Following I wish to end my neighbours Page 93

Next Last
  • Trafford 12 Apr 2021 18:49:04 9,202 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wahey! There's a Scottsman making diggs at the English. Comedy GOLD.
  • drhickman1983 14 Apr 2021 20:19:30 7,515 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So, fun day with my housemates. As a reminder, I live in a shared house with the landlord, his partner and one other guy. The partner has some severe anxiety issues, and she fairly frequently has anxiety attacks and is just mental. Usually the answer is directed at him.

She had one today which escalated far more than usual, where she locked herself in the bathroom with a knife and threatened to harm herself.

We called the police for concerns over her safety, which may have further exacerbated her mood, and in her heightened state she threatened to kill me. Police came and kinda helped defuse things, but then just left, causing her to flare up again before finally calming down. So Things have de-escalated, eventually. I'm relieved to say.

I was packing my bags in readiness to get away when we had a house chat. She's apologised and does *seem* genuinely regretful, had an open chat about the issues and stresses we all face, but I do think any immediate risk to me has passed. Hopefully.

Still think I'll try and relocate to a family members house in the *very* near future though.
  • JamboWayOh 14 Apr 2021 22:54:48 23,783 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @drhickman1983

Regardless of what was said I would be making moves to be out of there sharpish, someone living in the same house as me threatening to harm herself then threatening to kill me would be the last straw. There's no indication when that would happen again, tbh you were looking for the push to get out of there , this is it.
  • dfunked09 14 Apr 2021 22:57:30 1,993 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Yeah, thought I'd posted earlier but that's a serious GTFO situation right there. If living with family is an option instead of putting up with that kind of crazy, it just makes sense (obviously without knowing every little detail)
  • Load_2.0 14 Apr 2021 23:10:15 33,039 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Sounds like she wants a ticket to bone town. Population you! Errr and her.

In bone town.

Doin' it.

"It" being sex.
  • neilka 14 Apr 2021 23:24:42 23,907 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    What is the average ambulance response time in Bone Town?
  • Dirt3 14 Apr 2021 23:26:24 1,616 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I would be getting the hell out asap.
  • MysteryLamb 14 Apr 2021 23:28:42 621 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought I had a bad time of it this last 12 months with neighbours, to the point where they have forced me to decide to sell and move (in process right now, solicitor stage, waiting game) including police at one point recently, but that's a level up DrHickman. Get out man. Just being in the process of it (fingers crossed and all that) has really helped me stay sane and to tolerate the now.

Living in the same house as a troubled soul is very difficult. Many years ago I lived with a best mate and his gf. It wasn't on the same level as you describe and he wasn't the landlord but she would do things like having a go that I hadn't locked the front door overnight (when I hadn't even left the house that day or gone near the door - yet she came in from her job as a bouncer at 3am) or cooking a meal and putting whole peppercorns in just my serving possibly trying to break a tooth. Thankfully my mate dumped her after about 6 months. Think she just wanted me gone so she could gaslight him freely. Not that we knew that expression in the late 90s.

Get away, protect your sanity and your life.
  • TheSaint 14 Apr 2021 23:30:24 20,651 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    That canít be right. Sitcoms have always told me that life in a shared house is full of japes.
  • Rogueywon 14 Apr 2021 23:33:57 11,543 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    In my last rental place, I had a genuine nutcase downstairs for the last 6 months. She kept making noise complaints about me, when I was pretty sure I wasn't making much noise (and had no complaints in the previous 6 years). She also liked to talk to voices in her head.

The hilarious moment was a week after I moved out. I got a call from the letting agent: "We know you gave the keys back, but you didn't keep a set did you? We've just had a noise complaint about you from the downstairs neighbour. We've not re-let the place yet, so..."
  • challenge_hanukkah 15 Apr 2021 06:10:46 14,122 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I overheard our awful/insane neighbours tell a friend of their's that we'd apparently kept them up all night with loud classical music.

I can't say I'm much of a Beefoven fan.

It's as if they thought to themselves, "Hmm, what would people who can string a sentence together listen to?" and came up with that. Totally bizarre.
  • robthehermit 15 Apr 2021 11:15:21 8,406 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @drhickman1983 Yeah, I'd get out of there if you can. You don't want to end up doing an Ubergine do you.
  • anephric 15 Apr 2021 12:23:12 4,989 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    I overheard our awful/insane neighbours tell a friend of their's that we'd apparently kept them up all night with loud classical music.

I can't say I'm much of a Beefoven fan.

It's as if they thought to themselves, "Hmm, what would people who can string a sentence together listen to?" and came up with that. Totally bizarre.
    I used to do exactly this. If DJ Fucknose was banging through the wall, I'd put on Wagner or the 1812 Overture as loud as possible.

If I'm going to be a twat and reciprocate, I'm going to at least be asthetically superior, anti-Semitic Wagnerisms notwithstanding.

Edited by anephric at 12:23:19 15-04-2021
  • Tonka 15 Apr 2021 13:34:14 31,789 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @drhickman1983 get the fuck out.

It's nice of her to be full of regrets when she's all there, but that's not what you have to worry about. If you have another place to crash then leave, and tell her boyfriend you want any pre-paid rent back.
  • RawShark 15 Apr 2021 23:51:49 1,744 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fuck. Itís either move out or be one of those housemates that stays in their room and buys a portable hot plate so you donít need to use the communal kitchen.

I mean, itís an option.
  • Rogueywon 15 Apr 2021 23:58:11 11,543 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @drhickman1983 Just seen this. Get the fuck out. The problem with people in that kind of place is that an apology today is absolutely no guarantee she won't come at you with a knife tomorrow.

This is going to end in a Section 135, but you want to make sure that you've not got stab wounds at the time.
  • Rum_Monkey 16 Apr 2021 00:00:19 2,673 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I mean, if you don't get out at this point you deserved to get stabbed and turned into a skin suit they wear when making love.
  • RawShark 16 Apr 2021 01:09:07 1,744 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think any place where you have ďhouse chatsĒ is a sign to move out.
  • drhickman1983 16 Apr 2021 14:54:45 7,515 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm going to stay at my dad's site a couple of weeks. Did talk to the housemate in question today. I think it was a good chat and quite reassuring, we were quite open about things and it did dispel summer if the awkwardness.

Truth is, I think when she's not in a state of hyper emotion she's actually fairly easy to talk to and get on with. But the danger is what happens when she does enter into a meltdown. Will it happen again?

Pretty much told her that, she assured me that she'd never harm herself or somebody else, but I really don't think it would take much to push her over the edge, with her ending up doing something she regrets.

But yeah, getting out tomorrow, for a few weeks at least.

Edited by drhickman1983 at 15:34:20 16-04-2021
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.