First time to New York! Page 6

Next Last
  • monkehhh 19 Sep 2016 09:53:21 5,176 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just don't walk in the bridge's cycle lane like an idiot (+ you might get run over) :)
  • Dirtbox 19 Sep 2016 09:53:22 91,210 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Tonka 19 Sep 2016 10:27:10 29,976 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @TheJackKetch Through the wonders of Google I managed to find it (it was near Greenwich Village and I recognized it from street view)
    Called Meskerem Ethiopian Cuisine on 124 Macdougal St.

If you like Indian food and pancakes you should definitely try Ethiopian. We had two dinner combos (one meat one vegetarian) and I really enjoyed it all.

I also see on Google Maps that there are some higher rated Ethiopians around. I really enjoyed the neighborhood where this one was at though.
  • Tonka 19 Sep 2016 10:28:12 29,976 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    I don't wish to be rude, but isn't Ethiopian food a touch.. Sparse?
    I found it to be both varied and tasty.
  • Tonka 19 Sep 2016 10:41:59 29,976 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Then eat it whilst walking along the Brooklyn Bridge going back into Manhattan.
    Or join the mad queue for one of the pizzerias that battle for the title "Best Pizza in NYC".
    Or even better, take on look at that and realise it won't be close to what they do at L' Antica Pizzeria da Michele in Napoli anyways and go a bit further down towards the river and have a pizza at Ignazzios where you don't have to wait in line like a pauper and they do great pizzas and salads.
  • TheJackKetch 19 Sep 2016 10:59:56 170 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Tonka Great thanks for hunting it down, I love Indian food and pancakes so win win :)
  • Dirtbox 19 Sep 2016 11:04:37 91,210 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Dirtbox 19 Sep 2016 11:05:25 91,210 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 19 September 2016 11:18:07
    Tonka wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Then eat it whilst walking along the Brooklyn Bridge going back into Manhattan.
    Or join the mad queue for one of the pizzerias that battle for the title "Best Pizza in NYC".
    Or even better, take on look at that and realise it won't be close to what they do at L' Antica Pizzeria da Michele in Napoli anyways and go a bit further down towards the river and have a pizza at Ignazzios where you don't have to wait in line like a pauper and they do great pizzas and salads.
    Finally tried da Michele's this year after having American colleagues tell me NYC does the best pizzas in the world, and realised they are all full of shit.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.