Following I wish to end my neighbours Page 69

• JamboWayOh 8 Jan 2019 10:04:02 11,831 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    I'd need a carjack to keep his gut out of the way, but it's an idea.
    Car jack or forklift?
  • challenge_hanukkah 8 Jan 2019 10:07:19 9,974 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Carjack and butter.
  • Zomoniac 8 Jan 2019 10:13:44 9,938 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Butter or mustard?
  • challenge_hanukkah 8 Jan 2019 10:17:56 9,974 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    We'd have to build up to that. I don't like the guy all that much.
  • Jono62 8 Jan 2019 10:23:42 21,847 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm sure he will be gentle.
  • RighteousPickle 8 Jan 2019 10:44:22 105 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Bad neighbours is the one time when the mafia would be useful, because no bugger else will do a thing.
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Jan 2019 07:03:31 6,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So last night I finally snapped and went upstairs to have a friendly talk, given that shitty shite was blaring louder than usual and it was 11.30.

Rang twice (I heard the bell both times), nobody answered. "Music" kept playing for another 20 minutes though - if you cba to face your neighbour at least some cop on would've been nice - door bell ringing late while I play music, hmm maybe I could turn it down a notch.

But no.

The cunt upstairs doesn't even have a name tag at his door (we all get one when moving in) so I don't know his name either.

Email to LL it is. Not keeping my hopes up that anything will change to be honest.
  • challenge_hanukkah 11 Jan 2019 07:11:15 9,974 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The twats next to us only seem to answer the door for takeaway.

Avoiding debt collectors probably.
  • Tonka 11 Jan 2019 07:20:35 29,239 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @KnuttinAtoll Are you sure they're home? Maybe they went away on an extended trip and that noise is to keep burglars away?

Not answering your door is rather shitty behaviour though. Good on you for finally taking action as well. I hope things will work out for you.
  • challenge_hanukkah 11 Jan 2019 07:27:39 9,974 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If all else fails post a turd through and then blast it with piss.
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Jan 2019 08:03:33 6,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Tonka They're at home alright. Heard them talk briefly after music stopped and noise of furniture moving (maybe a shrine for their daily ritual, feck knows).

Decided to go up again tonight when (not if) it occurs, I would prefer to sort it personally as the guy seems nice when we do see each other (been ages tho last time i bumped into him), before I go the official LL route. At least then I can say I gave him two fair chances.

It's still all quite weird how someone can change their behaviour so significantly and suddenly. Does make us think at times whether we got ourselves a jihadi in the making, in jest or otherwise:/
  • Load_2.0 11 Jan 2019 08:37:04 28,784 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Not answering the door is bullshit.

The problem you have here is when it comes to religion (any religion) especially for new joiners/converts is that they tend to be so over zealous that it trump's everything else.

Is my rediscovered/new found faith in God annoying the neighbours? Small price to pay, they can't silence me great one! Spread the word hallelujah, Allah Akbar, oooohmmmmmm etc.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Jan 2019 08:41:36 25,911 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    @Tonka They're at home alright. Heard them talk briefly after music stopped and noise of furniture moving (maybe a shrine for their daily ritual, feck knows).

Decided to go up again tonight when (not if) it occurs, I would prefer to sort it personally as the guy seems nice when we do see each other (been ages tho last time i bumped into him), before I go the official LL route. At least then I can say I gave him two fair chances.

It's still all quite weird how someone can change their behaviour so significantly and suddenly. Does make us think at times whether we got ourselves a jihadi in the making, in jest or otherwise:/
    I would go up and see him before it starts tbh.
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Jan 2019 08:45:12 6,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's pretty much what I'm fearing. Although I will give him the benefit of the doubt and believe he might not realise how audible it is, but then again the door bell last night should've given him a clue.
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Jan 2019 08:47:45 6,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear problem with that is they might still not open the door because they're not actually at home.

I don't know what they do for work but judging from their car/motorbike in the garage they leave home at pretty irregular intervals. Certainly not a 9-5 routine. At least when the music plays I know they're home.
  • askew 11 Jan 2019 09:08:20 18,646 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Maybe it’s music to cover the tantric sex they practice…
  • Load_2.0 11 Jan 2019 09:10:36 28,784 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    A ceiling gloryhole is the best way to test that theory.
  • askew 11 Jan 2019 09:13:08 18,646 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My soundtrack of choice at uni was Boards of Canada.

Smooth.
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Jan 2019 09:30:45 6,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    A ceiling gloryhole is the best way to test that theory.
    While trying to bang on the ceiling last night I realised the build quality is good old concrete, although since the bathrooms below are being renovated for over a month now (with all the noise that entails...), I suppose I could borrow their drill.

Though somehow I reckon any peeks into above will either be disappointing or shocking.

/slowly backs off the idea
  • Salaman 11 Jan 2019 09:41:05 23,493 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:

I would go up and see him before it starts tbh.
    Exactly. Why wait for it to start. Go have a chat when you get home.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Jan 2019 09:47:23 25,911 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear problem with that is they might still not open the door because they're not actually at home.

I don't know what they do for work but judging from their car/motorbike in the garage they leave home at pretty irregular intervals. Certainly not a 9-5 routine. At least when the music plays I know they're home.
    just go up and chap the door at random intervals till they answer.
  • Load_2.0 11 Jan 2019 10:05:43 28,784 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It's obvious they are aware that it's probably causing a nuisance and they don't want to do anything about it.

If they didn't answer the last last time nor sure why they would want to discuss it later.
  • challenge_hanukkah 11 Jan 2019 10:20:23 9,974 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just take a camping chair and possibly a sleeping bag and wait for them at the door.

Then kill them.
  • RighteousPickle 11 Jan 2019 10:25:25 105 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    You do wonder how loud people have to have their stuff for you to hear it. I hear the murmur of the TV from the old guy upstairs whose probably deaf, but it doesn't really bother me - I'd sleep through the blitz. But considering I can't hear anything else it must be blaring out.
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Jan 2019 11:22:54 6,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think going up when it actually happens is better because he can't say "what music" or "it's not me".

Plus the fact I'm disturbing him at unsociable hours should sort of hammer the point home hopefully.

And finally, I frankly can't be arsed to interrupt my schedule in the hope of getting hold of him (still no guarantee they open during the day). Honestly I think I'm being extremely forthcoming already - Others might simply just call the cops.
  • RighteousPickle 11 Jan 2019 11:25:50 105 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @KnuttinAtoll You might be getting ahead of yourself. Some people are blissfully unaware of the outside world, and tbf I probably wouldn't answer the door at 11.30 to some random bloke. Best to try in the day when you're not annoyed too?
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Jan 2019 11:32:00 6,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @RighteousPickle that's why i want to give him another chance tonight. Also I'm his neighbour he should recognise me through his door's peephole. It's not a huge building and people are normally very civil here.

And while I will be annoyed, I'm not the kind of person getting aggro so will still be polite even when it's late. Just saying that others probably wouldn't be so nice and he should be fucking lucky we are his neighbours and not some alpha meat head looking for a fight...

Edit - oh and small anecdote, a friend of mine down the road got the cops called on him for putting some nails into the wall during the day, so it's not something completely unheard of around here:)

Edited by KnuttinAtoll at 11:38:33 11-01-2019
  • challenge_hanukkah 11 Jan 2019 11:43:09 9,974 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's all well a good you saying you won't beat the living shit out of him, but you can't legislate for his reaction.

Take a bread bin lid shield just to be on the safe side.
  • RighteousPickle 11 Jan 2019 11:45:48 105 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Yeah hard one. I'd start keeping a note of what times it's happening. I wouldn't write them a note or anything because they could use that against you. I suppose it is reasonable to call the police at some point if they won't even answer the door.
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Jan 2019 11:49:22 6,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    It's all well a good you saying you won't beat the living shit out of him, but you can't legislate for his reaction.

Take a bread bin lid shield just to be on the safe side.
    I did consider the possibility what to do if I caught him out just when he'd put his 'sausage belt' on.

Bring mustard?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.