Trading in games to Cex

First Previous
  • megatron2.0 9 Feb 2010 20:03:59 14 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Do I need to open an account with cex to exchange games with them and if so do i need id to open an account ?
  • Deleted user 9 February 2010 20:06:26
    POW
  • megatron2.0 9 Feb 2010 20:51:25 14 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Micro_Explosion. wrote:
    POW

• L3E 12 Feb 2010 14:24:52 71 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If your looking for cash then Cex is a good place to make a quick £.

If you seriously want to trade your games in to get other games, it may be worth checking with Cex the trade price and then going to Gamestation who beat it by £1.

Gamestation offer terrible trade in prices so i always check cex first.

If you knew this or was solely trading in for cash then ignore most of this lol
  • Syrette 12 Feb 2010 14:25:20 51,003 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    HMV are decent for trades/sales too.
  • nickthegun 12 Feb 2010 14:28:39 84,540 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    isnt megatron 2.0 actually galvatron?
  • tiffer1 14 Feb 2010 11:37:59 12 posts
    Seen 8 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    L3E wrote:

If you seriously want to trade your games in to get other games, it may be worth checking with Cex the trade price and then going to Gamestation who beat it by £1.

Do gamestation still do the deal that they beat any trade price?
  • megatron2.0 14 Feb 2010 20:02:49 14 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:

Only after the movie in the g1 timeline but in most of the other programs he is megatron still
  • Deleted user 14 February 2010 20:05:54
    megatron2.0 wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

Only after the movie in the g1 timeline but in most of the other programs he is megatron still

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD
  • Mike_Hunt 14 Feb 2010 21:26:05 23,524 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    HMV give cash for old games? Do Game or Gamestation also give cash, or do they only take them in exchange for other games?

[MH]
  • LionheartDJH 14 Feb 2010 21:48:49 20,300 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mike_Hunt wrote:
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    HMV give cash for old games? Do Game or Gamestation also give cash, or do they only take them in exchange for other games?

[MH]

Game and Gamestation do give cash for games but you need to have I.D. on you to get it. In all honesty though their cash offers are usually pretty bad, most of the time you're better off selling your games at CEX or on ebay. I'm not sure about HMV, I assume that as they do exchange they will probably do cash, but I've never traded or sold anything with them so I couldn't say, sorry.
  • jonsaan 14 Feb 2010 21:51:14 27,052 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    tiffer1 wrote:
    L3E wrote:

Well yes, to a degree. But they simply can't on some prices. They tell you they would sell it for less and that's that. They beat CEX on some anyway though. By quite a lot from time to time.
  • Deleted user 19 March 2010 14:15:32
    Anyone know what console trade-ins are like? Do they offer reasonable prices on 360s?
  • Deleted user 19 March 2010 14:21:39
    Is there an argument for trade-ins etc other than convenience? I track prices on gamestracker, buy new, and always seem to make a couple of quid of profit on Ebay.
  • Kosmoz 14 Jun 2010 12:56:54 8,184 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I just did a search on the CEX website to see what I could get if I sell Dirt 2.
    This was the first search result.
    NSFW.
  • RyanDS 20 Jul 2010 09:35:21 13,676 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Went into CEX yesterday, took two games and checked the prices on the website beforehand. In store they offered me £12 rather than the £15 the website stated, when I said that the web was different they called me a liar. So I pulled out my phone, pulled up the website and showed them. Then they started going "we don't know what to do" at which point I walked out.

So rude, and then dithering over whether to honour the web price. Was not impressed at all. I'll stick to HMV (best trade in offers but expensive games) and Gamestation (crap money, but some ridiculously cheap games to make upfor it.)
  • THFourteen 20 Jul 2010 09:36:54 53,863 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    trading in games for cex?
  • fletch7100 27 Dec 2011 11:22:53 8,372 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Some random 2nd hand prices in CEX

Dragon age 2 £8
    Need for speed the run£30
    BF3 £26
    Forza 4. £26
    Gears of war 3 £20
    Blue Dragon £4
    Alpha protocol £3

Bully scholarship edition. £22 it's actually cheaper on Games on Demand. Is it a rarity so still the inflated price
  • FanBoysSuck 27 Dec 2011 12:28:19 1,668 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ryandsimmons wrote:
    Went into CEX yesterday, took two games and checked the prices on the website beforehand. In store they offered me £12 rather than the £15 the website stated, when I said that the web was different they called me a liar. So I pulled out my phone, pulled up the website and showed them. Then they started going "we don't know what to do" at which point I walked out.

So rude, and then dithering over whether to honour the web price. Was not impressed at all. I'll stick to HMV (best trade in offers but expensive games) and Gamestation (crap money, but some ridiculously cheap games to make upfor it.)
    what they should have said is that the online prices are updated once a day so if there is a price change in the morning it won't be online until the next day.

Unfortunately Cex is going the way of game, they've started hiring sales people rather than gamers.
  • Deleted user 31 January 2012 19:54:56
    tiffer1 wrote:

Yep - they beat each game by £1. They took my word for what prices CEX were offering (I checked CEX's website before I went in and, yes, I was honest). The second-hand prices in Gamestation are good at the moment, got Bulletstorm: Epic Edition and Borderlands for £5 each. I'm trying to use them over Game/CEX as I don't want Gamestation to die out - here they're the only shop with friendly staff who know/care about games.
  • Deleted user 3 March 2012 16:04:21
    So I've never been to a CEX before and they don't have a phone number (that I can find!). I went on their website and they seem to be offering me three separate prices for an iPad 1 16gb wifi. What am I missing?

And what do I need to bring (box is in another city)?
  • RyanDS 3 Mar 2012 16:10:48 13,676 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Depends on quality. They generally do Boxed / great quality / chav scuffed quality.

Look at your ipad, then whatever is one below your opinion is what they will offer,
  • Deleted user 18 April 2012 17:21:46
    Quick check on the subject of CeX. Do they generally have an "accept everything" policy?

I'm gonna trade in a whole bunch of software and hardware tomorrow but don't really want to shlep it all in if there's a chance of anything being rejected, especially hardware. It's all in working order and good condition.
  • MrDigital 18 Apr 2012 17:33:37 1,885 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I used CeX a lot when I was a teenager and I only ever got rejected when something was broken, and even with the broken things, they often wouldn't notice/care.

Might be different nowadays though, it's been about 3/4 years since I've gone.
  • MikeP 18 Aug 2014 10:59:19 2,974 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I realise this is a thread necro, however I though it worth noting CEX now support proper online redemption of in-store credit vouchers as a payment method.

Chopped in an old 360 and games, then I just ordered the stuff I wanted online, they then issued a new voucher for the remaining credit value via email.
  • Nades 31 Jan 2015 15:20:09 2,907 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is my first time using CEX. I've printed off the label, is where is says CeX WeBuy Order the Order Number?

Edited by Nades at 15:22:27 31-01-2015
  • Deleted user 31 January 2015 15:36:35
    Don't forget to put a few pubes in the case before you post it. I've heard CEX ban people for not doing this.
  • killersrquiet 31 Jan 2015 15:38:25 3,192 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Terms and conditions demand pubes
  • First Previous
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.