based on a situation that developed while Muttler was working in a Little Chef off the M6 in '91.
  • Rivuzu 8 Sep 2017 13:53:25 17,600 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    He ragequit a couple of Secret Santa's ago over a racist joke book he received. He probably went back to Jacobs Ladder and just swan dived down.
  • Deleted user 8 September 2017 15:18:45
    Oh... so is that where all these "and then I grabbed a bread bin and..." stories come from on here? I never realised there was a real story behind it all.
  • RawShark 8 Sep 2017 17:17:58 484 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is easily the best thread to ever exist. It's given nothing but mirth since I've discovered it.

I'm hoping for a resurgence from SpaceMonkey at some point. Maybe once he's found his way to greener pastures abroad. He could furnish us with tales of more coin, no doubt.
  • Jeepers 8 Sep 2017 17:41:41 16,576 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    SoaceMonkey is a second-rate Vizzinnnni clone. And Vizzzziiniii was a third-rate "Gran Turismo into Infinity" clone. And that bloke was dull as fucking dishwater.
  • Psiloc 8 Sep 2017 18:10:54 4,888 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SpaceMonkey is in that “job or career” thread if you fancy it.
  • andy10 2 Dec 2017 22:20:57 299 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Downstair neighbours having a barbecue - i.e. charcoal smoke coming through my window and shitty music playing - in DECEMBER. On A Saturday night. I can't take this.
  • Cappy 2 Dec 2017 23:43:23 13,959 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The barbecue doesn't make much sense but neither does having a window open in December. Especially at night.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 3 Dec 2017 00:01:04 8,161 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Duh, he needs to let the smoke from his barbecue out!
  • andy10 3 Dec 2017 00:09:22 299 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My window's not open but it's not perfectly sealed; The smoke still permeates the room. It's post-midnight and I've reported them to the council.
  • andy10 3 Dec 2017 00:09:48 299 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But thanks for the sympathy
  • andy10 3 Dec 2017 00:21:20 299 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes i spoke to them and they didn't seem to care. Council was the next step. This isn't the first time.
  • Cappy 3 Dec 2017 00:22:00 13,959 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    :D

Just call me Mr. Sympathy.

You should get the window checked out though, if it lets smoke in it's probably way below standard. In the short term invest in some duct tape, it's pretty effective when to comes to sealing gaps.
  • andy10 3 Dec 2017 00:27:49 299 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I've sealed it with a towel (!). The insulation isn't what it could be. But all I want is a good night's sleep without a party directly outside my window. I've lived in London for the best part of a decade so it's not like I'm not used to a bit of background noise... This is on another level.
  • H1ggyLTD 3 Dec 2017 00:29:34 10,908 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Burger appreciation thread>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Edited by H1ggyLTD at 00:29:45 03-12-2017
  • Deleted user 3 December 2017 03:59:08
    Why the council and not the police? The council are the best bet for the long term, but in the short term the police are the only ones people like that will listen to.

I can sympathise. My neighbour is a noisy wanker, but thankfully has no friends, so no rowdy barbecues so far.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 3 Dec 2017 08:28:40 4,678 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @GuybrushThreepwood I had to call the council back in summer over a massively loud party in the neighbourhood that was still going on at 1AM. The rule these days is that the police only attend if either a) the person reporting the noise has been threatened or is otherwise in danger or b) there is a history of violence associated with the address the noise is coming from.

The irritating thing is that the council will only attend if you can give them an exact address that the noise is coming from, as they need to do background checks on the address for the aforementioned violence issue. In my case, the party was so loud that it was clearly audible from hundred of meters away. After the council refused to action my first call, I had to put my coat on at 1AM in the morning and head out to get the actual address.

On the upside, the council did shut it down around 45 minutes later. Though they may have been responding to a call placed earlier than mine. This party would have been keeping hundreds of people awake.
  • mAc6 3 Dec 2017 11:25:26 3,382 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    KILL M ALL
  • H1ggyLTD 3 Dec 2017 11:30:38 10,908 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @GuybrushThreepwood I had to call the council back in summer over a massively loud party in the neighbourhood that was still going on at 1AM.
    hahahahahahahaha
  • Jyzzy-Z 3 Dec 2017 12:11:45 3,562 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @GuybrushThreepwood I had to call the council back in summer over a massively loud party in the neighbourhood that was still going on at 1AM.
    hahahahahahahaha
    whats funny about that?
  • JamboWayOh 3 Dec 2017 13:04:45 10,293 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So after 4 months of reporting my neighbors to the police for growing and dealing drugs they've left. Saw them last night filling their boot full of foot long cannabis plants last night and then drove into incoming traffic. Told the police last night who said they can't accept one person's word about what they saw and they need to wait for the right time to take action.

Well those dealers obviously got spooked as they banged their back door to leave, there's cannabis leaves all over the drive and a huge plant by their back door. Went inside the house loads of dead cannabis plants everywhere, place is a tip with large cables everywhere and a loud extractor fan upstairs running. It's a fire waiting to happen. Called the police at 8.30 today, couldn't have sounded less bothered if they tried, apparently they'll send someone but we're in a queue. Police are awesome.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 3 Dec 2017 13:38:58 4,678 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @JamboWayOh Police are broken these days. Called them last year after I saw a bunch of yobbos vandalising cars in a station car park and got a similar brush-off.

Well done on getting rid of the nightmare neighbours. Had a drug dealer causing all kinds of havoc in this building about two years ago (very much atypical, as we're not generally in "that kind of area"), but fortunately we had a good management committee at the time and were able to get them evicted. Again, police weren't all that fussed.

You'd think people running a criminal enterprise from their home would at least try to keep their heads down and not draw attention to themselves. I guess the old saying that "crime is dumb" still holds true.
  • JamboWayOh 3 Dec 2017 13:44:27 10,293 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh god they were dumb, I could hear their fans, smell the stuff and I saw it. Got 11 different car registrations too. Still police said it's not enough evidence for a warrant.
  • challenge_hanukkah 3 Dec 2017 13:50:54 8,837 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My neighbours are currently loudly singing hymns with accompanying acoustic guitar.
  • JamboWayOh 3 Dec 2017 13:51:00 10,293 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    When your house reeks of cannabis every day and loud fans keep you up at night, you care less about snitching.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 3 Dec 2017 13:51:42 4,678 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Negan wrote:
    Snitches get stitches.
    ...is exactly the kind of attitude which too often means shit areas remain shit areas.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 3 Dec 2017 13:52:20 4,678 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    My neighbours are currently loudly singing hymns with accompanying acoustic guitar.
    Knock on the door and ask if any of them could give you a hand by holding the goat still while you sacrifice it to His Dark Satanic Majesty.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.